Where To Go And Where To Stay?

webtv

Hi,

Im going to Chiang Mai this week and I would like to know the places that have the most breathtaking scenery that I can capture on video whilst there.

I have never been to Chiang Mai before, so any info from downtown Chiang Mai to the surrounding areas would be appreciated.

I have a 3 days to capture 3 hours of beauty, where would you go?

Also where would you stay? mid range hotel (up to 2k per night) with access to these areas?

Thanks to any and all information.. much appreciated.

:o

no one? yes its easy to google, but if you live there the advice would be better I think?

thx

Yes, it is, and there are certainly many such areas, but perhaps giving directions is difficult.

How wide a radius from CM centre are you thinking of ?

Will you be employing a guide ? A good local guide should be able to get you around to quite a number of places in 3 days.

Edited by sylviex

Wish you the best Webtv. I do understand that your doing a videolog is something diff than the avg tour around town, but this is almost a weekly topic: Where to go in CM (for 2 days, 3 days, etc)? You should find plenty of info on your own googling the TV base.... And then get spurred to ask more specific questions. If you tell us more about your project and get us excited about it also, there's a better chance for more help too.

Ok Guys fair enough.. I understand.. I gues many ask the same questions weekly..

Well the crux t of the few days is to highlight the beauty of Chiang Mai.. For Instance I did one of Phuket for a travel show and that included all the main beach areas, the nightlife, the Temples, the food and daily life type stuff... I had friends that knew Phuket well, so I was shown areas that were off the beaten track a little compared to the normal tourist areas.. so in saying that, please PM me if you can so I dont let everyone in on the "golden areas".

I was particularly wanting the best mountainous view, the best waterfall, the main road downtown, elephants treking through the mountains, expat watering holes, major shopping areas etc.. The usual Travel Log type thing..

Any info appreciated via this thread or via PM.

Thanks!!

If I were you I'd contact Sky Adventures and take a ride in their ultralight and film the area from the air 100 to 500 feet above the rice fields, temples and forest areas. Or try Lanna Flying Club or CM Flying Club and see if they have an open plane to film from. You won't regret it and you'll have wonderfully unique video to entertain friends.

If I were you I'd contact Sky Adventures and take a ride in their ultralight and film the area from the air 100 to 500 feet above the rice fields, temples and forest areas. Or try Lanna Flying Club or CM Flying Club and see if they have an open plane to film from. You won't regret it and you'll have wonderfully unique video to entertain friends.

Now thats the info I wanted.. muchly appreciated!! :o

missthesis.. I thank you for your help and PM... You are a great photographer and I might be in touch for some photos soon.. :D