Multiple Entry

I currently hold a multiple entry type "o" visa that is nearly expired.

I got this visa from the uk without having to hand over any kind of evidence.

I would like to renew this visa for 12 months but I do not wish to go back to uk.

I am married to a thai national we do not have silly amounts of money we live in ubonratchatani.

I would like to know what are my best options?

preferably I would like to go to laos and simply renew my current visa for 12 months - is this possible?

what kind of paperwork do I need?

Thanks for any help.

If you can demonstrate a family income (offshore, onshore or a combination) of 40,000 Baht per month you can get a 12 month extension, there are a number of threads about the (somewhat variable) requirements.

Otherwise, KL is your best bet for a multi-entry 'O' visa on the grounds of marriage.

Take with you:-

Passport photos

Copy of wifes ID card (signed and dated by her)

Copy of wifes house book (again signed and dated)

Original and copy of marriage cert (both of you sign and date it).

Copy of your PP (data page).

An invitation letter from your wife may or may not be asked for. Get your lady to write a quick note inviting you, if they don't ask for it don't offer, same with any bank stuff. It can't hurt to have them but we don't want to give them ideas

The embassy is on Jalan Ampang, nearest LRT station is Ampang Park (NOT Ampang), the embassy is a few minutes walk. If you get a taxi and they don't know the embassy, it's not far from the British High Commission (which they certainly will know).

As for accomodation, Google is your friend, lots of cheap and reasonable places around Jalan Petaling / Chinatown, personally I use the Crown Princess it's near the embassy but most definately not cheap.

Drop off of documents is from 9.30AM, get there early, they open the gates at 9 and you can sit inside in the shade filling your forms (which they give you). Collect next morning at 11 ish, you collect your passport from the gatehouse so not much queueing.

Unlike Penang you really don't need an agent, it's a piece of cake.