Will The Bars Be Closed During The 4 Day Holiday?

durianfan

Was thinking of coming down to Pattaya for the four-day weekend next week but the government in all its idiocy will probably close the bars for the national holidays:

Thursday, July 17 - Asalha Puja Day

Friday, July 18 - Khao Phansaa (Buddhist lent)

Just wondering if anyone has any info. Thanks!

I think you guys are missing the point. Many short time stayers in Pattaya are there to check out the nightlife / bar scene.

They don't go to buy beer at 7-11 and drink in their room.

And you didn't even answer his question (for which I also don't know the answer).

If you can't live without drinking at the bar for a few days you must have a very sad life.

The guy said he wanted to visit Pattaya for the long weekend.

I don't drink at bars every day. Far from it.

But if I visit Pattaya, I also want to know whether or not the bars will be open so I can/cannot check out the nightlife.

You're the one with the sad life if you can only spread negative crap on the internet without being able to understand the reason for a simple question.

Edited by MisterFingers

If you can't live without drinking at the bar for a few days you must have a very sad life.

Obviously the OP is going to some expense..travel,etc.

Why flame for a legititamate question?

If you go to some town for a weekend,why in the h*ll would you wan't to go when everything

is closed?

Ok,as it seems rife in goverment(police) policy to close bars at their whim in high spending tourist areas,why do they not care about the bar owners and staff missing on income?

This year with every election and bhuddist day,It seems if the bars were open it would be a win/win situation for everyone.

Your choice if you patronise bars or not,IMHO it would be better for everyones pocket if open daily.

Anyway info i have is the bars will be open.

Who cares? I can't understand people here. Every time a holiday comes up, and in Thailand there are plenty, people want to know if the Bars are going to be closed. If you need alchahol that bad, buy it the day before and drink at home.

Barry

Don't forget Barry mate, theres more than just alcohol on offer in the bars! :o

Unfortunately the Buddhist lent actually asks people refraining from taking any alcohol, so it ends up being one of the holidays where the nightlife is pretty heavily handed being closed :o

I kind of agree with Barry and madjbs, but that is in my (and their) case, where I work hard but am not bound by the clock, so I can get my R&R whenever I feel like it...

I do agree however with he OP, since he seems to be in the kind of environment where days off are far and between, and the last thing you want when working your rear end off for weeks on end, then get blessed with a 4 day long weekend, only to find yourself end up in a virtual ghost city... Ain't right.

I can go for a beer tomorrow, the OP most probably can't!

The bars have been closed every other year! Of course there will be the ones with the lights turned down and serving beer / spirits in a coffe mug. Sorta makes you feel like a kid sneaking a smoke behind the bike shed - not much atmosphere though, no music either.

Generally speaking the bars will close and many of the staff all take off for their home villages in Isan for the long weekend.

Then they all get right royally drunk with the local lads as there is no restriction on the sale of alcohol, once you get out of the main urban areas - especially Bangkok and Pattaya which are full of non Buddhist tourists. :o

Who cares? I can't understand people here. Every time a holiday comes up, and in Thailand there are plenty, people want to know if the Bars are going to be closed. If you need alchahol that bad, buy it the day before and drink at home.

Barry

Only if it's a manly drink, like Spy or Malibu, right Baz? :o

may the Buddhist stick to their promises, refrain from doing evil, not to walk in the rain. having fun, the lot... but be so kind and allow me and all others which are not attached to any Buddhist cultural background, to enjoy a humble drink or 20 and do and eat whatever my sinful body, tongue, heart, soul and mind desires! :o

Just checking, the post offices will be closed too, right? Anyone know exact dates of when the post office is closed?

If you can't live without standing in a queue in a post office for a few days you must live a sad life! :o

Edited by crudy21