Departing On An Early Flight. Are There Economical Hotels At Or Near Airport?

Hoping someone can help.

I'm reviewing my flight options from Bangkok Suvarnabuni Airport and narrowed it down to an 08:10am departure with a 05:30am check in time.

I think it might be a daunting task to check out of my Bangkok hotel at 4:30am and cab it to the airport.

Should I stay at an airport hotel or is it more economical to spend the night in Bangkok?

Are there reasonably priced hotels at or near the airport?

Are cabs available this early in the morning?

cheers.

R

Edited by rockyysdt

I always take a JAL flight that leaves at 810am and get to the airport around 630am and the place is empty . no one in line at the check in and passport control and when I get to the gate it isn't even open. Takes less than 30 min by Taxi from the middle of sukumvit to the airport. It is a good time to get a flight.

How much is your peace of mind worth?

How much are you paying for a night at the place in the city?

You can get a room for 3000 baht at the airport Novotel.

What's an economical room go for in Bangkok? 1000 baht?

So is the extra 2000 baht or so, that big a deal for peace of mind and the ability to get some extra sleep?

How much is your peace of mind worth?

How much are you paying for a night at the place in the city?

You can get a room for 3000 baht at the airport Novotel.

What's an economical room go for in Bangkok? 1000 baht?

So is the extra 2000 baht or so, that big a deal for peace of mind and the ability to get some extra sleep?

Dont know where you get that price for the Novotel from. Currently they are over 6000 baht per night.

Try the Radisson with prices startng at just over 2000 and with easy access to the expressway to the airport. Book on AsiaRooms.com

I have stayed at Novotel for early flights, there is a shuttle bus from the hotel which takes about 2 minutes.

I used to pay 6,000 baht; but my company paid, so no worries; if you are in Bangkok you can easily catch a taxi at any time of night, better still get you hotel to pre-order one.

My impression of the Novotel is good. I could not fault the room; disappointed at TV channel selection. Mrs Libya loved all the freebies in the amazing bathroom, warning: minibar prices are astonishing, bring a bottle in your bag, also bring a bottle or two of mineral water.

The restaurants aren't much good either. Funny but the in-room service food was much better quality.

Try the "Inter-Place Hotel" just opposite the Rajamangala Stadium on Ramkhamhaeng 24. ...........500/600 baht and 11 minutes to the airport. Good rooms, great restaurant and some other restaurants in a small market outside the side entrance.

Hoping someone can help.

I'm reviewing my flight options from Bangkok Suvarnabuni Airport and narrowed it down to an 08:10am departure with a 05:30am check in time.

I think it might be a daunting task to check out of my Bangkok hotel at 4:30am and cab it to the airport.

Should I stay at an airport hotel or is it more economical to spend the night in Bangkok?

Are there reasonably priced hotels at or near the airport?

Are cabs available this early in the morning?

cheers.

R

I have just spent a night at Convenient Resort payed about 900 bhat for 2 with breafast and airport transfer. Booked through http://www.agoda.com and that saved about 400 Bhat.

It is probably the closest to the airport and takes 5 to 10 mins to Departure's

Dont know where you get that price for the Novotel from. Currently they are over 6000 baht per night.

When I looked at the Novotel website; 2 single beds, superior room 3000 baht.

Use of the Accor Hotel loyalty card can often bring an additional discount on top of discounted room rate which can offset the taxes.

I see that for a room in august there is a hot deal at 4500 baht.

Novotel provides a price guarantee that it will be the lowest available price. Note that certain hotel chains are now starting to provide lower rates than available on many search engine websites especially asiarooms.