Rain........

bmw

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's rained here in Korat for basically 48 hours. I have not had a drink in two days, things are looking grim! Waiting for a break so I can get some shopping done...... I'm thinking of building an Arc; two cases of scotch, two cases of Gin etc!

I don't know if there are flood gates at the end of the San Saeb canal, but if there are someone should open them, becuase I just went out to have a look and its nearly overflowing.

And that water in there is not Evian.

Noticed on Klong Tan soi 3, (same same san saeb?) even the long tailed passenger boats aren't running...water level almost at the top and wellie's (or a canoe) are mandatory on my soi... :o

Edit: JD, where'd you get the close-up radar image? I like! Does it also do the cool animation time lapse sequence thingy??

PS, Everyone, no peeing in the klong untill further notice... :D

Edited by baht&sold

jai dee

i would also like a link to some of your weather and radar sites.

i can recommend wunderground.com for detailed half hourly full metars data..... (whatever that means ..... but it certainly is detailed ) from a number of sites in thailand.

but no detailed radar shots.

thanks

taxexile.

ps. rain stopping now and brightening up a bit over taxexile acres on sukhumvit , but its got a bit chilly , down to about 25c it feels like.

Edited by taxexile

Why is it raining in bkk!!!!  hasnt stopped all day.......... :o

Is this the sort of welcome I deserve??!!  Oh well I'll just have to resort to indoor activities.... :D

It's rained nonstop for 48 hours now in Prachinburi and my house is surrounded by water on all sides (a first in the 10 years I've lived here). A few more inches and the water will be in the house, which was not built for it. Rain, rain, go away!!!

I thought it was raining last night but it was just someone pissing in my pocket.

Ever since they raised the price of a piss from three baht to five baht in the bars, drinkers have been looking for a cheaper alternative. As a preventative measure, I tried walking around with my hands in my pockets but then some drinker pissed in my Nike  sneakers.......don't ask!!!!

:D

Don´t let gent Scamp near them then...

It's raining in my heart. :o

Sob blub sob boo hoo

No rain here for nearly two days....How´s the old blind man with his seeing eye dog...

btw, only on page 41 myself... since I changed my control sttings...

Edited by kayo

Ok folks, seeing so many of you have an interest, here are some links to the Thai Meteorology Department (TMD)... :o

Here's the synoptic chart from yesterday at 18 UTC...

TMD Main Website (English version)

Radar image - BKK - 300km

Satellite photo (enhanced) this one takes some time to download...

Here's the current one so you don't have to wait to download it...

7 day forecast

Monthly forecast

Weather charts

Its still rainin outside in BKK, but its (finers crossed)ok here inside for the time bein.

I recommend a fully stocked fride for these occasions and some ood DVD's coz UBC surely is the worst Sat company on the planet. :o

You're right about UBC for sure...and the most expensive at that.

What I'm worried most about is the effect of water entering all the electrical outlets, of which there are many near floor level. I assume this will short out the whole house. Any advice on how to avert this? Actually almost all my electronics, frigde etc are on the first floor. Of course I can move them upstairs, but not much help if the power goes...

BTW, just a few weeks ago all the local farmers pinned orchids to their front bumpers as part of a ceremony designed to bring on more rain. Last time they did this there was a week long deluge, ditto this time only worse. Maybe some of you in areas without rain could advise your neighbors to do something similiar and thereby divert the rains from here? (When in Rome....)

Ok folks, seeing so many of you have an interest, here are some links to the Thai Meteorology Department (TMD)...  :o

Here's the synoptic chart from yesterday at 18 UTC...

TMD Main Website (English version)

Radar image - BKK - 300km

Satellite photo (enhanced) this one takes some time to download...

Here's the current one so you don't have to wait to download it...

7 day forecast

Monthly forecast

Weather charts

Many thanks for the link but OMIGOD!!! According to them 'a second bout of rain about to start. Anyone know any Thai magic spells to ward it off? (i.e. a reverse rain dance?) There is literally nowhere left for the water to go but in my house, it's the only unsubmerged area left in the immediate surroundings....

Its still rainin outside in BKK, but its (finers crossed)ok here inside for the time bein.

I recommend a fully stocked fride for these occasions and some ood DVD's coz UBC surely is the worst Sat company on the planet. :D

What I'm worried most about is the effect of water entering all the electrical outlets, of which there are many near floor level. I assume this will short out the whole house. Any advice on how to avert this? Actually almost all my electronics, frigde etc are on the first floor. Of course I can move them upstairs, but not much help if the power goes...

Knock the MCB off or pull the fuse out of the dist' board for the downstairs ring circuit :o. If you're not sure, set the microwave off and knock them off one by one until she stops spinning :D. If you have a Safe-T-Cut jobby, it'll still probably cut the house when the water hits the dead sockets. There is a way around this which doesn't involve bypassing the Safe-t-Cut, but don't mess around if you're unsure.

Come on guys, Word Association is catching big time...already past the big 100.

Pissed down all day today in CM in dribs and drabs but nothing too dramatic..yet.

Knock the MCB off or pull the fuse out of the dist' board for the downstairs ring circuit :o. If you're not sure, set the microwave off and knock them off one by one until she stops spinning :D. If you have a Safe-T-Cut jobby, it'll still probably cut the house when the water hits the dead sockets. There is a way around this which doesn't involve bypassing the Safe-t-Cut, but don't mess around if you're unsure.

Much of this is greek to me, but I get the part about cut off the circuit and it'll probably short anyhow...which is what I pretty much figured.

Had a few days reprieve but the surrounding water is still high enough that another good dfownpour will do it. Thinking of covering up the sockets with duct tape after cutting tyhe circuit if it comes to that in the hopes it might help...figure can't hurt?