Some Questions About Non Imm B Multi Visa

I am close to understanding this but I have a few remaining questions. I am presently in Thailand on a Non Imm ED visa.

Beginning with the saga about telecommuting I am presently researching opening a US Amity company that would entitle me to get a 1 year Non Immigrant B Visa and a work permit so I can safely stay within the law.

I am confused about a few things

After the US Amity company has been formed what documents do I take to Penang? Once I arrive there do I get a 1 year Non Imm B Visa and a work permit? If not when, how and where do I get the work permit?

Do I have to get the Non Imm B visa outside of Thailand? Does Thailand not grant these in country? Also I would like to understand the order of events that will begin once the US Amity company is formed up to the point where I have a 1 year Non Imm B Multi with a work permit. Do I need to make multiple trips to Penang to get the process started?

Secondly, it seems I am not going to be entitled to an extension of stay so I must do visa runs.

But if I have a 1 year visa why do I have to leave the country before the year is up? Do I ever need to go to immigration at Suan Plu with a 1 year non Immigrant Multi B visa or is maintaining this visa somehow done vicariously through the visa runs? What is the difference between the people at the border stamping the visa and the people at Immigration at Suan Plu?

Thank you

I am close to understanding this but I have a few remaining questions. I am presently in Thailand on a Non Imm ED visa.

Beginning with the saga about telecommuting I am presently researching opening a US Amity company that would entitle me to get a 1 year Non Immigrant B Visa and a work permit so I can safely stay within the law.

After the US Amity company has been formed what documents do I take to Penang?

Check this link http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492 You must have applied for a work permit in Thailand and have the WP3 receipt.

Once I arrive there do I get a 1 year Non Imm B Visa and a work permit?

No you will get a single entry 90 day non immigrant B visa. You show this at Labour on your return and they will process your Work Permit application (normally takes 2 months). Then you can start work!

If not when, how and where do I get the work permit?

See above.

Do I have to get the Non Imm B visa outside of Thailand?

Yes

Does Thailand not grant these in country?

No

Also I would like to understand the order of events that will begin once the US Amity company is formed up to the point where I have a 1 year Non Imm B Multi with a work permit. Do I need to make multiple trips to Penang to get the process started?

You will go to KL just before your first 90 day expires.

Secondly, it seems I am not going to be entitled to an extension of stay so I must do visa runs.

But if I have a 1 year visa why do I have to leave the country before the year is up?

Because you only have a 90 day 'Permission to Stay' on each entry.

Do I ever need to go to immigration at Suan Plu with a 1 year non Immigrant Multi B visa or is maintaining this visa somehow done vicariously through the visa runs?

No and Yes, but not vicariously - it is a completely different process.

What is the difference between the people at the border stamping the visa and the people at Immigration at Suan Plu?

Everything - 'Non Immigrant Visas' allow entry - obtained overseas: 'Extensions of Permission to Stay' allow you to stay longer - obtained within Thailand.

Black and White.

Thank you

After the US Amity company has been formed what documents do I take to Penang?

Check this link http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492 You must have applied for a work permit in Thailand and have the WP3 receipt.

Once I arrive there do I get a 1 year Non Imm B Visa and a work permit?

No you will get a single entry 90 day non immigrant B visa. You show this at Labour on your return and they will process your Work Permit application (normally takes 2 months). Then you can start work!

If not when, how and where do I get the work permit?

See above.

Do I have to get the Non Imm B visa outside of Thailand?

Yes

Does Thailand not grant these in country?

No

Also I would like to understand the order of events that will begin once the US Amity company is formed up to the point where I have a 1 year Non Imm B Multi with a work permit. Do I need to make multiple trips to Penang to get the process started?

You will go to KL just before your first 90 day expires.

But if I have a 1 year visa why do I have to leave the country before the year is up?

Because you only have a 90 day 'Permission to Stay' on each entry.

Do I ever need to go to immigration at Suan Plu with a 1 year non Immigrant Multi B visa or is maintaining this visa somehow done vicariously through the visa runs?

No and Yes, but not vicariously - it is a completely different process.

What is the difference between the people at the border stamping the visa and the people at Immigration at Suan Plu?

Everything - 'Non Immigrant Visas' allow entry - obtained overseas: 'Extensions of Permission to Stay' allow you to stay longer - obtained within Thailand.

Black and White.

Thank you

Great reply thanks again.