Koh Samui Drivers license conversion/New

Have any folks gone through the process of getting a NEW Thai license at Koh Samui?

I have both valid International and a US licenses.

I have all the required documents from Immigration and hospital.

Is the process at the Samui Land Office the streamlined version with minimal paper/movie requirements…or do they make you complete the entire process which includes the written exams and practical exams?

Cheers!

Edited by PumpkinEater
Typo

As above - information is literally everywhere regarding this extremely commonly asked question.

In fact, the question is asked so commonly, there is a pinned thread specifically educated to it. 

If you have all the paperwork ready - you could have already been to DLT in Samui and have your License in hand already.

I read this “thread” but it is from 2019.

As the office just recently underwent a changing of the “boss” I was hoping to hear from someone that tried the process recently.

I was told that there were no more “short cuts” and had to endure the entire gauntlet of tests as if a person had no license at all (International and country licenese).

The question remains please…

Cheers.

10 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

I read this “thread” but it is from 2019.

As the office just recently underwent a changing of the “boss” I was hoping to hear from someone that tried the process recently.

I was told that there were no more “short cuts” and had to endure the entire gauntlet of tests as if a person had no license at all (International and country licenese).

The question remains please…

Cheers.

When I've been in doubt about requirements for a public service in Thaioland, I've visited the office – also Land Transport Office – they are normally kind to help with answers. If something is new, please update in the the pinned thread.

• Agree 1