What Is Currenlty The Fastest Internet Provider In Phuket

Boater

Hi

I am having a nightmare with the internet, and now just want to have the fastest

Can anyone recommend a Internet service provider

Also , anyone tried the Singapore internet people?, as i have seen there billboard a few times

Tx

Hi

I am having a nightmare with the internet, and now just want to have the fastest

Can anyone recommend a Internet service provider

Also , anyone tried the Singapore internet people?, as i have seen there billboard a few times

Tx

In my experience, the Singapore connection (which goes over TOT lines) isn't any faster than what we generally have available.

I would love to be proved wrong, though. If you know anybody who has a Singapore connection, have them drop me a line and we'll get them signed up for the Speed Reporting site.

• 2 weeks later...

sandwich shoppe at laguna has a very fast internet connection but i dont know which is behind?? ( i had a ping on google this morning at 50ms far better than my 250ms with an evdo aircard)

someone knows?

as for a leased line which company do that in phuket ? and an idea of the prices

sandwich shoppe at laguna has a very fast internet connection but i dont know which is behind?? ( i had a ping on google this morning at 50ms far better than my 250ms with an evdo aircard)

someone knows?

as for a leased line which company do that in phuket ? and an idea of the prices

I have also tried the net there, and very good, as my office is near by, but when i sent my admin girl to check what interent they had, and she found out, the internet provider would not lease anymore lines out that where the same as they where to there limit already

But i do here 3G is on its way :o

I'm in Chalong and am more than happy with my TTnT Maxnet line. When i first got it, 2 years ago, i think it was advertised at 1mb ? (its 750 baht a month) but they have put the speed up to an advertised 3mb.

And sometimes it really is pretty fast. I download Apple's Quicktime off Apple's site at speeds of 300kb/s just last week.

Even when it's slow, it's still satisfactory for my typical 'home' use. Just general surfing and emails etc.

Touch wood - it's also been pretty dependable.

I'm happy overall with the service.

At Don's Mall where there is a free hot spot and free internet Cafe, I use Maxnet and CAT leased fibre optic line to Bangkok. They switch automatic to the fastest line. The Maxinet has been running about 80% of the time because it is faster. The CAT line is 23k per month. In Samui I have 2 Maxnet lines and they work fine. Warning, the cheap modems that TT&T use fail frequently.

someone knows?

For the leased line, I use expressdata.co.th. I get 256 kbps for 8000 THB per month, but had to haggle for the price. 256 is actually very usable when its stable, which it always is. I can do netmeetings, VOIP and query databases. However its still like billions of times more expensive than what I pay in Singapore for ten times the badwidth.

For the leased line, I use expressdata.co.th. I get 256 kbps for 8000 THB per month, but had to haggle for the price. 256 is actually very usable when its stable, which it always is. I can do netmeetings, VOIP and query databases. However its still like billions of times more expensive than what I pay in Singapore for ten times the badwidth.

Wow... 8,000 baht. For 1,000 baht I get TT&T Maxnet Indy with very stable 1 megbit, can even get 3.5 megbit some times. Actually it's a stable 3.5 megbit within Thailand, just the international connection bench marks at a stable 1 megbit.

I tried indy and it was awful.. Perhaps worse even than TOTs goldstar.. Must be one of the lucky ones as speeds were up and down for me and the line was also not stable.

Maxnet premier however is pretty much as advertised speedwise.

Edited by LivinLOS

Wow... 8,000 baht. For 1,000 baht I get TT&T Maxnet Indy with very stable 1 megbit, can even get 3.5 megbit some times. Actually it's a stable 3.5 megbit within Thailand, just the international connection bench marks at a stable 1 megbit.

Yes I know. I used to have a good Maxnet line when I lived near Chalong but then when we moved up to Heroines Monument the only provider was TOT. Even the most expensive Business TOT line was like going back ten years to the days of the 30k dial-up system. It was like I was living the land that time forgot. So the only options were move or get a leased line.

I'm posting this from a boat at anchor in Koh Phi Phi, using CAT Telecoms EV-DO service. Up to 3.1 mbps max they guarantee 800kbps.

Uses a Cmotech CCU-680 USB modem. I have been impressed to say the least. Streaming youtube, skype video calling etc from all over Phuket and around Phang Nah and Krabi.

Yesterday Koh Hong Krabi

307299837.png

And just now

308109309.png

And international just now to Washington USA

308110754.png

Singapore

308111761.png

I am a long time customer of TOT Gold Cyber in the south of phuket, but the level of service I have had with this CAT thing far superior an more reliable so far, although I've only had it since last Friday.

The EV-DO set up costs 10990 baht for the modem and 790 per month for unlimited service anywhere in Thailand.

The other thing this unit does is drop down to use cats old CDMA service at 156 kbps when EV-DO isn't available. Only had it do that once when in Koh Hong Phang Nah.

TVU player plays fine as do streaming radio stations from around the world. Only issue is no port forwarding YET....

308384954.png

TT&T line and Maxnet

Yeh, I get that too... to Bangkok !!! Try Seattle and see what you get. Must admit I have managed 3500 kb/s to Seattle on Maxnet, but not all day/every day. More like 1000 kb/s with Maxnet Indy 2000 kb/s package. Don't know why it clocks at 3500 to Bangkok all day/every day, maybe they upgrade free ??

In my area (Kata) Maxnet service since this morning has been terrible for some sites outside Thailand. Hotmail just hanging in, but have not seen BBC sites all day. Benchmark to Seattle up & down all day. Just some sites seems impossible to access since this morning. Anyone any ideas, heard of a breakdown somewhere ??

You can do a tracert to the domains you're trying to reach and you'll see where the delay is.

No idea how to do that ..... idiot proof link please.... thank you .... :o

But no matter, Maxnet seems to be back to normal now at 18.20 today,

Edited by LivinginKata

You can do a tracert to the domains you're trying to reach and you'll see where the delay is.

No idea how to do that ..... idiot proof link please.... thank you .... :o

But no matter, Maxnet seems to be back to normal now at 18.20 today,

Just google traceroute and you'll find what you need.  Plenty of free tools/sites out there.  BTW I had a hel_l of a time the last couple days with my hinet ttt connection stop moving data after 5 minutes.

• 7 months later...
I'm posting this from a boat at anchor in Koh Phi Phi, using CAT Telecoms EV-DO service. Up to 3.1 mbps max they guarantee 800kbps.

Uses a Cmotech CCU-680 USB modem. I have been impressed to say the least. Streaming youtube, skype video calling etc from all over Phuket and around Phang Nah and Krabi.

Yesterday Koh Hong Krabi

307299837.png

And just now

308109309.png

And international just now to Washington USA

308110754.png

Singapore

308111761.png

I am a long time customer of TOT Gold Cyber in the south of phuket, but the level of service I have had with this CAT thing far superior an more reliable so far, although I've only had it since last Friday.

The EV-DO set up costs 10990 baht for the modem and 790 per month for unlimited service anywhere in Thailand.

The other thing this unit does is drop down to use cats old CDMA service at 156 kbps when EV-DO isn't available. Only had it do that once when in Koh Hong Phang Nah.

TVU player plays fine as do streaming radio stations from around the world. Only issue is no port forwarding YET....

Just wondering if anyone has an update on how their CAT EV-DO service is working in Phuket with the 680 Modem? I'm especially interested in how it works with Skype voice and video quality for overseas calls. Also, does anyone use it in the mountain areas above Patong Bay? If so, how is it working?

Also, if you have a Phuket account with CAT, are you able to roam around Thailand and use the service easily? (I know the exclusion is the Hutch service area of Bangkok, Eastern Seaboard and until Chumphon.

308885525.png

Thats the cheapest Maxnet premier.. 2Mbit line..

LOS, Maxnet 2 meg Premium only offer something like 350K upload. I have no idea how you are clocking 695K upload on an international speed test. It does clock 850K up to Bankok. I have never seen that on international speed tests on either of our 2 premium (2M) lines. The 1,874K download is realistic.

Ooppps ... just realised I answered to a 7 month old post. But my comment is still valid today.

Edited by LivinginKata

Supposed to be 2 down 1 up I thought ??

Few months back I complained at local TT&T office (Karon) about Indy 4 Meg upload speed (and stability). Lady there recommended change to Premium 2 Meg down and 1 Meg up. So I changed over, but whilst International down is stable and about 1.8M, the up link never better than 400K, usually about 350K (that's clocked through Seattle). Last time I paid my bills at Karon office I noticed that Premium was only now rated for 512K for 2, 3 & 4 Meg services. All in all, I'm happy with Premium service, it's stable and the connection time (latency) seems faster than Indy. Not bad value for money.