Good French, Italian Or German Bread In Cm?

aquablue

2 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I too would like to try Chouquettes if they have first rate baguettes! Can you be more specific on where it is located. I am not very familiar with that part of town. Thanks!

If you do a search on maps.google.com you can see precisely where it's located. Just use the term "Chouquette Bakery and Cafe"

Of no direct use to you, but this might offer a glimmer of hope.......

Cycling through a nondescript part of nowhere in the back of beyond near Ban Chang and lo and behold...... a tiny little shop selling every type of bread under the sun.....heaven......so there might be hope yet...... keep looking.

30 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I too would like to try Chouquettes if they have first rate baguettes! Can you be more specific on where it is located. I am not very familiar with that part of town. Thanks!

Outside the moat at the north east corner of the moat, turn left towards KamTiang and JJ market but go only about  about 11 meters from the corner and turn left into their shared parking lot.

It is set back with several other shops.

We don't buy bread here - is is so light it might fly off the plate in a stiff breeze, has no bulk nor satisfies hunger.

We instead make our own, a food processor and dough hook  plus scales all we need. We googled a bakery supplies shop, found one in Minburi Market. We bought 4 large loaf tins (350 x 120 x 100 deep), we buy bread flour 300 baht a box of ten x 1 kg bags so half Big C's prices, yeast in packets 50 baht does probably 12 loaves, rolled oats 150 baht for 1kg. My simple recipe is 3 cups of warm water or 1/2 cup water and 3 cups warmed whole milk for softer bread, 1 kg flour, 200 grams rolled oats, 2 tablespoons oil, 4 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon dried yeast, 1 teaspoon salt.

Extra yeast allows for humidity and pressure-  thunderstorms in the offing - when bread simply will not rise properly.

Mix, allow to double in size, knock down knead a little, cut in half, weigh to ensure both pieces the same, shape and place into greased bread tins and glazed with beaten egg. Allow to rise for as long as it takes to get to the top of the tin or higher (at least 1 hour), place into a hot oven, almost full on, for 22-25 minutes, turn out onto a rack. Meanwhile mix another kilo up and prove to knead and put into 2 other tins to rise so once 1st batch baked 2nd ready to go in.

Cost is about 35 baht for everything, and a further 30 baht for the oats (good for cholesterol) so 2 large solid loaves cost just over 30 baht each and I tell you - buttered or toasted to die for! 

15 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

We don't buy bread here - is is so light it might fly off the plate in a stiff breeze, has no bulk nor satisfies hunger.

That description does not apply to Nana Bakery's breads.

45 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

That description does not apply to Nana Bakery's breads.

Possibly not but then we only shopped in Big C or Tesco (now Lotus's). Driving all over Bangkok to us is as attractive as sanding your genitals with an electric grinder - painful and pointless! To both of us nearest and most convenient and cheapest wins hands down over glamour every time. Basics are good! Sitting in traffic for 2 hours trying to find a speciality shop and then hunting for somewhere to park has no appeal.

• Confused 1

Nana Bakery's breads the traditional  french way.

10 locations in CM, you cannot be wrong!
Check Nana bakery on FB

They even have a branch in Udon T

Definitely a reliable address.

Bon appetit.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2008 at 9:21 AM, Allyt said:

Joe Bakery, Fresh German bread, pastries(on demand) cheese, meats and other items, some of which he supplies to places like Rimping.

If you drive down the Canal Rd from Mae Hia & Night Safari area, travel over the Nong Kway junction and straight on for about 4 km's until you reach a large temple on the right side. His bakery which opens Tue - Sun is open 13:00 - 18:00 with fresh bakes on Tuesday & Friday.

Visit Google Maps here ... Please remember to use the scroll & zoom function to see the map in greater detail.

Ally

I agree. I buy all my bread from from Jo and collect it on a Friday. He specializes in german foods and can make special orders given a week's notice. Please note that coming from the north you need to go all the way to the U Turn just beyond the PTT filling station. The road in is immediately beyond the big wat and is easy to miss.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 9:43 PM, Maybole said:

I agree. I buy all my bread from from Jo and collect it on a Friday. He specializes in german foods and can make special orders given a week's notice. Please note that coming from the north you need to go all the way to the U Turn just beyond the PTT filling station. The road in is immediately beyond the big wat and is easy to miss.

Shopping made easy,
and right in that filling station you have a branch of Nana Bakery,

so with one stone, two breads...

I like some of Jo too.

The very best of French and German.

Bon appetit!

On 4/26/2022 at 9:33 AM, puck2 said:

Can anyone give me an information about Jo's bakery

I buy the half loafs of Rye, German, or Pumpernickel at Rimping. Four weeks back no more Jo's bread.  The "Jo's" shelf at Nim City branch has been empty since. This morning, just as mysteriously, there they were. Date on the loafs; May 7. 

On 5/8/2022 at 2:58 PM, LomSak27 said:

I buy the half loafs of Rye, German, or Pumpernickel at Rimping. Four weeks back no more Jo's bread.  The "Jo's" shelf at Nim City branch has been empty since. This morning, just as mysteriously, there they were. Date on the loafs; May 7. 

Jo has been on a holiday what I didn't know ( and of course, I believe he deserves it).

Then after calling him I've got my bread again and enjoying it as ever.