Dinner Tonight...

Niloc

Had a delicious rabbit stew yesterday (cooked by meself :D ), with lots of garlic, onions, herbs, chili, served together with boiled potaoes, and eased down by a SA Kaya Pinotage Cabernet Sauvignon.

The came rabbit came from Makro, and the wine from Tesco. :o

Forunately I cooked for 4, and the wife's only on fish and veggies at the moment, so I'll enjoy the rabbit for a couple more meals :D

Had a delicious rabbit stew yesterday (cooked by meself :D ), with lots of garlic, onions, herbs, chili, served together with boiled potaoes, and eased down by a SA Kaya Pinotage Cabernet Sauvignon.

Forunately I cooked for 4, and the wife's only on fish and veggies at the moment, so I'll enjoy the rabbit for a couple more meals :D

Yum yum!!!!! Before reading this I thought my tossed salad, pasta with italian sausage and Beer Lao was tasty!!! Rabbit, dam_n!!Haven't had any since JC was a pup. Never dreamed you could get it here.

Last night I had one of my favorite Thai foods (in fact, about my only favorite), kaow paht gai (not cowpat guy). I long ago gave up trying to tell them to leave off the two onion pieces or the three delicately carved cucumber slices (do they cut those with pinking shears?). The teensy lime slice comes in nice for a juice on the rice. Kaow paht gai may be boring, but they seldom make a mistake. I washed it down with a refreshing plain glass filled with Coke Light, nam kaeng. Dessert was chocolate chip ice cream laced with choco syrup.

Is it wrong to post my lunch? Whilst listening to Don Henley sing "The Last Resort," I am enjoying Pepsi Max, Doritos Nacho Cheese, and Rockletts with peanuts. Yum.

Sorry, no pictures.

i pasticularly like the scousers dry sense of humour

I pasticularly like this line :o . Pasty, anyone ? Do we need swedes for that ?

I think much caution should be exercised re posting of lunches. Though there was a school headmaster in Australia who lived on the premises & mentioned at a speech night that such items were appearing in his letterbox. He wasn't complaining; just wanted to say he liked the ham & pickle ones best and requested more of those.

Edited by sylviex

Hey bergen, How is that rabbit from Makro? I shop there almost weekly and have seen it many times in the freezer, wanting to get one but always wondering if it would be a waste.

I always loved rabbit. My dad used to raise them in the USA. I was the one that got the chore of going out back taking a 2x4 and whacking them in their pretty heads prior to skinning and cleaning them. Always a mighty tasty treat after they were cooked but for some reason, while eating them, I couldn't get the picture of their pretty little eyes staring at me.

Last night I had one of my favorite Thai foods (in fact, about my only favorite), kaow paht gai (not cowpat guy). I long ago gave up trying to tell them to leave off the two onion pieces or the three delicately carved cucumber slices (do they cut those with pinking shears?). The teensy lime slice comes in nice for a juice on the rice. Kaow paht gai may be boring, but they seldom make a mistake. I washed it down with a refreshing plain glass filled with Coke Light, nam kaeng. Dessert was chocolate chip ice cream laced with choco syrup.

Is it wrong to post my lunch? Whilst listening to Don Henley sing "The Last Resort," I am enjoying Pepsi Max, Doritos Nacho Cheese, and Rockletts with peanuts. Yum.

Sorry, no pictures.

I got a nice dose of the "quick step" & "technocolor yawn" from this at a eatery in the night bizzareo about 3 weeks ago. Knocked me down for around 4 days straight.

I never call it "boring" again.....

post-46099-1217586965_thumb.jpg

The came rabbit came from Makro, and the wine from Tesco. :D

Hey bergen, How is that rabbit from Makro? I shop there almost weekly and have seen it many times in the freezer, wanting to get one but always wondering if it would be a waste.

I always loved rabbit. My dad used to raise them in the USA. I was the one that got the chore of going out back taking a 2x4 and whacking them in their pretty heads prior to skinning and cleaning them. Always a mighty tasty treat after they were cooked but for some reason, while eating them, I couldn't get the picture of their pretty little eyes staring at me.

As I stated earlier......... the rabbit was delicious - tender meat - good taste. :D

Maybe my cooking skills had something to do with the end result ............................................. :o:(

The came rabbit came from Makro, and the wine from Tesco. :D

As I stated earlier......... the rabbit was delicious - tender meat - good taste. :D

Maybe my cooking skills had something to do with the end result ............................................. :o:(

Good then I'll have to pick one up this weekend and try it out. I just was concerned if it was freezer burnt since I don't think Thais eat too much rabbit.

I always liked them when they are fried just until brown in a deep skillet and then make a gravy over it and let it slow cook for about 1-2 hrs.... Ahhh the meat just falls right off the bone.. Some mashed potatoes would be made since there's delicious gravy and possibly some corn on the cob.