Used Stamp On Non B Multiple Entry

hallo,

I got an non imm B, multiple entry form my emabssy back home.

now that I arrived in bangkok the first time, I got a USED stamp on my visa and three month stay.

does that mean that I have only one entry after all. and can stay only 3 month in total and not one year?

what can I do about this mistake?

please advice

thanks

It's not a mistake, just a misunderstanding on your part. Your visa is valid for a year, but you only get stamped in 90 days at a time. Just before your admitted until date expires, you cross the border and reenter for another 90 days until the visa expires. If you reenter just before the visa expiration you will get another 90 day entry.

Edited by beechguy

It's not a mistake, just a misunderstanding on your part. Your visa is valid for a year, but you only get stamped in 90 days at a time. Just before your admitted until date expires, you cross the border and reenter for another 90 days until the visa expires. If you reenter just befoe the visa expiration youy will get another 90 day entry.

Thank you for the quick reply. The thing is that everyone else (who has the same visa) never got that stamp on the first entry. they got it just when the visa expired, which is after one year. So I guess there was made a mistake...

It's not a mistake, just a misunderstanding on your part. Your visa is valid for a year, but you only get stamped in 90 days at a time. Just before your admitted until date expires, you cross the border and reenter for another 90 days until the visa expires. If you reenter just befoe the visa expiration youy will get another 90 day entry.

Thank you for the quick reply. The thing is that everyone else (who has the same visa) never got that stamp on the first entry. they got it just when the visa expired, which is after one year. So I guess there was made a mistake...

If as you say it is a Multi Entry Visa it should not have been stamped Used.

It sounds like a mistake. Go and see Immigration and hopefully they will correct it.

It sounds like a mistake. Go and see Immigration and hopefully they will correct it.

Yeah, I think I will have to do that.

Thanks

Thanks

Yup, agree with Lite Beer, if it is a multi it should not have been stamped.

Immigration will fix for free. Before you go and embarrass yourself, the 'number of entries' field on the visa does say 'multi' or 'm' doesn't it? :o

Thanks

Yup, agree with Lite Beer, if it is a multi it should not have been stamped.

Immigration will fix for free. Before you go and embarrass yourself, the 'number of entries' field on the visa does say 'multi' or 'm' doesn't it? :o

it does say 'm', yes. someone from my company is going to the immigration today to get it fixed.

It's definitely a mistake, but I've always been worried that some moron would stamp 'used' on my multiple as well.

Luckily, it has never happened but I've always wondered if that mistake ever happens.

I guess now you have shown that it does. :o

Good luck in getting it fixed... let us know how it works out.

Cheers.

I've had back-to-back mult entry, non Imm B visas...and never gotten a USED stamp...

After the first one expired based on time, I went to my consulate abroad and got a new visa for the subsequent year... They didn't touch the prior year's visa or change it in any way. Just put the new visa stamp in my passport with the new valid until dates...

When I returned back to Thailand with the new visa..likewise, the immigration folks didn't touch the prior year's visa stamp... They just looked at the latest/current multiple entry stamp, and then stamped my passport and arrival/departure card with the correct 90 day mark.

It certainly sounds like someone goofed... assuming the time remaining on your visa hadn't expired by the time you went thru immigration, and/or it in fact is an M (multiple entry) version...

PS... as a piece of good general advice....

Any time I go thru Thai immigration at the airport, after my arrival business is finished, I stop and carefully check all the new marks and entries in my passport...to make sure everything is what it's supposed to be...

I always figure, if I ever happen to be unlucky enough to be the victim of a goof, it's probably going to be easier to remedy it there on the scene...either with the officer who handled me or with their supervisor... rather than having to take it up later at Suan Phlu or elsewhere... with folks who had no original involvement.

PS... as a piece of good general advice....

Any time I go thru Thai immigration at the airport, after my arrival business is finished, I stop and carefully check all the new marks and entries in my passport...to make sure everything is what it's supposed to be...

I always figure, if I ever happen to be unlucky enough to be the victim of a goof, it's probably going to be easier to remedy it there on the scene...either with the officer who handled me or with their supervisor... rather than having to take it up later at Suan Phlu or elsewhere... with folks who had no original involvement.

Agree with that.

They once goofed on my multiple entry, and gave me 4 months instead of 3!

Instead of 'taking advantage' of their mistake, I figured it could cause a bigger problem eventually when I exited again in the future; so I went back to the airport immigration desk (within 5 min.) and I had them correct it. They even thanked me for bringing it to their attention.

I have two multi-entry visas in my passport, neither has ever been stamped used.

I know on the first visa, my last entry was with about 20 days left until the "Enter before" date...still no stamp.

There are also three single-entry visas, all stamped "USED"

Somchai messed up....get it fixed.

After this I will definitively check every time when I got through immigration.

Well, I went to the immigration to get in changed. they wrote a sentence under the used visa saying: "always to use again" or something like that. I guess I will find out if it worked next time I enter...

Thanks to everyone for the adivce!

After this I will definitively check every time when I got through immigration.

Well, I went to the immigration to get in changed. they wrote a sentence under the used visa saying: "always to use again" or something like that. I guess I will find out if it worked next time I enter...

Thanks to everyone for the adivce!

Good for you.

Let us know on this thread how it goes once you use it again.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...