Moto Gp 2008 Rossi Or Stoner?

Rossi's antics have kept us amused all these years. The guy has a great sense of humour & a great sense of fun.

couldnt agree with you more.....i really loved how he kissed the apex in laguna seca this year....same corner he fell off last year =)

he is a great character....already is a legend in motosport......or just sports all together.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who thinks Rossi will "circulate" at Philip Island? cos he is champ and dont need to try to hard?

My view is that he will go for it and win, mainly because he is who he is and wont want to let the fans down, they want to see a champion at work and im sure they will!!

It was good to see Rossi and Stoner "make-up" after Motegi,

125 10am 250 11.15 Moto Gp 13.00 , Starsports Sun Oct 5th, if this is not right, would somebody correct it please, Cheers, Lickey.

i will put my money on PEDROSA next year...he is due for a title.....

Still sure? i think he could struggle with Dovizioso let alone anybody else, keep that money safe.

yeah.......your right kartman.....he hasnt shined at all this year......but i think a new season is wat he needs....

alot of new great riders coming up this year though.... that we`ll need to keep an eye on next year especially DOVIZIOSO ^.~

Great race thought today......great weather and no pigeons in the way :o:D i`ll post some pics up tomoro.i`m too tired.

And i`ll still tip dani for next year.....i have gut feeling!!

Andy

whoooops for got to congratulate STONER! good on ya mate!

Which must make Honda top brass sick as pigs :D that their 'No1' man dropped it at turn 2, and they had Stoner on a satellite bike in 2006 and since has won and finished 2nd for Ducati in the championship. Must be drinking lots of saki that he slipped away :o .

Yes congrads to Stoner, no pressure once Hayden dropped off the pace, there was some shots on tv of the rise up Lukey Heights but cut off before the riders dissapeared!

I liked Rossis interview, "i see Nicky get bigga and bigga in front, i will try for 2nd, and for sure i go for this, and thanks to Dr Costa for making my neck better..

According to the commentators, Toseland got whacked by a seagull in practice and it seems like Bridgestone is the control tyre next year.

Looking forward to your pics Andy,

Cheers, Lickey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Im still with Rossi, ok, Pedrosa done well in the last race at Motegi, but i think somebody had a "word" with him, & so onto Spain, LOR,PED,STO,ROS, Rossi is where he likes to be, he likes competition,

UBC,64, starts 4pm till 8pm, all 3 races, get the beers in and chill, Cheers, Lickey..

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the 250 race and have to give a BIG CHEER !!!

To Ratthapark Wilairot who got a 250 GP career best result of fifth.

Ok the race was washed out ,but he rode perfectly without crashing.

Well done mate.

Honda Thailand

Edited by soihok

And Marco Melandri on an old Kawasaki.

As for Nicky Hayden,,,well you can see a pattern starting.

Which demonstrates that last/this years Ducati is dedicated to one man............Mr Stoney.

Seems as if he,s the only rider able to ..ride it.

This comes as no suprise as this bike is produced for him to be world champ.

His team(?) mate is of little consequense....this time its Nicky.

Next year we can expect to see MR Hayden on an old Kawasaki..

I think its great to see a come back from Marco......his career almost,almost finished.

Sorry to see the Vale crash which really screwed his race up.

Too bad about the rain. Yeah, congrats to "Fim" for a 5th place finish. Great ride by Lorenzo. Melandri getting better every week- I thought he'd be somewhere behind Hayden all season, but good for him. Nice pass by Pedrosa on the last lap to grab 3rd - that could be valuable points at the end of the year. Not much to say about Rossi's day except a lot of guys would have quit instead of coming in last. He'll shrug it off and win at his hometown track next week.

I would not bet against Rossi to win the championship, but between the 4 of them who knows?

• 2 months later...

Just back from the UK , flying visit to the family there.

My Missus and I went to a very cold and wet Donnington to watch the Moto GP.

Great racing and support for J. Toseland and Vale......

I will be taking my brother in law (Thai) to Sepang at the end of the year to watch it again.....cheers.

Sorry no pics of thr racers but this gives you an idea of how many bikers there.

Not to mention how cold it was.

Roll on Malaysia. Last time I went was 2005 with 990,s.........I rode there on a VMax from Singapore.

post-8817-1249917893_thumb.jpg

Edited by soihok

And again.

It was that cold that my hands went blue............and I was looking at a drive back in a car.

England=good track+ god awuful weather.

She looks bored the little one, but she slept through all the Moto GP race.

She was impressed by the 250,s though.

At this time she was shouting....

VALE...but he had already gone for a hot shower.....what a good move!!!!!!!!!!!

post-8817-1249918497_thumb.jpg

Edited by soihok

• 1 month later...

Good week end of racing at Misano San Marino. The 125 had a huge pile up on the first corner. It was a really class race. But the drama came on the the last corner of the last lap with J Simon's eyes popping with the 2 guys in front of him crashing out and leaving him a clear 200m to the finish!! Iannone took out Espargaro in a stupid move up the inside.He was not a happy guy and a bit of head butting went on.

Three of the Moto GP guys doing the same! De Angelis had a tip off another bike and took out Edwards and Hayden. Hayden flipped as he expected a good result here and went for De Angelis!

A good race for a while between Rossi (who else???), Pedrosa and Lorenzo. But number 46 pulled the pin and left them all. But then it is his home track! The last few laps were boring!

Interesting link here.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/152412/1/...r_15_years.html

Rossi admitting that the 990,s were more exciting to watch.

Have seeing both the 800,s and 990,s race, I can say that the 990,s were a lot louder.

Anyone remember Toni Elias backing his 990 into bends sideways en route to winning the Portuguese GP a few years ago?

Dont see that now do we!!

Dani Pedrosa recently recorded a top speed of 349 kph on factory Honda.

Sideways action was better with the 500cc two strokes, and I,ve seen plenty of these sideways,,,

Take it away Randy

post-8817-1253311117.jpg

Edited by soihok

Super stickies....traction control....engine management.....ABS.......etc.

Are they now in danger of becoming engineers?? The old timers on their cross plys and crummy brakes really knew how to sit astride a bike. Yes....the current guys are trottle gods and having done a good few track days on GP circuits it is absolutely unreal how they get those bikes around the way they do. In Brno for example they are 15-18 seconds a lap quicker than us guys on standard road machines. I'd be lapped every 6 laps and I think I'm quick???? Ok I have 135 BHP and they have 200+....but still!

Well said.

Dont get me wrong, I have a great respect of anyone with talent to be able to live the dream and race in GPs.

Moto GP is the top of the world of circuit racing.

I have an even greater respect for real road racers....e.g. Isle of Man, Ulster Gp etc.

I went to Donnington to the Moto GP this year and will be off to Sepang in October.......cant wait!!!!!