Moto Gp 2008 Rossi Or Stoner?

Estoril Moto Gp.

Stoner back in the fight and forth in practice today.

Toseland is out for next year in Moto Gp and will return to ride on a factory Yamaha in World SuperBike.

A kind of direct replacement for Bens Pies ( mushy peas on order), who will join Colin Edwards in Yam Tech 3.

My brothers went to the same school as James Toseland by the way.

I know his mum,s next door neighbour also.

Edited by soihok

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All gone quiet in this forum, so.

I think Stoner did really well at Estoril, three weeks out, jump back on the bike and get a good result. Well done little bloke with tastey missus.

Lorenzo is on fire ,

Rossi did,nt give his usual crack for the cameras after the race so its obvious he had issues.

Pedrosa came in where you would expect him to.

18 points in it now......its going to be really close.

Aus Moto Gp.....any comments?

• 2 weeks later...

Counting down to this regions Moto GP at Sepang this weekend, I will be there along with my Brother in law, cant wait.

Rossi , could, clinch another world title this weekend if he maintains more than 25 points over Lorenzo , and he has a cushion of 38 now.

Its a shame Lorenzo binned it ( again) at the Aus Moto GP,,saying that I,m looking forward to being at a Moto GP race where there is a strong posibility of both 250 and Moto GP world champions being crowned!

What a sight watching Stoner and Rossi go at it last weekend on TV,, Stoner sliding through turns,,,,great.

Third place Pedrosa was around 20 seconds behind these two.

Cheers

Hi Soihok, dont be to critical mate, im a great follower of Moto GP and have been since the late 60s, its seems that for a long time that no one wants to get into an active dissicussion about possible winners, because Rossi is the best tactician out there, and nobody will bet against him, Perhaps people get fed up of him winning? me for one, I dont, you compare him to Carl Fogarty, who would win and still blame other riders that he could have won by more if they hadnt slipstreamed him,, in comparison, Rossi in 3rd is the happiest man on the podium, hes such a likeable fella, always happy, & Sepang, Lorenzo 1st Rossi 8th Rossis title,,,

You have a good time in Sepang Soihok, when you get back, perhaps we can chat about some of the worlds best older riders, and the best races weve been to,

Cheers, Lickey,,

Cheers Lickey.

Had a great time at Sepang.

As we had got our tickets before we went there was no need to que up to get them , we had seats right next to the start finish line so could see all activity going on there, also there was a big screen above the podium so could see what you would have on the TV.

Randy Mamola giving two up rides on a Desmosedici and playing to the crowd. I have seen Randy race numerous times in the 80,s.

All the starts and podium celebrations and yes you are right.

Rossi the happiest man on the podium, it was the first time I have been to a race to see a world champion being crowned.

Casey Stoner was really flying, it was a bit of a shame that it rained just before the start but the atmosphere there was great.

The speed and sound of the bikes cannot be conveyed to TV viewers.

I was at Donnington this year for the races also ( app.95000 people) , but it was not a patch on the atmosphere at Sepang( app. 60,000 people).

Cheers

Edited by soihok

Hi Soihok,

Sounds like you had a really good time at Sepang, im sorry for the late reply, just getting over a dengue related illness, but the 3 hours or so on TV took away all the pains, seeing Bradley Smith make it to 2nd in the WC, 1st brit rider since Barry Sheene in 1978, was an achievment and definiteley worth a mention, the 250 race was also great, with Aoyama battling for the lead and swapping places, real edge of the seat stuff,

And the Moto GP, Rossi overshooting the first corner,ending up mid-pack, and over-taken by rear grid starter Lorenzo, You know, having watched Rossi over the years, i put this move down to tactical brilliance, he wanted to learn the wet circuit,where his bike would be best,where he could use the power ect & to make sure his tyres would last the distance,I think Stoner was lucky that it rained the whole race,if the sun came out 8 laps from the end, who knows??

Ive never been to a 990/800cc GP, last time was Mick Doohan at Donnington, ive only heard them on TV or youtube, but even they will not surpass the sound of Hailwoods 297/6 Honda or Read,Agostini,Bonera on MV Augustas in the early 70s,and my greatest race, Race of the Year,Mallory Park, Ago V John [moon eyes] Cooper, best series, Transatlantic Trophy,and the Shellsport 500,

Cheers, Lickey,,

Hello Lickey.

The Transatlantic races at Donnington were the first international races I,ld been to in the very early 80,s. Rode there several years on an X7 from Sheffield, it only blew up once on the M1 which is good going for a "messed about with " X7.

I did see Barry Sheene and Kenny Roberts race but they were at the end of their carreers , Freddie Spencer, Randy.

The domination of Fred Merkel on a VF750.

The start of Kevin Swantz,s career, now he was worth watching. Old GSXR750 squirming all over place.

Going back to the present, I think that the 990cc bikes were louder than the 800,s but really ,,,,,who cares.

The bikes and riders get my full respect.

Never been to the Isle of Man for the TT, its a dream and may happen.

Now those guys really put their life on the line.

I met a guy this year in Pattaya. Rob D,Anson who rides a GSXR1000 superbike in the road races in Ireland and Isle of Man.

Big respect....told me he is riding in Macau this year.

Glad you are feeling better.

Nine times a world champion at 30 years old.

Doubt that any one here on the forum can match that.

Big respect to The Doctor.....he has what we dont.

Todays 250cc race , will not only see a new World Champ, but the last 250cc race in the Moto GP series.

Next year it is to be replaced with 600 four srokes.

Rathapark Wiliarot is 4th on the grid.

Come on and show some support,,, or you will miss a piece of Motorcycle racing history.....race is at 18.15 Thai time.

post-8817-1257620006_thumb.jpg

Edited by soihok

Rossi the happiest man on the podium, it was the first time I have been to a race to see a world champion being crowned.

Yeah it was a great day. I didn't realise they crowned him world champ... i guess that explains why the crowd kept chanting his name even though Stoner won :)

I will be back at Sepang next year for sure -- i believe it's the 20th anniversay of the track and also falls on the 10/10/10 so should be a great event.

Here's a couple of pics i took on the day.

PA251066_800x600-1.jpg

PA250884_800x600.jpg

PA250869_800x600.jpg

PA250990_800x600.jpg

Great pics transit......thanks .

I will be really interested to hear the excuse of why Stoner fell off on the warm up lap.

That is Stoner though,,,,,,,sometimes out of sight.

Sometimes really silly.

Great races in the 125 and the last ever 250 battle.

Will Rathapark Wiliarot race next year?