Pattaya International Film Festival?

Jingthing

Pattaya People rag is advocating for a major international film festival to come to Pattaya.

I think that is a great idea in abstract, but there is already a major film festival in Bangkok, so I think it would be better to MOVE that to Pattaya. Bangkok already has a more regional festival, the World Film festival. Do they really need two?

Pattaya People thinks that having such a major international CULTURAL event would change the international image for the better for Pattaya in a very dramatic way. I agree. I think the salvation from sex city for Pattaya can only come with more ARTS and CULTURE. A film festival is but one aspect, but I applaud Pattaya People rag for putting this big idea out on the table.

What do you think about it?

Pattaya People rag is advocating for a major international film festival to come to Pattaya.

I think that is a great idea in abstract, but there is already a major film festival in Bangkok, so I think it would be better to MOVE that to Pattaya. Bangkok already has a more regional festival, the World Film festival. Do they really need two?

Pattaya People thinks that having such a major international CULTURAL event would change the international image for the better for Pattaya in a very dramatic way. I agree. I think the salvation from sex city for Pattaya can only come with more ARTS and CULTURE. A film festival is but one aspect, but I applaud Pattaya People rag for putting this big idea out on the table.

A great idea. Any attempt to bring more Arts and Culture to the city is definitely a good thing!

G

A great idea. Any attempt to bring more Arts and Culture to the city is definitely a good thing!

G

Well it will be nice to have pretentious artsy types invade the city... :o

Will it change the image? Hardly. International film festivals exist elsewhere of course...like Pusan

Korea. What you didn't hear of it? It's been going more than 10 years. My point is it will

take more than a film festival to put something "on the map" or change the image of a city.

I don't think you need to be pretentious or artsy to enjoy films from around the world. You just need to be someone who enjoys movies and wants to experience more than just the mainstream offerings.

I think it's a good idea; maybe spin-off from the Bangkok film festival and have some screenings here.