Retirement In Company House

I am soon to retire to Thailand and live in a house owned by a Company route

Can I include my name on the House book to show I live there and use it for such things as getting a driving licence

Any advice on what I need to do to live 'leagally' in the house and in Thailand as a retiree would be appreciated

Cheers

Can I include my name on the House book to show I live there and use it for such things as getting a driving licence

Any advice on what I need to do to live 'leagally' in the house and in Thailand as a retiree would be appreciated

Cheers

As a foreigner you will not be able to get your name on any house book. However, the mandatory 90 day reporting slip given to your at Immigration will be sufficient for you to obtain a driving licence and buy a vehicle and I managed to open two bank accounts with it with no work permit needed. You will need to register a telephone line and other services, electricity etc, via your company paperwork.

Have you bought the house via the company route yet?? If one of your main concerns is living legally in Thailand, this may not be your best option. If the company is set up just for this purpose - you will end up living in the slightly murky World like the rest of us who have acquired a house using this route.

Cheers

As a foreigner you will not be able to get your name on any house book. However, the mandatory 90 day reporting slip given to your at Immigration will be sufficient for you to obtain a driving licence and buy a vehicle and I managed to open two bank accounts with it with no work permit needed. You will need to register a telephone line and other services, electricity etc, via your company paperwork.

Not quite true, if you are married you can (yellow tabien baan) and also when you have part ownership with your wife

or sole ownership on rented/leased or usefructed land

• 1 month later...

Cheers

Hi,

Yes you can. I did.

Go to the Land Office -with someone who can speak thai- and ask the write your name on the book. Be very smiling and very polite and they'll do !

Anyway for your driving licence, you'll have to get a document from Immigration.

Cheers

Not quite true, if you are married you can (yellow tabien baan) and also when you have part ownership with your wife

or sole ownership on rented/leased or usefructed land

There is no need to be married at all to get the yellow tabian baan.