Royal British Legion Thailand

Basset

Firstly I hope the Mods dont mind me doing a bit of recruiting. The RBL Thailand has been up and running for just over a year now with over 80 members spread around Thailand. We have a good social life meeting every Sunday in Pattaya with other groups active in Chang Mai and Korat, we arrange trips to the Embassy for Remembrance, the River Kwai for ANZAC Day and also Malaysia every June. As well as the social side of things our main aim is the welfare of those who have served, are serving and or their dependants, on our benevolent side we have spent over 100,000 Baht on things from funeral expences, hospital bills, hospital and prison visits and the care of 4 widows here in Thailand, the money used for benevolence comes from the Poppy Appeal in November. Many of our cases are in Bangkok yet we only have 1 member there, so what I am after Ladies and Gents is perhaps a Sub Branch being formed in Bangkok. You need have only 15 members to do this and you do not have to have served in the UK Forces to become a member, here in Pattaya I have many Aussie's and Americans who are members, they may not have served but they support the principles of the Legion. You would have your own meeting place ( Pub), Chairman, Secretary etc. It would be a great help to me and Chalky (our lone ranger in BKK) with regards visits and the Poppy Appeal.

Please PM me should you be interested and I will give you details of our webbsite, I would gladly travel down to help with the formation.

Bert Elson

Secretary

RBL

• 1 month later...

Bert,

I am moving back to Bangkok on the 21st of this month, having just finished my 22 years in the Royal Signals, funny I should come across your post, as two of the few things I am bringing with me are my veterans badge and my medals. I did wonder what happened on 11/11

Here to help in any way I can.

Regards

Lloyd

Firstly I hope the Mods dont mind me doing a bit of recruiting. The RBL Thailand has been up and running for just over a year now with over 80 members spread around Thailand. We have a good social life meeting every Sunday in Pattaya with other groups active in Chang Mai and Korat, we arrange trips to the Embassy for Remembrance, the River Kwai for ANZAC Day and also Malaysia every June. As well as the social side of things our main aim is the welfare of those who have served, are serving and or their dependants, on our benevolent side we have spent over 100,000 Baht on things from funeral expences, hospital bills, hospital and prison visits and the care of 4 widows here in Thailand, the money used for benevolence comes from the Poppy Appeal in November. Many of our cases are in Bangkok yet we only have 1 member there, so what I am after Ladies and Gents is perhaps a Sub Branch being formed in Bangkok. You need have only 15 members to do this and you do not have to have served in the UK Forces to become a member, here in Pattaya I have many Aussie's and Americans who are members, they may not have served but they support the principles of the Legion. You would have your own meeting place ( Pub), Chairman, Secretary etc. It would be a great help to me and Chalky (our lone ranger in BKK) with regards visits and the Poppy Appeal.

Please PM me should you be interested and I will give you details of our webbsite, I would gladly travel down to help with the formation.

Bert Elson

Secretary

RBL

hi,

i am a member of the Legion currently living in Manchester. I am planning to move to Chiang Mia early next year by which time i will be a trained volunteer Case Worker. I once heard there was a branch opening in Chiang Mai and if so i would love to join and help out/work in any way i can - socially as well :o

If not, and if you still need the support in Bangkok then great too. Any info you might be able to give me on their webistes would be great as cant seem to find too much on any branches over there. M

Many thanks

Rach

Bert,

I am moving back to Bangkok on the 21st of this month, having just finished my 22 years in the Royal Signals, funny I should come across your post, as two of the few things I am bringing with me are my veterans badge and my medals. I did wonder what happened on 11/11

Regards

Lloyd

Just a point guys.

I have been here in Bangkok for over a quarter of a century and rarely, if ever, have I found the chance to 'buy' a poppy and thus contribute to the fund. Whilst I realize that my laziness has pervented me from contributing on-line or in another way, shape or form it would be good for those of us wishing to remember the fallen were given a better chance at doing our bit, albeit in a small way.

"Lest we forget"

AjarnP

Bert Elson

Secretary

RBL

hi,

i am a member of the Legion currently living in Manchester. I am planning to move to Chiang Mia early next year by which time i will be a trained volunteer Case Worker. I once heard there was a branch opening in Chiang Mai and if so i would love to join and help out/work in any way i can - socially as well :o

If not, and if you still need the support in Bangkok then great too. Any info you might be able to give me on their webistes would be great as cant seem to find too much on any branches over there. M

Many thanks

Rach

Hi Rach

We have at present 7 members in Chang Mai, once we can hit 15 they will form there own Sub Branch, the contact up there is Pedr ( Welsh for Peter I think! ) who runs the Olde Bell Pub. Being a trained case worker would be a great asset as we only have 1 at present who is also based in Chang Mai, Glenn who runs Croston House Childrens Home. If you PM me I will give you contact details.

Bert

Bert,

Regards

Lloyd

Just a point guys.

I have been here in Bangkok for over a quarter of a century and rarely, if ever, have I found the chance to 'buy' a poppy and thus contribute to the fund. Whilst I realize that my laziness has pervented me from contributing on-line or in another way, shape or form it would be good for those of us wishing to remember the fallen were given a better chance at doing our bit, albeit in a small way.

"Lest we forget"

AjarnP

I hope this year you will be able to contribute Ajarn.Whilst our branch started in Pattaya and raised 121,500 baht during remembrance last year we intend to spread our wings by having Poppy Boxes in many parts of Thailand this year. We cant go out and about but you will find them in many of the Ex Pat bars around Bangkok.

Bert

Bert,

Regards

Lloyd

Just a point guys.

"Lest we forget"

AjarnP

I hope this year you will be able to contribute Ajarn.Whilst our branch started in Pattaya and raised 121,500 baht during remembrance last year we intend to spread our wings by having Poppy Boxes in many parts of Thailand this year. We cant go out and about but you will find them in many of the Ex Pat bars around Bangkok.

Bert

NOW WE'RE COOKIING ON GAS!!! Thanks Bert, I'll be looking for them, not that I ever go to such establishments of course :o

AJARNP