Human And Animal Waste

Dustoff

Now that I have your attention.. :D

Where may I purchase live enzymes? The kind you dump (no pun intended) into a home toilet to keep the processes working in the septic tank.

Decades ago I discovered how effective enzymes were for taking care of the excrement from my many dogs. I would purchase a mid-sized plastic or metal trash can with a removable cover, cut out the bottom, dig an appropriate-sized hole in the corner of my yard and insert the can with the lid barely above the surface so the lid fit nicely. When I put my dog's droppings into the can and sprinkled them with enzymes, they quickly turned to liquid which easily leached into the ground. No muss, no fuss..

I found packets of dry powder for recreational vehicle toilets in RimPing (lots of RV's here?) but am not sure it is what I am looking for which is actual live enzymes.

Thoughts? (other than the lame jokes, of course)... :o

At Aden on the Nemanhemin road they sell something like that. It's a kind of block that you crumble in the toilet.

They also sell bottles with some sort of black liquid that contains anearobic bacteria and bottles with Effective micro-organisms.

Sorry, don't have any of it in the house at the moment, and thus can't be more specific.

It's worth to have a look and a talk overthere. :o

Nienke

I think you can buy EM at Doi Kham as well.

Thanks but I don't get out much (that my wife knows about) and need explicit directions that are the equivalent of a seeing-eye dog.

Doi Kham?

Aden?

Can live enzymes exist in dry form? Are there other lifeforms in the universe? Our waste is seeking answers now!

I think you can buy EM at Doi Kham as well.

Thanks but I don't get out much (that my wife knows about) and need explicit directions that are the equivalent of a seeing-eye dog.

Doi Kham?

Aden?

Can live enzymes exist in dry form? Are there other lifeforms in the universe? Our waste is seeking answers now!

Doi Kham is the Royal Projects vegetable and food store at the NW corner of the Canal Rd and Suthep Rd. I thinnk the EM I saw there was in liquid form. Perhaps that dry stuff you found was yeast, which is often flushed down toilets to get the bacteria active in septic tanks.

Edited by lannarebirth

Doi Kham is the Royal Projects vegetable and food store at the NW corner of the Canal Rd and Suthep Rd. I thinnk the EM I saw there was in liquid form. Perhaps that dry stuff you found was yeast, which is often flushed down toilets to get the bacteria active in septic tanks.

Thanks so much! But, "link not found"...

Whew.. How is it that by the time I respond to a post, it has changed? And sometimes without even a note that it has been edited?

PS - post edited to reflect edits that seemingly do not exist...

Edited by Dustoff

Thanks so much! But, "link not found"...

Whew.. How is it that by the time I respond to a post, it has changed? And sometimes without even a note that it has been edited?

PS - post edited to reflect edits that seemingly do not exist...

Well, I dug around in the "maps of Chiang Mai" section to find a map to aid your search. But when I clicked on the link it didn't work, so i removed the link. apparently not fast enough. Anyway, you kinda know where it is.

Hey Ken,

What you are looking for is 'EX-M'....I think same as EM. Can be had at any ag supply shop. Komtien [behind Tesco super hiway] has numerous small shops that carry it. I can pick you up a bottle at our local ag supply house nr Doi Saket and you could pick it up, like I picked up the ear med from you, glad to return favor.

anyway, you can/should purchase some lite molasas that is now available under the same brand and mix it with the EX-M to activate it. It is used to sweeten the waste from pig and poultry farms and we use it to speed up our compost pile.....wonderful stuff.

If you want me to pick up some for you, PM me your phone # again and we can make arrangements.

JDG

Now that I have your attention.. :D

Where may I purchase live enzymes? The kind you dump (no pun intended) into a home toilet to keep the processes working in the septic tank.

Decades ago I discovered how effective enzymes were for taking care of the excrement from my many dogs. I would purchase a mid-sized plastic or metal trash can with a removable cover, cut out the bottom, dig an appropriate-sized hole in the corner of my yard and insert the can with the lid barely above the surface so the lid fit nicely. When I put my dog's droppings into the can and sprinkled them with enzymes, they quickly turned to liquid which easily leached into the ground. No muss, no fuss..

I found packets of dry powder for recreational vehicle toilets in RimPing (lots of RV's here?) but am not sure it is what I am looking for which is actual live enzymes.

Thoughts? (other than the lame jokes, of course)... :o

I used to do the same sort of thing when I had a couple of dogs. But I used ordinary baking yeast to break down the waste. Much cheaper and seemed to work just as well as the stuff I first began the system with. (Bought from the same outfit that I bought the "Doggie Dooly," 'Cabela's Sporting

Goods. ) I used to put this same yeast into my household septic tank, and never once in 15 years did we have to have that tank pumped out. :D

Aden can be found on the Nemanhemin Road; if you come from the Amari Rincome (on your left) and head towards the Suthep road it's on your right just before the T-section with traffic lights. It has a convenient parking lot in front of the shop.

The black liquid I was talking about can be molasses or something, as I remember it mentioning sugar on the bottle in Thai. The brown block that can be crumbled in the toilet can very well be yeast.

Nienke

I have read about older (Dustoff) people needing fiber (fibre for the tatooed skinhead race) and require metamucil, etc., so as to loosen up a bit. Breaking down these rockhard deposits may be easier if you are to work the "other" end of the process. Kind of a shitty reply butt just trying to help the movement.

Edited by bunta71

I have read about older (Dustoff) people needing fiber (fibre for the tatooed skinhead race) and require metamucil, etc., so as to loosen up a bit. Breaking down these rockhard deposits may be easier if you are to work the "other" end of the process. Kind of a shitty reply butt just trying to help the movement.

I second that motion. :o

Ken,

I buy something from HomePro (the new one next to Big C - CM/Hangdong Rd) that I use for my septic. Don't know exactly what it is but it seems to work okay. (Label is in Thai) It's in a can and its a white powder substance. I place a tablespoon down the toilet about once a week.

Yes, I was just about to suggest HomePro (Carrefour). Go to where the PVC pipe fittings are and its in the next aisle i think. White plastic container with small pellets as I recall. Looks a bit like granola but safer to put them straight down the toilet.