Crackdown On Drug Dealing Expats

george

hello

I,ve been following this. I could,nt quite get you.

I could,nt read the quote by " ourmaninbangers" you attributed to him.

Are you sure he ( she)said this? If so which page.

And I will say- that despite some over strong language he (she) does have some very valid points.

peace...

I have been following this whole thing quite nicely thank you, then the above chimed in to try and annoy the living daylights out of a few.

Please, please, please, do NOT use commas (,) where you should have an apostrophe ('). It just is bad manners to use appalling grammar among a group of highly educated fellows such as ourselves and makes us suspect you may be Dutch, whereamong, grammar is not an issue.

Signed thoughtfully

The Grammar Police

why did I annoy? and who... the hang ,em high bunch who i,ve maybe caused to have a look in the mirror..

I just don,t like this dark ages sort of gut reaction which leads to this sort of inter-argements, which goes on now and has nothing to do with subject at hand- its so banal

do you think its right to have such vague attitude? the hang ,em high bunch may have tradegicly lost someone, that is sad and regreattable, but still just vague, gut reation thinking does,nt lead to enlightened, progressive way forwad at all,

it does,nt belong to now, and does,nt help focus on on the real needs

that the curent drug war is working? it is,nt, and never will if its fought by this sort of back ally mentality

thinking

( aganst cigeretes is working somewhat i think, but not the so called dangerous, illegal ones, no, not at all)

do you think that the people who take bear no responisble- I think a middle road is necesary

the road now, in many place, bar the netherlands, etc, is simple not working at all.. a new approach is needing

getting off ones head was listed as a need by maslow, most people lead incredably dull , boring,lives ( usually the same ones who quickly say " scum" and "hang ,em high", its some form of compensation for their own perceived failure in life)

and so turn to something to up things a bit- who can blame them? working 9-5 ,5 days a week for years on end, married to an overweight who end up with half your money would amke anyone call a dealer 9 a joke!)

it will never stop, so why not consider a middle road- to do by less damage- despite what many think, this is very possible

do you think that all drug dealers are same? that the death penalty works? this si what this thread is about, no?

what do you suggest as a way forward? have you studied this?

I,am interesting in your ideas on this, and anyone else

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello

I,ve been following this. I could,nt quite get you.

I could,nt read the quote by " ourmaninbangers" you attributed to him.

Are you sure he ( she)said this? If so which page.

And I will say- that despite some over strong language he (she) does have some very valid points.

peace...

I have been following this whole thing quite nicely thank you, then the above chimed in to try and annoy the living daylights out of a few.

Please, please, please, do NOT use commas (,) where you should have an apostrophe ('). It just is bad manners to use appalling grammar among a group of highly educated fellows such as ourselves and makes us suspect you may be Dutch, whereamong, grammar is not an issue.

Signed thoughtfully

The Grammar Police

why did I annoy? and who... the hang ,em high bunch who i,ve maybe caused to have a look in the mirror..

I just don,t like this dark ages sort of gut reaction which leads to this sort of inter-argements, which goes on now and has nothing to do with subject at hand- its so banal

do you think its right to have such vague attitude? the hang ,em high bunch may have tradegicly lost someone, that is sad and regreattable, but still just vague, gut reation thinking does,nt lead to enlightened, progressive way forwad at all,

it does,nt belong to now, and does,nt help focus on on the real needs

that the curent drug war is working? it is,nt, and never will if its fought by this sort of back ally mentality

thinking

( aganst cigeretes is working somewhat i think, but not the so called dangerous, illegal ones, no, not at all)

do you think that the people who take bear no responisble- I think a middle road is necesary

the road now, in many place, bar the netherlands, etc, is simple not working at all.. a new approach is needing

getting off ones head was listed as a need by maslow, most people lead incredably dull , boring,lives ( usually the same ones who quickly say " scum" and "hang ,em high", its some form of compensation for their own perceived failure in life)

and so turn to something to up things a bit- who can blame them? working 9-5 ,5 days a week for years on end, married to an overweight who end up with half your money would amke anyone call a dealer 9 a joke!)

it will never stop, so why not consider a middle road- to do by less damage- despite what many think, this is very possible

do you think that all drug dealers are same? that the death penalty works? this si what this thread is about, no?

what do you suggest as a way forward? have you studied this?

I,am interesting in your ideas on this, and anyone else

Sorry, what?

• 3 weeks later...
Here here,

Get rid of the scum !!!

how do you define scum old chap?

Are people who sell alcohol to others in the same boat?

Is hilltribe farmer who knows know better way to feed his family, scum?

Are the legal fag dealers, the ones who target kids, scum?

Yours is the typical base reaction,

You simply cannot class everyone the same way. I might call people who makes simple spelling errors moron,s.

Uneducated, low class fools.

But they,ve probably suffered something in life to prevent them from getting it right.

By the way, you should of been ' hear, hear.

See, we all makes mistakes.

i think that should be;

"You should HAVE been", not "you should OF been"!!

of is the wrong word and has no meaning unless you are illiterate and can't spell, in which case you wouldn't know the difference, as in your case.

funny you made a comment about people who can't spell being morons.. seems you are a moron too!

Apart from that id like to add that i constantly m,ake spelling mistakes as a result of using a keyboard that cost 100 baht and has buttons about half the diameter of my fingertip.. causeing me to hit the wrong buttons... after 30 minutes writing i don't feel like editing the mistakes, so post as is. This means that a spelling mistake doesn't necessarily mean the writer is a moron, as it could be a mechanical slip up and not a mental one.

as to the drug crackdowns.. all talk and no action.. even if they catch someone another will fill his place when he is gone.

Edited by spencerdharmagrafix

To give the BIB some credit on backing up what they say - just a few days ago up here in the northern lands, the BKK police came and took away a Taiwanese business man who has lived here for over 20 years. The official reason was given as 'submitting improper visa application' and there are rumors abound for the other reasons. Did the newspapers do an article on this?

I heard a similar story. I didn't realise he was from Taiwan, had thought he was Yunnanese. I've not seen anything in the newspaper. I also thought it happened more like two weeks ago. I'm trying to find out more now.

Yaba is a typical Northern and Central-African drug, same as marijuana. Morocco is a big producer together with the Sahel countries. It was traditionally used by Bedouin and African tribes against fatigue and hunger. Its very popular and widely used all over Africa. In fact its a part of daily life in Africa.

Woah had to reply to this post, it's very misinformed. I wonder if you know of the British newspaper called the Daily Mail?

1 - I think you're confusing Yaba (a small methamphetamine based pink pill) with Khat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat - Khat being a plant that is popularly and traditionally harvested and used (by chewing the leaves) in African tribes - there's a HUGE difference between the 2 drugs. I'd be very surprised if Yaba was traditionally used by Bedouin tribes - it's a synthesised drug, it comes in pills that users crush up and smoke.

I would add that Khat or Ghat is also widely grown & used in the Yemen (Middle East) , it's a green bush which you strip & chew the leaves from, and it is also legally imported & sold in the UK. The best Ghat is fresh, no more than a couple of days from being picked, and the fierce hill-tribe girls who used to sell it had colourful dresses and pretty naked faces. :D:o

Thailand drug agency poised to bust foreign gangs

Drug agency poised to bust foreign gangs

BANGKOK: -- The anti-drug agency and police are gearing up to dismantle foreign-organised crime syndicates which have been controlling the trade in illicit drugs at some of Thailand's famous tourist destinations for years. Krissana Pol-anand, the secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), said ONCB officials and drug suppression police were very concerned about the drug trade run by foreign businessmen in Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

But not worried by Thais running the drugs trade in those or other areas ?

''The drug trade run by foreign businessmen has been increasing in these areas. We're collecting evidence in order to bring these people to justice as soon as possible,'' said Pol Lt-Gen Krissana.

The ONCB yesterday held a press conference to announce its new drugs suppression policy.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana had been transferred to an inactive post at Government House by the coup-appointed government of former prime minister Gen Surayud Chulanont. He was re-appointed as chief of the ONCB by the Samak administration a few months ago.

Interesting to see the quality of police officer who was moved-sideways, under the evil junta-appointed government, but who is now judged fit to serve again, by the PPP-led coalition.

He said the ONCB and the police were combining forces to keep a close watch on foreign drug traders. He claimed the authorities already had a list of people involved in the illicit business.

He said foreign drug dealers, especially Africans, had run their businesses in the country's tourist destinations for years. Some opened a business office in town as a front to conceal their illegal activities from authorities, while others travelled back and forth between their countries and Thailand.

While some others merely disguised themselves in brown uniforms, and pretended to direct traffic, or carry-out 'crack-downs' on gambling-dens & prostitution.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana also expressed concern over the growing number of Thai women being deceived into marrying foreigners and being used by foreign drug dealers as couriers.

I mean, what other reason might there be, for Thai ladies to marry foreigners, or for foreigners to wish to marry Thai ladies ?

Many had been used as drug couriers, he said. Over the past two years, 82 Thai women had been arrested in China and Australia after carrying heroin from India and Pakistan via Thailand.

''I don't want Thai women to think that marrying foreigners will make their lives better because sometimes they are lured into the drug trade,'' he said.

He said the Interior Ministry had been asked to help in a campaign to educate women in rural areas about these foreign drug dealers' ploys.

He said he had instructed officials to step up suppression of the drugs trade in 22 border districts in nine provinces over the past two months. Officers had found information that large amounts of methamphetamines would flood into the country during this period.

Shock Horror News ! Police suspect that Burmese-produced drugs may enter Thailand via border districts ! This guy definitely deserves a promotion to become a detective. Whoops, Sorry, I see he already just got one ! :o

-- Bangkok Post 2008-08-09

Having said which, I wish the police every success, in their legal efforts to reduce the flow of drugs into the country.

Edited by Ricardo

BANGKOK: -- The anti-drug agency and police are gearing up to dismantle foreign-organised crime syndicates which have been controlling the trade in illicit drugs at some of Thailand's famous tourist destinations for years. Krissana Pol-anand, the secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), said ONCB officials and drug suppression police were very concerned about the drug trade run by foreign businessmen in Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

''The drug trade run by foreign businessmen has been increasing in these areas. We're collecting evidence in order to bring these people to justice as soon as possible,'' said Pol Lt-Gen Krissana.

The ONCB yesterday held a press conference to announce its new drugs suppression policy.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana had been transferred to an inactive post at Government House by the coup-appointed government of former prime minister Gen Surayud Chulanont. He was re-appointed as chief of the ONCB by the Samak administration a few months ago.

Interesting to see the quality of police officer who was moved-sideways, under the evil junta-appointed government, but who is now judged fit to serve again, by the PPP-led coalition.

He said the ONCB and the police were combining forces to keep a close watch on foreign drug traders. He claimed the authorities already had a list of people involved in the illicit business.

He said foreign drug dealers, especially Africans, had run their businesses in the country's tourist destinations for years. Some opened a business office in town as a front to conceal their illegal activities from authorities, while others travelled back and forth between their countries and Thailand.

While some others merely disguised themselves in brown uniforms, and pretended to direct traffic, or carry-out 'crack-downs' on gambling-dens & prostitution.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana also expressed concern over the growing number of Thai women being deceived into marrying foreigners and being used by foreign drug dealers as couriers.

I mean, what other reason might there be, for Thai ladies to marry foreigners, or for foreigners to wish to marry Thai ladies ?

Many had been used as drug couriers, he said. Over the past two years, 82 Thai women had been arrested in China and Australia after carrying heroin from India and Pakistan via Thailand.

''I don't want Thai women to think that marrying foreigners will make their lives better because sometimes they are lured into the drug trade,'' he said.

He said the Interior Ministry had been asked to help in a campaign to educate women in rural areas about these foreign drug dealers' ploys.

He said he had instructed officials to step up suppression of the drugs trade in 22 border districts in nine provinces over the past two months. Officers had found information that large amounts of methamphetamines would flood into the country during this period.

Shock Horror News ! Police suspect that Burmese-produced drugs may enter Thailand via border districts ! This guy definitely deserves a promotion to become a detective. Whoops, Sorry, I see he already just got one ! :o

Having said which, I wish the police every success, in their legal efforts to reduce the flow of drugs into the country.

Who was it that posed the question ""What makes you think Thailand is unfriendly toward foriegners " , looks pretty obvious here , you are blamed for all the woes of the country , friendly huh ?

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana had been transferred to an inactive post at Government House by the coup-appointed government of former prime minister Gen Surayudblame Chulanont. He was re-appointed as chief of the ONCB by the Samak administration a few months ago.

Who was it that posed the question ""What makes you think Thailand is unfriendly toward foriegners " , looks pretty obvious here , you are blamed for all the woes of the country , friendly huh ?

Isn't that great...after years of selling drugs they have finally decided to "stop" them. Good that they ran a big ad in the local papers to let them know they are coming after them.

yes good one. Using iPhone so hard to keep up with you all on computers.

Yaba is nickname I've heard for the pills the guy referred to. Yes you probably got it corect

Isn't that great...after years of selling drugs they have finally decided to "stop" them. Good that they ran a big ad in the local papers to let them know they are coming after them.

yes good one. Using iPhone so hard to keep up with you all on computers.

Yaba is nickname I've heard for the pills the guy referred to. Yes you probably got it corect

Assests and the like, that's the POB

....Pol Lt-Gen Krissana had been transferred to an inactive post at Government House by the coup-appointed government of former prime minister Gen Surayud Chulanont. He was re-appointed as chief of the ONCB by the Samak administration a few months ago.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana also expressed concern over the growing number of Thai women being deceived into marrying foreigners and being used by foreign drug dealers as couriers.-- Bangkok Post 2008-08-09

thank you 'george' for providing these news. my friends and i have a few questions about it:

1. was there any reason given for krissana being transferred from his previous post?

2. was there any reason given for krissana being re-appointed to his old post?

3. are there any numbers available as to how many thai women are deceived into marrying foreigners compared to how many foreigners are deceived into marrying thai women? or is this all empty twaddle?

4. are there numbers available how many drug dealers are foreign and how many are native? or just xenophobia?

maybe you, but not me and my friends! we still feel welcome in thailand and live in peace with 99,9% of the thais.......

Of course, the farang are the fountain from which all wrong in Thailand springs.

Of course the farang makes life worse for Thai women.

Of course the farang.

Thai people are complete without any wrong.

The farang brought everything that is wrong into this country. Really?

Or is it that too many Thai women see the merits of getting married to a farang?

Why should that be? I have no idea!

However, at least 4 times a day I am asked by Thai women and girls, single and married, can I please find them a farang man?

Why should that be?

Maybe because they see that most foreigners married to Thai women in the provinces are trying to do their best, are loyal, take care of the woman, children and the family?

Drug dealers, Thai or otherwise, should be dealt with due diligence, and in full compliance with the law.

However, pointing a finger at a group of people because of race, is unfair or maybe even a little stupid.

The same level of stupidity as the general feeling in Europe that all Thai women are prostitutes, stealing money from their farang husbands, and only into the marriage for the money.

It certainly happens, like farang drugdealers, but it is not general.

I am sorry to read those words from this police officer.

And even it should be the truth, it is very unhandy to tell the culprits beforehand that they will be targets.

This crackdown should come as a little surprise. For the Thai and farang criminals.

i have not much to add, because you are perfectly right, just your sensitive post about this matter should not be forgotten quickly and deserves a repetition....