Where Am I?

Niloc

I just bought a house in Chiang Mai, all I know is that coming from Pai, I turn left on the corner where the jail is and it is on an estate called 'Chiang Mai Garden Land'.

I have a couple of maps but I simply cannot find either the jail or the estate!!

Any help appreciated!!

Colin

Edit, turn left not right...

Edited by Niloc

You bought a house and you can not find it?

You can not be serious. I think you are just trying to top the guy that did not know what to do when he left his lights on and ran down his battery. Great contest for the fool of the month, many entries and a real close race down to the wire in August. Stay tuned.

I have the brochure but it is all in Thai, I can see the Ping River and a couple of roads but I can't relate anything to the map I have, one of the first things I am going to do is enrol in Thai reading course!!

You bought a house and you can not find it?

You can not be serious. I think you are just trying to top the guy that did not know what to do when he left his lights on and ran down his battery. Great contest for the fool of the month, many entries and a real close race down to the wire in August. Stay tuned.

Beleive me i cant stop laughing :o:D:D:D:D:(:D:P:burp:

You mean, you bought a house based on what you read on a brochure ? :o It means you've actually never seen the house ? It it's really the case, well I still can't believe it and it's really not wise... Nevertheless, I hope you'll like the place and CM :D

Well I am glad my problem is generating so much humour, do you always find it hilarious when someone gets lost!!

Thanks cmsally, where is meechok plaza, I know where Tha Pai gate is and Chiang Mai gate is but which direction from there??

Well I am glad my problem is generating so much humour, do you always find it hilarious when someone gets lost!!

Thanks cmsally, where is meechok plaza, I know where Tha Pai gate is and Chiang Mai gate is but which direction from there??

Sory Niloc but you did leave yourself wide open, however with so many previous postings behind you i thought it was a wind up,

Good luck in finding the house you bought :D:o

I just bought a house in Chiang Mai, all I know is that coming from Pai, I turn left on the corner where the jail is and it is on an estate called 'Chiang Mai Garden Land'.

I have a couple of maps but I simply cannot find either the jail or the estate!!

Any help appreciated!!

Colin

Edit, turn left not right...

Where are you? :o

Away with the fairies. :D

Meechok Plaza is on the Chiang Mai-Mae Jo Road. (It has the big Rimping store.) Get to the Meechok intersection (coming from Chiang Mai), turn right. I think it is before or near the back entrance to Laguna and before Pimuk.

Just to make sure I haven't sent you on a wild goose chase I just checked on jasminehomes who conveniently have google maps.

If you search listings, there are Chiang Mai Garden Land properties and looks to be approx. where I described. Choose a property and check its google map.

I suspected Mr HUNT was a bit of a prick, looks like I am correct! Probably a Pom too...

Thanks Issanpaul, you are a cry of hope in the wilderness.

Gary A also sent me a map but I suspect it is the wrong prison.... are there two prisons in CM??

I just bought a house in Chiang Mai, all I know is that coming from Pai, I turn left on the corner where the jail is and it is on an estate called 'Chiang Mai Garden Land'. I have a couple of maps but I simply cannot find either the jail or the estate!!

Any help appreciated!!

my dog came back from a morning walk and buried something in the back garden. it was something quite big! :o

I have the brochure but it is all in Thai, I can see the Ping River and a couple of roads but I can't relate anything to the map I have, one of the first things I am going to do is enrol in Thai reading course!!

Holly <removed>!! Why don't you just show the brochure to someone who can read it and also explain it to you in English? If you do not know anybody that can do that, drive into Chiang Mai and go to the first large nice looking hotel you see and the reception can help you. Or try the tourist police office. If you bought a house you must know somebody who can read Thai and explain in English......oh sh_t, maybe you don't.

Congratulations, you are clearly at the head of the pack, keep up the good work and you just may be this month's winner.

I suspected Mr HUNT was a bit of a prick, looks like I am correct! Probably a Pom too...

Gary A also sent me a map but I suspect it is the wrong prison.... are there two prisons in CM??

Correct on both points.

I offer some useful info occasionally, but on the whole I'm here to take amusement from the unbelievable things that some expats get up to, and marvel at the information that some people want to share with the world.

see

'It's raining'

'What I am eating for dinner'

'I left my lights on......"

'I spent Friday night buying a good shovel'

Then you came along.

I assumed that you were attempting to liven things up with an amusing piss-take, and if that is the case - well done some have fallen for it.

The last line line was the give away, though. I'm so stupid I don't even know left from right. Over the top.

If that isn't the case? :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

Holly <removed>!! Why don't you just show the brochure to someone who can read it and also explain it to you in English? If you do not know anybody that can do that, drive into Chiang Mai and go to the first large nice looking hotel you see and the reception can help you. Or try the tourist police office. If you bought a house you must know somebody who can read Thai and explain in English......oh sh_t, maybe you don't.

Congratulations, you are clearly at the head of the pack, keep up the good work and you just may be this month's winner.

He'll sh1t it in. :o

Thank you Wandering, it is the prison on the MaeRim road I want. Problem is my map does not show that either.

Thank you too Bill97 for your perceptive suggestions but I am three hours out of Chiang Mai. My wife can read Thai but she cannot make head nor tail of it either.

Tomorrow we will collect our guide and follow the route on the map if we can...

It is a shame there are so many dickheads on TV, spoils the idea of a forum a bit but small things amuse small minds I suppose.

Correct on both points.

I offer some useful info occasionally, but on the whole I'm here to take amusement from the unbelievable things that some expats get up to, and marvel at the information that some people want to share with the world.

see

'It's raining'

'What I am eating for dinner'

'I left my lights on......"

'I spent Friday night buying a good shovel'

Then you came along.

I assumed that you were attempting to liven things up with an amusing piss-take, and if that is the case - well done some have fallen for it.

The last line line was the give away, though. I'm so stupid I don't even know left from right. Over the top.

If that isn't the case? :o

This was my initial thought also :D Am waiting for some member to post house for sale in classified section :D:D:D

Thank you Wandering, it is the prison on the MaeRim road I want. Problem is my map does not show that either.

Thank you too Bill97 for your perceptive suggestions but I am three hours out of Chiang Mai. My wife can read Thai but she cannot make head nor tail of it either.

Tomorrow we will collect our guide and follow the route on the map if we can...

It is a shame there are so many dickheads on TV, spoils the idea of a forum a bit but small things amuse small minds I suppose.

She can't tell her head from her tail, and you're not too sure about this left-right thing?

Keep it up - this is hilarious. :o

Come out of Pai on the main road heading east. Folllw this road, it goes bends and twists a bit but stay on the road until you reach Hwy 107. Turn left. Follow 107 until you reach Mae Rim and pick up the signs to City Hall. The prison is on the left opposite City Hall. Then follow your map from the prison.

Alternatively you could carry straight on from the prison until you rechthe moat. Follow the outside of the moat around until just before you get to the outside south west corner

Turn into the building there and tell them you have lost your house. I am sure they will assist you with care and compassion.

Come out of Pai on the main road heading east. Folllw this road, it goes bends and twists a bit but stay on the road until you reach Hwy 107. Turn left. Follow 107 until you reach Mae Rim and pick up the signs to City Hall. The prison is on the left opposite City Hall. Then follow your map from the prison.

Alternatively you could carry straight on from the prison until you rechthe moat. Follow the outside of the moat around until just before you get to the outside south west corner

Turn into the building there and tell them you have lost your house. I am sure they will assist you with care and compassion.

And the building is ?

The Pschiatric Hospital? :D

You're being a bit harsh on the guy. :D

Be fair, you've probably done the same thing.

In fact, who hasn't, at some point in their life, bought a house and not known where it was?

Easily done.

Put your hands up. And stop sniggering at the back. :o

Turn left into the building....

Yes that is the place where many posters clearly will gather and where they will have the month end award ceremonies.