Blood Test And Physical

hendrix

I get an annual physical and blood test when I see my doc in my country. Where can I have this done locally? How to make an appointment and what is the total cost? I see clinics around town offering this service but I want to be confident in the results. Is a hospital any different than a clinic?

If you live here you have several choices based on your financial situation.

You can go for the gold and register at Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya and get treated like royalty at a price.

You can go to Pattaya International off second road soi 4 and they will take care of you properly.

You can travel to Sriracha and visit Phyathai Hospital and they do a bang up job.

And if you want to use the cheapest but also effective for blood work and check ups go to Sattahip and Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital,,,,,the cheapest by far but for basic stuff its good enough you just need to take a book as the waits can be long. Also best to go early in the AM as this is a government run facility and it can get crowded. I use this for my needs. But then I live 10 minutes away.

Thank you for the replies. I will likely go to Pats Int'l as I have all my history there and they have always proven fair and competent.

So what's the whole shabang going to run me and may I drop in anytime?

I think International is ok but Phyathai in Sriatcha usually has promotions and the person to contact is Gavin Waddell who will tell you the cost. The cost in Sirikit is 700 baht for a check up or was when I last went the clinic in Naklua the one I had a full blood test was 500 baht. Depending on the range of tests you choose the cost in a hospital will be a few thousand.

If you want contact details for Gavin let me know.

Kevin

I just had a visit to Int'l as I'm suffering a migraine. As it was rather empty at 6am, I opted for blood tests and a checkup. First they offered me various gold, silver, and executive checkup packages but I'm most interested in checking my cholesterol levels and a standard HIV test so I declined. Those tests were about 2000-3000 baht + 1000 for the Dr. I was prescribed 2 meds for my headache and spoke with the doctor for 15 minutes.

Costs (approx)

Drugs-200

Nursing-200

Dr-600

Lab/Pathology-1800

total 2800

I just had a visit to Int'l as I'm suffering a migraine. As it was rather empty at 6am, I opted for blood tests and a checkup. First they offered me various gold, silver, and executive checkup packages but I'm most interested in checking my cholesterol levels and a standard HIV test so I declined. Those tests were about 2000-3000 baht + 1000 for the Dr. I was prescribed 2 meds for my headache and spoke with the doctor for 15 minutes.

Costs (approx)

Drugs-200

Nursing-200

Dr-600

Lab/Pathology-1800

total 2800

The clinic will do a blood test for 500 baht includes cholesterol kidney urine so it very good for the hiv e-mail him and check 1.If he does it. 2 How much?. So you dont even have to go there.

I and many of my falang friends have been and I here no complaints and many have been several times me included.

Kevin

• 6 months later...
If you live here you have several choices based on your financial situation.

You can go for the gold and register at Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya and get treated like royalty at a price.

You can go to Pattaya International off second road soi 4 and they will take care of you properly.

You can travel to Sriracha and visit Phyathai Hospital and they do a bang up job.

And if you want to use the cheapest but also effective for blood work and check ups go to Sattahip and Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital,,,,,the cheapest by far but for basic stuff its good enough you just need to take a book as the waits can be long. Also best to go early in the AM as this is a government run facility and it can get crowded. I use this for my needs. But then I live 10 minutes away.

thanks for the info, always solid in this forum.

anyone know of costs???

thanks

Thank you for the replies. I will likely go to Pats Int'l as I have all my history there and they have always proven fair and competent.

So what's the whole shabang going to run me and may I drop in anytime?

I think International is ok but Phyathai in Sriatcha usually has promotions and the person to contact is Gavin Waddell who will tell you the cost. The cost in Sirikit is 700 baht for a check up or was when I last went the clinic in Naklua the one I had a full blood test was 500 baht. Depending on the range of tests you choose the cost in a hospital will be a few thousand.

If you want contact details for Gavin let me know.

Kevin

i dont see his info in the thread so will pm and get it from you. thanks

I just went for my regular blood test at Queen Sirikit yesterday.

Blood work for total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Tryglicerides, Creatine cost 350 baht and the doctor/nursing charge 200 baht plus my prescription of pills for 3 months about 1000 baht (4 different pills) for blood pressure and choleterol.

Got there at 0730 and drew blood, waited 2 hours for the results and saw the doc about 1030 and got the pills and home before lunch.

They have a nice new caffeteria and 3 or 4 places to sit and have a coffee and read a book.

Good deal

Blood work for total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Tryglicerides, Creatine cost 350 baht and the doctor/nursing charge 200 baht plus my prescription of pills for 3 months about 1000 baht (4 different pills) for blood pressure and choleterol.

Got there at 0730 and drew blood, waited 2 hours for the results and saw the doc about 1030 and got the pills and home before lunch.

They have a nice new caffeteria and 3 or 4 places to sit and have a coffee and read a book.

Good deal

good, i believe i will try PATTAYA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL as they are closer

Major Hospital might be your best bet, cost a little more, and in most case the testing is carried out in that Hospital, rather than have to be sent from Clinic to Hosptial, ie, cut out the middle man better the chance of no delay in getting the result.

Major Hospital might be your best bet, cost a little more, and in most case the testing is carried out in that Hospital, rather than have to be sent from Clinic to Hosptial, ie, cut out the middle man better the chance of no delay in getting the result.

not able to find this hospital you noted above, any help as i have looked and found nothing on Major hospital?

Good deal

my visit went well at PATTAYA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

Older men (50+) should have a PSA blood test, a base line colonoscopy, and a cardiac stress test and cardiac doppler echo.

The PSA is to detect prostate cancer, the colonoscopy for colon cancer, and the cardiac stress test will detect major heart problems.

The PSA should be done yearly the other tests depend on your health history.

A long and healthy life to all!

Older men (50+) should have a PSA blood test, a base line colonoscopy, and a cardiac stress test and cardiac doppler echo.

The PSA is to detect prostate cancer, the colonoscopy for colon cancer, and the cardiac stress test will detect major heart problems.

The PSA should be done yearly the other tests depend on your health history.

A long and healthy life to all!

cost is factor to me, have you knowledge of the less expensive hospitals in pattaya for testing?

• 2 years later...

I tried to find the Pattaya Clinic Laboratory in Naklua but spent about an hour going up and down both sides near the lights at the North end and couldn't find it lol

can someone give me good directions to this clinic.....cheers

Bangkok Pattaya is having their annual sale on checkups. I usually wait until that time as you get a very thorough checkup for about 10,000 baht. They have 4 packages to choose from:

http://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/ebph/ebph.php

It is the only time I set foot in BPH as they are a rip off otherwise. You can purchase anytime in December and use by February.

Bangkok Pattaya is having their annual sale on checkups. I usually wait until that time as you get a very thorough checkup for about 10,000 baht. They have 4 packages to choose from:

http://www.bangkokpa...m/ebph/ebph.php

It is the only time I set foot in BPH as they are a rip off otherwise. You can purchase anytime in December and use by February.

Bangkok Hospital looks pretty good but that Docter Iain puts me off a bit.

Anyway, as a benchmark, I had a blood test for about 10 items (CHO, TRI, white blood cell groups etc), a Hep B vaccination and a quick medical check-up for about 3000 baht about 2 weeks ago at PIH.

First time I'd been in a hospital in Pattaya and it was fine; its in a very nice location. Some of the nurses were a little flirty which was a bit odd - GB NHS service dosn't prepare you for that. Plus she was about to stick a needle in my vein and I wanted her to concentrate on that :blink:

http://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/ebph/ebph.php

Wow...that's a good sale!

I've used these guys before, as have some of my friends. It was 500B for the complete blood workup. They are on 3rd road before you get to the overpass with Thappraya.

http://lifecare.siam2web.com/

http://www.bangkokpa...m/ebph/ebph.php

Wow...that's a good sale!

I've used these guys before, as have some of my friends. It was 500B for the complete blood workup. They are on 3rd road before you get to the overpass with Thappraya.

http://lifecare.siam2web.com/

I got the exam last year at Bangkok Pattaya, the one that was about $US 100. An EKG and chest X-ray were performed in addition to the usual liver function/blood tests. Final consult and nice written report at the end, took most of the morning.

Good value, I think, compared to the US.

As an aside, do not rely on a PSA. Only an digital exam by your GP/Internist can screen for prostate problems. Uncomfortable, but essential if it runs in your family.

As an aside, do not rely on a PSA. Only an digital exam by your GP/Internist can screen for prostate problems. Uncomfortable, but essential if it runs in your family.

Ugh...a digital exam is no fun for sure! Had it done many years ago and I almost passed out! but it does run in the family, so better do it. :(

I have been doing the BPH annual medical 'specials' for about 5 years now. It's great to have a consistent medical checkup history and see how you are doing with cholesterol and the like. Good value too.

Regards the fallibility of the PSA test; it is not essential to have the 'fudgy finger' test as they also use ultrasound to measure your prostate size. So if PSA is elevated AND it looks enlarged on the ultrasound, THEN it's time to "relax, lie on your side with your knees drawn up to your chest....".

If for some reason the very thought of the traditional test makes your bum clench, maybe enlist the help of one of Pattaya's many, many back door street masseuses for a trial run beforehand?

My doctor was surprised about my lack of reaction to " knees to the chin" jobby. He nearly fell over when I suggested it was because of good old fashioned public school dorm activities as a Boarder (no tv's allowed in those days), so how else could we get our kicks?

I have been doing the BPH annual medical 'specials' for about 5 years now. It's great to have a consistent medical checkup history and see how you are doing with cholesterol and the like. Good value too.

Regards the fallibility of the PSA test; it is not essential to have the 'fudgy finger' test as they also use ultrasound to measure your prostate size. So if PSA is elevated AND it looks enlarged on the ultrasound, THEN it's time to "relax, lie on your side with your knees drawn up to your chest....".

If for some reason the very thought of the traditional test makes your bum clench, maybe enlist the help of one of Pattaya's many, many back door street masseuses for a trial run beforehand?

• 1 month later...

I do PSA yearly and the values are near-zero but as you said, nearing 50 I really should pull myself together and do this one. Any recommendation for a GP with small hands? ermm.gif

Where's the best place to go - in or near Pattaya - to get a complete medical checkup for myself (farang) and my thai girlfriend and her daughter?

If you have money to burn BPH is the luxury option.

Personally I use Pattaya Lab in Naklua. Most tests are around 100-300 baht each. Rarely any queue. Nice and friendly Thai lab guy who speaks passable English and has no problems dealing with farangs. Tests in the morning and you get the lab results in a professional PDF file by email by the afternoon.

The clinic will do a blood test for 500 baht includes cholesterol kidney urine so it very good for the hiv e-mail him and check 1.If he does it. 2 How much?. So you dont even have to go there.

I and many of my falang friends have been and I here no complaints and many have been several times me included.

Kevin

I use Pattaya Lab - fantastic service with best prices in town.

FBS, Lipid profile (cholesterol, LDL, HDL etc), Kidney function, Liver function and CBC - 700 baht. He'll add in a urine test at no extra cost.

Note that this price does not include GGT (liver function). If you require that (people who drink alcohol) add 200 baht.

HbA1c - 300 baht

PSA - 800 baht

Testosterone - 600 baht

Estradiol - 600 baht

CBC alone - 100 baht

This is just a small sample of available tests.

Don't forget the free blood pressure test while you're there.

The guy is very intelligent, speaks English and is happy to discuss the results with you.

Edited by tropo