Trains To Stop Nationwide As SRT Unionists Join Protest

george

diehard60: Could you explain your post. You may be right--I am apparently dumber than dirt because I don't have a clue what your talking about.

Show me someone who pretends to know of a 'higher power' behind PAD and that is surely someone who knows nothing about what is going on.

You are either extremely ill informed and/or naive or you have forgotten to insert a negative somewhere in your post.I am being charitable so will assume the latter.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Thailand's trains resume service in north, northeast

BANGKOK: -- Almost all of Thailand's northern and northeastern railway services resumed on Tuesday, while southern line trains remain suspended.

Few passengers made use of the trains, as most would-be travellers were not confident of the situation amid reports that state enterprise labour unions planned to go on strike on Wednesday.

However, in the southern provinces, State Railways of Thailand (SRT) train services have been shut down and remain idle.

People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) demonstrators have gathered at Hat Yai railway station in the southern province of Songkhla, and have issued a statement that they didn't agree with the the state of emergency declared after a clash between pro-government

demonstrators and the anti-government PAD protesters in Bangkok late Monday night.

Meanwhile, Nathakorn Kaewdee, head of the State Enterprise Labour Unions Federation, warned his fellow state enterprise employees who plan to go out on strike that they may offend the law and are liable to punishment of up to a year in prison and fine of up to Bt20,000 baht.

Under the law instigators of violence may face doubled punishment, and offenders may be deprived of their employment in state enterprises, he added.

-- TNA 2008-09-02

Hrmmmm I smell irony here ...

The Peoples Alliance for Democracy is causing civil unrest and protesting against a Democratically elected government.

Just today the EC found that PPP (as most of the partners) were NOT democratically elected, so forget about...