Arabs Buy Man City Off Thaksin

StevieH

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mmmmmm now what? still cant beleive we nicked 3 points at spurs then go down to city at home :o:D:D

You can't believe it??? How long have you been following Sunderland? Five minutes??? :(

Sunderland are as predictable as night and day. Always ready to let us down when our hopes are raised. Nothing new in that.

Never mind ... George McCartney is on his way back to Sunderland today. New defence for the next game. Chimbonda or Bardsley, Nosworthy or Collins, Ferdinand and McCartney

Surely Lennon and McCartney.....! :D

Think Bramble has been spotted in the North East as well. :D

redrus

Unconfirmed reports have said that Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been spotted picking up the Bulgarian from Manchester Airport.

redrus

Just heard on the news that Berbatov was off for a medical at City where he was given permission for talks, but went straight to the United training ground for talks with Ferguson who hasn't been given permission.

Maybe just scuttlebutt but surely sanctions should be imposed, if true? Relegation to the conference says I :o

During all the excitement over the last day or so regarding Thaksin selling Man City, suprising transfers and rumours of the EPL 'Sack Race" has anyone seen our moderator the member with the mullet under his mini-tartan.

We're worried about you J.S. come back all is forgiven. :o

During all the excitement over the last day or so regarding Thaksin selling Man City, suprising transfers and rumours of the EPL 'Sack Race" has anyone seen our moderator the member with the mullet under his mini-tartan.

We're worried about you J.S. come back all is forgiven. :o

Maybe he got yellow-carded like me for disagreeing with certain 'powers' on here.

Berbatov signed for United.................but we got Robinho :o

I can't believe this is happening. Ecstatic is the only word i can think of at the moment. Back later when i've calmed down and had a coffee and a ciggie. :D

it's bewildering. my dad is a city fan of a certain age and he's gobsmacked by it. 18 months ago if you'd told a city fan they'd be lining up with likes of jo, elano and robinho in the side they'd have laughed in your face.

wonder if the rumblings of this buy-out were what convinced mark hughes to hang about?

After watching City's last two games, yesterday I was telling a mate of mine in the morning that they are my dark horse for the year to finish top 4 or 5.

After what transpired yesterday and looking at Liverpool's injuries / recent performances, I think top 3 or 4 is a possibility if Hughes can get them all on the same page.

Berbatov signed for United.................but we got Robinho :D

I can't believe this is happening. Ecstatic is the only word i can think of at the moment. Back later when i've calmed down and had a coffee and a ciggie. :D

it's bewildering. my dad is a city fan of a certain age and he's gobsmacked by it. 18 months ago if you'd told a city fan they'd be lining up with likes of jo, elano and robinho in the side they'd have laughed in your face.

wonder if the rumblings of this buy-out were what convinced mark hughes to hang about?

Could well be. We will never know what fully goes on behind closed doors.

Also, if your dad is a city fan. Why aren't you Stevie? Any child of mine would be dis-owned....especially if he/she supported our beloved :o brothers who wear red :D

Berbatov signed for United.................but we got Robinho :D

Also, if your dad is a city fan. Why aren't you Stevie? Any child of mine would be dis-owned....especially if he/she supported our beloved :o brothers who wear red :D

Because Stevie has class , I think :D

Man City ... the new Chelski.

Apparently, these guys make Abramovich look like he's on minimum wage :D

From what I understand (unconfirmed source :o )

Thaksin bought Mancity on 'borrowed' money, with the expectation of being able to get his hands on his own assets after the elections in Thailand last year.

However, with recent developments (court case against him going ahead, his wife trialed and given jail sentence), he clearly cant get those funds anymore

hence the sell 'back' to the people he borrowed money from

(do not quote me on this) :D

but makes sense, cos Thaksin has VERY good ties with lots of businesses in the middle east (I understand he was made advisor to the king of Qatar? business advisor to be more exact.....)

Man City ... the new Chelski.

Apparently, these guys make Abramovich look like he's on minimum wage :D

From what I understand (unconfirmed source :D )

Thaksin bought Mancity on 'borrowed' money, with the expectation of being able to get his hands on his own assets after the elections in Thailand last year.

However, with recent developments (court case against him going ahead, his wife trialed and given jail sentence), he clearly cant get those funds anymore

hence the sell 'back' to the people he borrowed money from

(do not quote me on this) :D

but makes sense, cos Thaksin has VERY good ties with lots of businesses in the middle east (I understand he was made advisor to the king of Qatar? business advisor to be more exact.....)

So what you are saying Migs is that Manchester City has been repossessed ? :D

Thaksin should have been "kneecapped" if he welched on his loan... :o

I suspect he musta proposed the loan as some kind of business partnership :o

something like....gimme the money to buy them and we (ManCity) will come into middle east and do such and such

and maybe some sort of reciprocal sponsorship deals, exposure to European market, etc etc

plus, ofcourse you get the usual interest on your money :D

i'm a gloryhunter mrbj, was born in '74 in the north-west so am naturally a woolyback red. :D besides which, the old man did disown me, why d'you think i'm in thailand?

Because Stevie has class , I think :D

wouldn't go that far james. i envy class and i aspire towards mediocrity.

i'm a gloryhunter mrbj, was born in '74 in the north-west so am naturally a woolyback red. :D besides which, the old man did disown me, why d'you think i'm in thailand?

I like the sound of your old man :D

City suitor Al-Fahim: I'm the new Abramovich

By Soccernet staff

Updated: September 2, 2008, 10:40 AM UK

Comment

Email

Print

Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, the owner-elect of Manchester City, expects his group's takeover of the club to have the same impact as Roman Abramovich's buy-out of Chelsea five years ago.

GettyImages

Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim: Led negotiations.

Subject to due diligence, Al-Fahim's Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG) will be the new majority shareholders in the Premier League club after the two parties signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the change of ownership.

Asked how ADUG's takeover of City would compare with Abramovich's Chelsea buy-out, Al-Fahim said: 'I think it will be the same. We would like to see Manchester City fighting for trophies in every tournament.

'We don't just want Manchester City to be challenging for trophies in England, but also in the Champions League. We want them to be in for every trophy available.'

In a statement released yesterday, ADUG said the aim would be for City to compete in the Champions League in the 2009-10 campaign - a feat that would require a top-four finish this season.

However, although the club have started the season in promising form and currently sit third in the table after three games, Al-Fahim appeared to acknowledge the real hunt for trophies would begin next season.

'A place in the Champions League is quite a jump from last season, but we are ready to sit down with the manager, find out the players he would like, and bring the right players into the club,' Al-Fahim added.

'This season we would like to be a lot better than last season, and we are eager for trophies next season.'

Al-Fahim is also keen to explore possible new revenue streams for the club, ensuring City will not have to solely rely on the funds made available by ADUG.

'Our message to the fans would be we promise we are here to sustain the club and make Manchester City competitive for trophies at the highest level,' said Al-Fahim.

'We would also like to bring in extra revenues by introducing new marketing ideas.

'Looking at the club, they have a lot of fans, they are loyal fans, and there is the opportunity to grow there. They also have a lot of history. It was all very attractive to us.

'I think the one thing that has been missing was the right person to provide the right investment.'

Al-Fahim told Sky Sports News that he plans to meet Hughes and talk over future transfer targets.

'I will come to the UK in a few days to meet the manager Mark (Hughes),' he said. We will sit down with him and see what it is he needs now.'

I like the sound of your old man :D

I know, I seen you checking him out.... :D

redrus

haha. crass man.

Don't be like that I was only having a laugh at MrBj's expense not your old mans, could of been anyone's old man. Honestly, he don't care...............

:D:o

Your'e one sick mother Red :D

Awe come on, we all know you're not shy..... :D none of us turned up for the last meet in Manchester cos we started heard the rumours.... :D

redrus

haha. crass man.

Don't be like that I was only having a laugh at MrBj's expense not your old mans, could of been anyone's old man. Honestly, he don't care...............

:D:D

Awe come on, we all know you're not shy..... :D none of us turned up for the last meet in Manchester cos we started heard the rumours.... :(

And there was me thinking it was because you got p1ssed at work and got the sack :o

haha. crass man.

:(:D

Awe come on, we all know you're not shy..... :P none of us turned up for the last meet in Manchester cos we started heard the rumours.... :burp:

And there was me thinking it was because you got p1ssed at work and got the sack :o

I did not get pissed at work, where did you get that idea from.... :D :D

Awe bugger Celtic away, the two day game.... :D The mammories i have of that time.... :P I am now a responsible member of society,.

redrus

Ps; nice change of subject....