Pest Control

elephantkungfu

I've got loads of birds, pigeons i think, living in the loft. whenever they walk around, dirt is disloged from the ceiling and falls into the upstairs of my house. which means i've got to sweep up all the time. its pretty annoying... and dirty.

anyone know of anyone who i can call to come and get rid of them? i don't really want them to spray poison everywhere. i'd rather they chuck the birds out and board up the holes in the roof where they're flying in and out.

so... is there anyone i can call?

thanks

My parents in Holland had a similar problem.

They've got now two big plastic black birds (raven) on a bamboo stick in their garden. On a bamboo stick as that moves with the wind. Since these plastic raven their pigeons(poop)'problem is solved.

It may be an idea to find out the natural predators of these pigeons and make a plastic of paper copy of that. Put that under and on the roof. No poison and killling needed.

Nienke

Tried the scarecrow thing with our pigeon problem. Didn't work, they sat on it (and pooped on it!).

We have an open air roof that covers the top of a building and it was pigeon heaven.

So we tied nylon fishing line directly above each beam they could use to sit on (ie all the horizontal ones) You need to fix it tightly about 4ins above the beam. In some cases if they are really persistent you might need 2 lengths of line. Since then not one pigeon under our roof.

Of course if yours is a closed roof, a slightly different problem. There must be really big holes somewhere to get pigeons, best idea is just to get a general builder/repairman that has a long ladder to go up and fix the holes.