Events In Bangkok

girlx

• 2 weeks later...

Above & Beyond (trance DJs, voted no.4 in the world by DJ mag) @ club 808 on RCA, 11th November. No pre-sale tickets (get them on the door) and max capacity of 850 this time which is good. They're stopping off here on their way down to Zouk Out. Absolutely brilliant to get these guys with quality non-commercial trance to Bangkok, and on the day I arrive back from UK too! Good timing 808.

Armin Van Buuren @ KF club, Meng Jai intersection just off Ratchada. A huge name that packed out Narcissus last year but now at this relatively unknown 4000 capacity "very Thai" club usually frequented by older Thai chaps wishing to show off power/money/dancer gigs. The date is Nov 20th. Farang's will no doubt take over on this night.

Eddie Baytos & the Nervis Brothers

Victory Dance for Obama

Zydeco, ska, tex-mex, funk

Friday 7 Nov, 9.30 pm

Rain Dogs

Soi Phraya Phiren, Rama IV Rd

www.eddiebaytos.com

Baytos has performed both live and in the studio with Bruce Springsteen, Los Lobos, John Fogerty, R.L. Burnside, Muddy Waters, Big Joe Turner, Jerry Lee Lewis, George Jones, Percy Mayfield, Lee Dorsey, Johnny Adams, Ernie K-Doe, and The Meters. As a dancer and choreographer, he has staged video performances and live tours for a variety of artists including the Eurythmics, ZZ Top, Uma Thurman, Jenna Elfman, Jim Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, John Goodman, Maria Conchita Alonso, Weird Al Yankovic, and many others. Baytos has also contributed to the musical scores for film features such as Runaway Jury, Thirteen, and Rugrats, as well as composing the score for an independent documentary on the history of “B” movies entitled 'Mau Mau Sex Sex'.

http://www.bangkokjungle.com/news/rain-dogs-obama-slamma/

...is there anything that covers virtually all events in Bangkok?

For example, I love attending academic discussions, political forums, random weird music stuff...

Par example: On this Friday at Chula University there is a Harvard Professor coming to discuss Asia's future...

...where, if I had not been lucky to hear about this, could I have found this out...?

And also,the Sheraton Hotel staged Puccini's Boheme last week. Where was this advertised on the web...? (I don't count this as "random weird music stuff". That means electronic Beijing Opera of the 1970s etc. But it's nice to feel culturally superior every now and again) :o

Big Thai and Morlam music event on 12-13 and 14 November.

Where: Rama 3 road under the Rama 9 bridge, next to the small park.

It is a big venue and there is not only music, there all kind of different food, playground for children.

Lot's of things to do and see.

For us foreigners a very nice way to indulge in Thai culture.

And to find out the future of Thailand.

:o

...is there anything that covers virtually all events in Bangkok?

For example, I love attending academic discussions, political forums, random weird music stuff...

Par example: On this Friday at Chula University there is a Harvard Professor coming to discuss Asia's future...

...where, if I had not been lucky to hear about this, could I have found this out...?

And also,the Sheraton Hotel staged Puccini's Boheme last week. Where was this advertised on the web...? (I don't count this as "random weird music stuff". That means electronic Beijing Opera of the 1970s etc. But it's nice to feel culturally superior every now and again) :o

For events like that you have to look at the Bangkok Post and Facebook.

• 5 weeks later...

Bangkok Krav Maga Self Defense 1 Day Workshop Tactical Krav Maga: Sunday 14 December 2008 Bangkok

ข่าวสาร - การอบรมศิลปะป้องกันตัว (Seminar)

การอบรมศิลปะป้องกันตัว Kravmaga

สถานที่ : Gmac Gym, 14 ธันวาคม 2551 ใกล้รถไฟฟ้าอ่อนนุช

ค่าใช้จ่าย : 2799 บาท

วิทยากร : Gerry Nolan SMS TEXT to come to Bangkok Krav Maga Seminar today Sunday 14 December Gmac Gym BKK krav maga

คิดต่อ : Gmac Gym 02-7306485, อ.Big 081-7023003

ใน การฝึกอบรมครั้งนี้ท่านจะได้เรียนรู้หลักการป้องกันตัวต่างๆ ด้วยมือเปล่า และป้องกันตัวจากอาวุธ โดย Kravmarga เป็นแบบแผนการต่อสู้ด้วยมือเปล่าของทหารอิสราเอล ซึ่งเทคนิคต่างๆถูกใช้ทั่วไปในสหรัฐอเมริกา และหน่วยจู่โจมพิเศษต่างๆ โดยมุ่งเน้นการเคลื่อนไหวและท่าทางที่ง่ายรวดเร็ว ผู้ฝึกไม่จำเป็นต้องมีทักษะด้านการเตะต่อย หรือฝึกศิลปะป้องกันตัวมาก่อน

Bangkok Krav Maga Self Defense 1 Day Workshop Tactical Krav Maga:

Sunday 14 December 2008 Bangkok Thailand.

video Krav Maga link is at bottom of page scroll down to find it

You will learn Tactical Krav Maga the hand2hand combat system of the IDF Special Units & many Law Enforcement & Military Unites of many nations globally. Krav Maga has due to its simple, direct. lethal & battle tested strategy is used by many military, law officers & ordinary everyday people in civilian life to protect against unarmed & armed criminal attackers, who all to often are threat to us all in modern society. In fact over 50%+ of people regardless of who you are have, or will suffer from violent attack or violent incident at least twice in their adult lifetime.

You can be prepared to defend yourself or protect your family & loved ones when you come to your Tactical Krav Maga Self Protection Defense Seminar, where you will learn simple proven strikes that work on the street, the psschology of pre-attack & rituals of the attackers,& how to overcome this, & proven simple escapes from grabs, bear hug attacks, chokes, headlocks. how to defend against & Destroy the "Sucker Puncher", overview of basic defense from Knife Threat & Knife Attacks, Stick Defense, & Gun Threat.

Location: GMAC GYM Bangkok Thailand Date: TODAY SUNDAY 14 December 2008 (BTS ONNUT)

www.gmacgym.com

You will learn to defend yourself a MUST HAVE Life Skill Krav Maga

3,450 Thai Baht for walk ins on the day.

Save your place, make sure you do not miss out,

Krav Maga Bangkok come for 12 noon today SUNDAY 14 DECEMBER to GMAC GYM BANGKOK now 3,450 Baht special rate.

Contact Gerry Tactical Krav Maga Instructor info at kravmagathailand.com

kravmagathailand.com

Krav Maga Bangkok Seminar 14 December Info here

Krav Maga Video Online Here

seminar info on http://kravmagathailand.blogspot.com