Going To Laos For Visa

Will I have a problem at the cambodian border leaving thailand if I am 1 1/2 days overstay?? I had to wait for my paper work from hatyai by mail and will not arrive until today.

I do not think you will have a problem at the Cambodean border if you are going to Laos :o

Pay 1000 baht and then no problem.

Thank you, I will not get put on the "Black List" so to speak?

Just make sure you do not get stopped on the way to the border.

will be on a bus to cambodian border, my visa stamp expires at midnight tonight, and they allow one day overstay and that day I will be in transit. Can I go to a immigrations office tomorrow, saturday to pay in advance?

will be on a bus to cambodian border, my visa stamp expires at midnight tonight, and they allow one day overstay and that day I will be in transit. Can I go to a immigrations office tomorrow, saturday to pay in advance?

I don't think they are open on Saturday. You cant pay for the overstay unless you are able to also pay (1900 baht) for and apply for a visa extension. It can be very risky going to immigration like that with out some professional help going with you.

Why are you going to Cambodia if you are going for a visa in Laos?????

One day overstay grace period only works at airport from what I understand.

Don't worry to much about getting caught on the way. The chance of it happening ivery small.

Edited by ubonjoe

it's not riscky to go to immigration to pay your overstay, this is even the best way to do.

a simple visit to the immigration to pay your overstay and then you're ready to leave the country the same day without fearing to be caught on the road.

You cannot prepay an overstay thats the problem. When an overstay is paid at immigration it is done in conjunction with an extension of stay.

There was a post on the multiple page overstay topic from Isaan Lawyers you should read.

it's not riscky to go to immigration to pay your overstay, this is even the best way to do.

a simple visit to the immigration to pay your overstay and then you're ready to leave the country the same day without fearing to be caught on the road.

What a nonsense .... you cannot pay overstay if the length of overstay cannot yet be determined (in other words when leaving the country at one of the borders or getting an extension of any kind

at the Immigration).

Furthermore, if you travel through the Cambodian border, the is no 'grace' period. Actually, you're always on overstay no matter if you travel by air or land. The only difference is that at the airport you don't have to pay with only one day overstay as opposed to a border where you immediately get hit with 500 baht.

There are two options:

- Go to Suan Phlu (if you're in BKK) and get an 7 day extension for 1900 baht (I've seen reports that the Immigration is still open on Saturdays mornings but can 't confirm it).

- Take the risk (a small one) and pay your overstay at the border.

Edited by sniffdog