Pigeon Problem.

Richb2004v2

I have a problem with Pigeons sitting under the over hang of my house, especially near the balcony. They crap all over the place and within a few days of cleaning up they have messed the place again. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of them? I was thinking of making a game of it by using a BB gun, but I'm not sure how successful that would be. My other idea was a toy plastic snake, but I have no idea where to get one.

Any better ideas?

There are a few more threads on this subject that have some good or at least varied ideas.

I used fishing line and a day laborer hanging off of my house + some of my buildings cementing/rendering angles where the birds couldn't perch.

:o

Edited by Heng

There are a few more threads on this subject that have some good or at least varied ideas.

I used fishing line and a day laborer hanging off of my house + some of my buildings cementing/rendering angles where the birds couldn't perch.

:o

Your right. I should have done a search before posting this. I hate rehashing old subjects. Never mind.

Paracetamol ? We used to use acetaline crystals when i was a boy , put it in bread pieces and throw it up for the multitude of seagulls where i was evacuated , they would do these wierd gyrations and----POOF---- Feathers .

I have a problem with Pigeons sitting under the over hang of my house, especially near the balcony. They crap all over the place and within a few days of cleaning up they have messed the place again. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of them? I was thinking of making a game of it by using a BB gun, but I'm not sure how successful that would be. My other idea was a toy plastic snake, but I have no idea where to get one.

Any better ideas?

A catapult / slingshot with nearby stones as ammo??

If nothing else it'll pass the time and discourage them :o

I used to have this problem also.

I don't know if you are in a rural or urban area, but if you are in an urban area you should alert your neighbours that you are having a problem, rather than partying.

What I have done, for several days in a row and for several hours at a time, especially around dusk when they want to settle down for the night, is to have firecracker type sounds going off. This will disturb them. They will fly away until the noise stops, then fly back to settle down. Keep repeating the firecracker type noise, and play loud music. After several evenings of this, they will look for another place to rest and abandon your property.

Any better ideas?

well you could buy one of these suits, go outside in it, flap your arms about & shout.. 'key.. key..key.. key.. key.. key.. key...'

501thumb.jpg

( thats falcon for "get the <deleted> out of here unless you want to be eaten.." )

might work.. :o

Fishing line if you can tie it so it lays about 3 & 6 inches above the perch. I just did a whole external roof which has beams they can sit on. Found I needed 2 strands to be effective. Now they've all moved down the street and are making a heck of a mess on someones A/C units . If its not a long horizontal area then add some sort of surfacing they don't feel comfortable on ie not flat.