Oscar De La Hoya Versus Manny Pacquiao

stats

PAC MAN is awesome

Oscar didn't land a clean shot in 8 rounds.

Manny was fast, on his toes and powerful. Boxed not brawled which is different.

Oscar was close to dropping in the 7th and 8th rounds.

Well Done Manny, not many people can stop the Golden Boy

Beautiful fight by Manny. Great call Zodiac - and Mossfinn. i thought Pacman had a chance, but didnt think he's dominate like that - he fought a perfect fight. Didnt see the post-fight interviews, I hope DLH isnt going to come up with excuses. He got his ass whipped by a smaller, faster, younger guy. Next Manny takes down Hatton in an even better fight, and then Mayweather comes out or retirement?

All credits to Pacman Trainer the legendary coach Freddie Roach and his team of trainers who works hard for this fight

For sure. Roach worked with DLH for the Mayweather fight, then got dumped. So he does an amazing job preparing Manny for this fight. I read that the first time Pacquio was asked about this fight he didnt want it. But Roach convinced him to take it because he knew Manny would win

All credits to Pacman Trainer the legendary coach Freddie Roach and his team of trainers who works hard for this fight

For sure. Roach worked with DLH for the Mayweather fight, then got dumped. So he does an amazing job preparing Manny for this fight. I read that the first time Pacquio was asked about this fight he didnt want it. But Roach convinced him to take it because he knew Manny would win

I thought the article in either The Nation or BP (can't remember which) this morning was interesting in that one of Manny's very few losses was when he was knocked out by a Thai boxer in Thailand (Medgoen). Apparently it was a body shot that put him down for the count.

I've watched Pacquiao from the very beginning.

The guy was a wildman, barroom fighter at first. Would go nuts and run out of gas. His training regimen was not the best.

He was completely gassed, and not ready for that shot when he went down from that punch. I don't know if you've ever relaxed for a second when a blow came in, but yeah, if your not tighetened up in the ab/chest region when hit hard, it can be deadly. Ask the ghost of Houdini.

It's a total mismatch. Oscar enjoys an overwhelming height and reach advantage, and has long been fighting at 160-170 lbs. while Pac just recently came up to 135 lbs. to fight David Diaz.

Oscar should be fighting guys his own size like Antonio Margarito! or Cotto. Oscar handpicks a li'l guy 4" smaller and 40 lbs lighter, albeit a marquee name, smothers him with a 10m $ purse to get him to agree to be his walking punching bag and look good in his farewell fight!

Boxing fans knows it's a farce. But gotta agree that it'll be a huge sell, could easily breach 1mio PPV buys.

Oscar by brutal KO in 6.

next,

Hatton vs Pacquiao anyone?

I'm here to eat my crow.

Congratulations Manny! you proved me wrong

Respect.

It's a total mismatch. Oscar enjoys an overwhelming height and reach advantage, and has long been fighting at 160-170 lbs. while Pac just recently came up to 135 lbs. to fight David Diaz.

Oscar should be fighting guys his own size like Antonio Margarito! or Cotto. Oscar handpicks a li'l guy 4" smaller and 40 lbs lighter, albeit a marquee name, smothers him with a 10m $ purse to get him to agree to be his walking punching bag and look good in his farewell fight!

Boxing fans knows it's a farce. But gotta agree that it'll be a huge sell, could easily breach 1mio PPV buys.

Oscar by brutal KO in 6.

next,

Hatton vs Pacquiao anyone?

I'm here to eat my crow.

Congratulations Manny! you proved me wrong

Respect.

You are not the only one who got that one wrong. I had Oscar by KO in the 9th. At least I got the round right.

My previous quotes

Some right

Oscar doesn't fight often and with all his businesses I guess he would not train as hard either.

Pac Man to win (even thou I love the Golden Boy)

It's Manny's constant barrage of punches will take down Oscar.

WHO REALLY CARES, GREAT FIGHT TO WATCH

Some almost right

Should be a great fight. Manny is almost 30 and Oscar close to 36. There will be a size difference 4 inches in height to the golden boy plus a few lbs. Oscar started his career at super featherweight and moved up through the years. Manny has been KO only twice (both in the 3rd round) so if Oscar can get him early I think he may go to sleep, past 5rds I will say Manny by decision

Hatton vs Manny...who do you think will do it??

Not sure that fight is going to happen.............

Do you think Manny can draw enough English-Euro pay per views or high priced tickets?

I think Mayweather will come out of "retirement " (who are these guys kidding with that crap, did you see Riddick Bowe is back at, isn't he like 70 years old?) and that will be another massive U.S. payday.