Why Do Posts Become Double Spaced When Cutting And Pasting From Microsoft Word?

Mobi

I'm sure this didn't used to happen, as I've been cutting and pasting for number of years without any problems.

But for the past few months I have found that anything I cut and paste from Microsoft Word becomes double spaced. If I remove the paragraph spacing in Word, it still becomes double spaced when I paste into the forum. The reply box looks OK, but when I "add" the post or "Post" the new topic,- it becomes double spaced. Single spaces become double, and double spaces become quadruple, and so on.

If try to paste a list - with a new single line for each list item, with no spaces, it becomes double spaced in the post.- - and I can't correct it on edit.

Is there any reason for this and is there anything I can do to correct this problem.

I have checked the format options in Microsoft Word and it is set for single line spacing.

Anyone?

I've had that happen as well. Can't find a way to avoid it seemingly.

What I end up doing is going to the end of a sentence/paragraph, then keep deleting until the next sentence/paragraph is at the end of the period (full-stop), then hit "Enter" to drop it down to the next line (and again if I want a space between the lines/paragraphs).

That seems to do the trick to get rid of the extra large spacing that you often get when cutting & pasting, but is a little tedious, especially on a large post.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess they have the auto format to give it a double space between 2 paragraphs if you copy from Word.

What I'm doing now is I type in their website, enter twice between 2 paragraphs, and copy all into Word for spell check. When I paste back into TV, there won't be a problem.

Strange one! (carriage return or enter)

Well I’m using MS Word here and (carriage return)

No double spacing – No worries???? (carriage return)

BTW - Still using MS Office 2000 SP3. Couldn’t drag me away kicking and screaming from it!

Ctrl + c

Ctrl + v - to the fast reply window.