Short Question On Tourist Visas And 30-day Visa Exempt At Arrival

Hi,

I'm going to get a 2-entry tourist visa. But I may enter Thailand more than twice on a few more short visits.

Question: will my 2 tourist visas always used up first on arrival, or can I tell the passport officer to leave the visa untouched because of a short stay only and get a 30-days stamp instead?

Thanks for your help!

The officer most likely WILL honor your request. I did this as have others. Be sure NOT to write the visa number on your entry card though! And you do need to explicitly request this from the officer. Try to keep your request in simple English. I think they will understand the term SAVE THE VISA and mention that you will be traveling out and back to use the visa at a later time.

Edited by Jingthing

Hi,

I'm going to get a 2-entry tourist visa. But I may enter Thailand more than twice on a few more short visits.

Question: will my 2 tourist visas always used up first on arrival, or can I tell the passport officer to leave the visa untouched because of a short stay only and get a 30-days stamp instead?

Thanks for your help!

If you are going to make a short trip in and then a trip outside country you can get a re-entry permit that will keep your entry valid until your permited to stay date as long as you return before end of that permit to stay.

No the immigration officer will not give you a non exempt entry.

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

There have been many reports on here of people having done this. So yes it is possible. It is of course up to the individual officer at the time. Be polite and see what happens.

Edited by Lite Beer

If your multiple exit and re-entries fall on the duration of the visa period (3 month) then you could apply for more than 2 entries and pay an extra thousand baht for each.

It is equal to the exit and re-entry fee, but will save you the time and efforts to go to the immigration and apply for the exit and re-entry.

Bishop