Getting To Pattaya From Bkk Airport.

mrpon

Just wondering if there are any buses from the airport (Suvarnabumi) to Pattaya around 8.30pm/9pm on the 12th Nov. or is anyone on the Qatar flight arriving from Doha wants to share a taxi?

The last bus leaves at 7pm. Pathetic isn't it?

A major tourist resort like Pattaya should have airport buses running 24/7, but I suppose they are protecting the taxis.

You could prearrange a car to pick you up for as low as 1000 baht, or go with the regular taxis from the airport which go for 1,400 last time I checked.

Edited by tropo

Yeah, it is surprising, but I guess the demand isn't enough for Bell to run 24/7 (though maybe someone should suggest that they don't have to use 60 pax buses during the slower periods, unless they have enough people making reservations ahead of time).

There is still the cheapy option of going to the bus station (Ekami ?) and taking the regular Bkk-Pty bus, and then taxi from the Pattaya station to where ever.

As tropo mentions, a private taxi is 1,400. My buddy arrived 2 days ago (too late for a Bell bus) and took a taxi. Direct from airport to his hotel (with a short pit-stop at a 7/11 along the way). I was surprised to hear the the taxi price had gone down. I expected that they would keep the prices up and find a new excuse to justify it.

About $40 US for a 1 1/2 - 2 hour taxi ride right to your door is not too bad.

The last bus from Ekamai to Patters leaves at midnight I believe.

The first in the morning is 6 am.

Not worth much when your plane arrives 23:50.

I have a good guy who picks up at any hour of the day or night 1200 baht including tolls. Hasn't failed me yet.

~WISteve

Edited by WISteve

One could take the airport bus to Ekamai and from there the buses go to Pattaya until midnight (or maybe 11:30pm).

You'd have to be pretty desperate to save cash to go north to Bangkok and then head south again adding hours to the journey.

You'd have to be pretty desperate to save cash to go north to Bangkok and then head south again adding hours to the journey.

True enough. I use Bell Travel, when it's convenient. If I can use them and get dropped at my door for 150 baht (total) great.

But if I arrive late at night (or very early in the morning), the 1,400-1,500 baht for a taxi right to my door is worth it. After a long day (or more) of travelling and 2-3 flights, saving a few baht, and adding hours more time to get home doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm a little luckier than some though (I guess), as I get paid holidays, and the taxi fare is about equal to an hour's wages.

in fact the last buss leaving the airport to Pattaya goes at 7 pm. But its not surprizing, there is no Bell Bus later, cause most times, I used the Bell-bus, it was nearly empty! Ok for the other busses, I think its a state owned company, its different. I think, they would have enough customers , if they start at mor-chit and just stop at the airport , even after 7 a´clock.

so for me, Most times I had to take a taxi to go to Pattay (and I hate it, cause I am ขี้เหนียว [kʰî: niao] )

If I get in really late, I just have a nice meal and a drink at the airport and then read/doze/sleep there until the first bus to PTY leaves in the morning. Saves a big taxi fare and (for tourists) 1 night's hotel bill. But then again I don't have any feeling of desperation & urgency to get to PTY.

If I get in really late, I just have a nice meal and a drink at the airport and then read/doze/sleep there until the first bus to PTY leaves in the morning. Saves a big taxi fare and (for tourists) 1 night's hotel bill. But then again I don't have any feeling of desperation & urgency to get to PTY.

Must be a real comfortable sleep on bench in the airport.

You sure 'bout that?

I love it when people question you but present NOTHING to support a contrary view! :o

I couldn't find the english language bus schedule but this one on sawadee gets the job done:

Ekamai Bus Schedule

The second from the bottom is the aircon bus and it says they depart Bangkok from 04:00 to 24:00 every 30 minutes.

The 4 am was news to me, but I was pretty certain the last bus out was at midnight.

I have a good guy who picks up at any hour of the day or night 1200 baht including tolls. Hasn't failed me yet.

Why pay 1200 when there are good guys doing it for less?

I've tried the 1k baht guys and they have pulled no-shows........twice.

No thanks. Mine is always there to date with a newer, clean car and is a very safe driver.

I want to get there in good time but safely. Staying alive is more important than a couple hundred baht to me.

My thoughts as well. Wow, I get to spend the first six hours in LOS sleeping on a metal bench? :D

After twenty hours on a plane I want a shave, a shower and a clean bed.

"But then again I don't have any feeling of desperation & urgency to get to PTY."

Neither do I for the most part. But then one night in a hotel isn't going to break me either! :D

~Sa-teef

Neither do I for the most part. But then one night in a hotel isn't going to break me either! :o

~Sa-teef

I'd prefer to spend the time in my apartment than on an airport bench, a mere two hours from home. Similar to WISteve, it wouldn't break me to spring for a taxi (if 1,500 baht is going to cause someone to have to cut back on their holiday spending plans...............).

What's wrong with you wimps? Butch up!

You sure 'bout that?

I love it when people question you but present NOTHING to support a contrary view! :o

I didn't offer a contrary view. I asked for evidence to back up your statement. Nobody in his right mind is going to show up at Ekamai at 12:00 on the chance that you MIGHT be right.

You sure 'bout that?

I didn't offer a contrary view. I asked for evidence to back up your statement. Nobody in his right mind is going to show up at Ekamai at 12:00 on the chance that you MIGHT be right.

Be careful for what you wish for. I think that may be true but be aware that TWO bus companies 

operate froM ekami. One  is a "seat reserved " bus that goes directly to Pattay and takes about two hours.

The other you may have seen as u approach the ekami terminal: it may have stopped in front of you and shouted "where you go?" Pattay? "get on". Yep. That's teh milk run line that goes through miniburi, khahi,

Chonburi, Siracha, and every little town in between Bangkok and Patters. And yes they do drive slow as they search  for enough passengers to fill their seats - and aile. Well everyone should take it once. Builds

character. 

I gaurantee that this Milk run bus  is the bus you will find leaving at midnight.That mayor may not be OK.

The last "normal bus" for Pattaya leaves around 10 PM. 

Edited by BugJackBaron

Why pay 1200 when there are good guys doing it for less?

No thanks. Mine is always there to date with a newer, clean car and is a very safe driver.

I want to get there in good time but safely. Staying alive is more important than a couple hundred baht to me.

Can you PM me his details? Thanks.

I have a late model car with a good driver pick me up for 1000 baht including tolls. I prearrange this through Cambodia Inter on Soi Buakhao. Going up costs 800 baht PLUS tolls. They've never failed me yet.

Edited by tropo

Why do you assume there is only one bunch of "1k baht guys"?

It obviously depends who you book through.

I never have no-shows and the cars I get are brand spanking new with owner-drivers who drive very safely.

For 1000 baht the toll is included.

I gaurantee that this Milk run bus  is the bus you will find leaving at midnight.That mayor may not be OK.

The last "normal bus" for Pattaya leaves around 10 PM. 

Well, that's what I suspected.

I once made the mistake of taking the milk run bus to which you refer. What a horrible experience.

More than once I struck up a chat with another traveler and he suggested we split a fare. But each time I had other arrangements and once was heading to Bangkok for a few nights instead of Pattaya. So many people have a pickup or other transport arranged in advance, but I am sure you can still find somebody to partner up with.