90 Days Reporting

Maybe a question that has been discuss here before, anyway you have your one year visa(marriage/retirement, etc) no address change, no phone number change, no changes at all, WHY the 90 days thing?? Seem like it would be a lot less work for the folks at the Thais Immigration Offices if they didn't have to process the 90 days paper work for the marry folks and the retirees.

Edited by BigSnake

The purpose is not to report your address. It is to report staying in the counry for over 90 days.

I agree it does not make a lot of sense but its in the immigration act so all we can do is follow the rules.

Edited by ubonjoe

The purpose is not to report your address. It is to report staying in the counry for over 90 days.

I agree it does not make a lot of sense but its in the immigration act so all we can do is follow the rules.

I hear you Ubonjoe, however you have a one stay approve, if you leave and wish to return within that year you must have a reenrty visa right. I am missing :o:D something here, OH well just grin and love it. :D:D

The purpose is to notify your place of residence

Art 37 sub 5 immigration act:

If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. ....

The purpose is to notify your place of residence

Art 37 sub 5 immigration act:

If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. ....

Yes, that is the obvious LITERAL purpose. But for people living here for years at the SAME address (a lot of us!) it would arguably be a lot more logical to simply require you to inform of a CHANGE of address if it occurs within a stated time period.

I hear you Ubonjoe, however you have a one stay approve, if you leave and wish to return within that year you must have a reenrty visa right. I am missing :o:D something here, OH well just grin and love it. :D:D
Yes you have a permit to stay for a year and have to get a re-entry permit when leaving so you can come back without loosing your permit to stay. I have no idea where the 90 day thing comes from in the immigration act but the entire system seems to be based around it. Most visas are for 90 days and a tourist visa can total to 90 days. The 90 day rule for exempt entries also.

I don't mind making a report every 90 days compared to leaving every 90 days.

Yes just grin and love it.

[Yes, that is the obvious LITERAL purpose. But for people living here for years at the SAME address (a lot of us!) it would arguably be a lot more logical to simply require you to inform of a CHANGE of address if it occurs within a stated time period.

No argument from me there. If I recall correctly a former immigration boss once proposed to get rid of the 90 day reporting rule.

Nice thing about 90 day reports is that in the outback immig. offices you get to know the personnel and it is not a problem at renewal of extension time.... Always look on the bright side

I agree with you. I also use a small immigration office. The wife even said the same that it would be better to do the report in person verses a mail in.

Nice thing about 90 day reports is that in the outback immig. offices you get to know the personnel and it is not a problem at renewal of extension time.... Always look on the bright side

I agree with you. I also use a small immigration office. The wife even said the same that it would be better to do the report in person verses a mail in.

I would agree with both of you if it wasn't a 300K + return trip. I post every time.

We can only hope for online reporting one day.