Divorce And Non O

My Thai wife and I have seperated and my Non O visa is due for renewal in early January. I have asked for a divorce and she is refusing to give it to me.

I am an American, I got my Non O extended the last time in BKK with my wife there to show we were married.

I am over 50 and have enough income to meet the retirement visa equirements.

I was told by a few bar stool experts that I will have to leave the country and get a new Non 0. One that is good for 90 days and then extend that in BKK.

This will be a big pain in the ( ) for more than one reason.

My visa is already stamped retirement in it.

Can I somehow extend what I have now without leave the country???

Thanks in advance for you help

John

One of the requirements is that you actualy live together. As the situation is right now, technically you would be on overstay (presuming you don't live together any more). If they will find out is something different.

For an extension of stay based on retirement you do not need to go abroad and get a new non-O first. You can simply go to immigration an extend on the base of retirement, as you already have a non-immigrant visa. You now only extend your stay for a different purpose, retirement instead of marriage.

Look's to me like you already have a "OA"/Retirement visa which has nothing too do with being married, just use either your pension =65000bt per month or 800,000bt in bank requirement either will take care of your extension to stay.

Oops. Well spotted.

Probably not an O-A but it looks like he is on an extension based on retirement already. So no problems.