I like the way this thread is going :o

As you were

***********WUM ALERT**********

redrus

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REDRUS your Mum's calling you to play in your own yard....

......................and stay out of that smelly Trent.... :o

Is me tea ready already.... :D Back to clean old Irwell it is then.... :D

redrus

I'll raise your George Best with Sir Stanley Matthews . . . I thank you . . .

All that can be said is 'We support our local team!' :o

Actually in terms of US praising Delap - well I think you'll find we don't just rate him for his throws he is a decent central midfielder who doesn't stop grafting the whole 90 minutes. BUT anyway the only reason he's in the spot light is because of the media as David Johnson writes in his Telegraph Blog this week regarding Delaps throw: "It was never this effective in the Championship, and it's not our fault that Premier League defenders are either useless or stunted. Okay? Just get over it."

Sums things up nicely! :D

I actually always liked going to Stoke. As a young lad I learned the high-hurdles in the graveyard and the fine art of pugilism in their town. Wolverhampton by the way, is, and always has been for true supporters, in Staffordshire, with Stoke our main rivals not Sandwell Town FC.

Champions come to mind

Close James, the main word i'd use begins with " C " also... :o

Anyway, enough of this..

Good luck to the Potters for the rest of the year & i hope you stay up, don't think you will but i hope you do...

Edited by MSingh

Champions come to mind

Close James, the main word i'd use begins with " C " also... :D

Anyway, enough of this..

Good luck to the Potters for the rest of the year & i hope you stay up, don't think you will but i hope you do...

It's not like you to quit while you're behind....! :o

I agree with you though.... :D

redrus

cheers singh,it will be a struggle but another couple of good signigs and maybe 1-2 loan deals,we might just avoid relegation,or even kitson starting to score would be a help.any way we are enjoying the season win,lose or draw but i do think the refs are woeful in the premiership and soon it will be no contact,partly due to that idiot wenger.the only team i will not shout for in the champions cup will be arsenal,the moaning prima donnas.

Champions come to mind

Anyway, enough of this..

It's not like you to quit while you're behind....! :o

redrus

STOP PRESS !!!

Redrus agree's with me that Man Ure are a bunch of Cnuts !! :D:D

Champions come to mind

Anyway, enough of this..

It's not like you to quit while you're behind....! :D

redrus

STOP PRESS !!!

From the board down, I've never ever denied that I am. I'd rather be a <deleted> than anything else in that sense....! :P

<deleted>, scum, raghead, whatever.......... :(:o

redrus

Champions come to mind

Anyway, enough of this..

redrus

STOP PRESS !!!

From the board down, I've never ever denied that I am. I'd rather be a <deleted> than anything else in that sense....! :P

<deleted>, scum, raghead, whatever.......... :(:o

redrus

Nice one, a bit of Football Banter then bosh, you throw the old " Raghead " in , nice, give yourself a pat on the back Fella..

Edited by Jockstar
To remove the gif at the bottom.

Champions come to mind

Anyway, enough of this..

redrus

STOP PRESS !!!

Redrus agree's with me that Man Ure are a bunch of Cnuts !! :P:(

From the board down, I've never ever denied that I am. I'd rather be a <deleted> than anything else in that sense....! :burp:

<deleted>, scum, raghead, whatever.......... :D:o

redrus

Nice one, a bit of Football Banter then bosh, you throw the old " Raghead " in , nice, give yourself a pat on the back Fella..

Wow there son, I think you misunderstand, the rags is a term for United fans. I think someone better put you dummy back in....!

Try searching before you jump to conclusions and calling people wanke_rs you prick....! :D

redrus

*ps, do you think I don't look at peoples names, and throw it in that context....! Get a grip.

Edited by redrus

Interesting, do you mean the ragheads that sit behind the United Bench? If not, which ones do you refer?

<deleted>, nothing to do with any kind of racist conotation in any which way shape or form. My statement was about me and directed to me....!

Can we change the direction now as I will not be labled in the light to which I am being shed.

How United became the 'Rags'Updated: June 9th, 2008

I’ve always wondered how United got to be nicknamed the ‘Rags’, until I found a fascinating snippet in Gary James’ Manchester - The Greatest City.

It appears the name was given to them by their own fans.

During the 1930-31 season, United were in a wretched state. The club teetered on the brink of bankruptcy and were attracting crowds of less than 4,000 for some games - despite still being in Division 1.

Harry Hughes, a City fan working in Trafford, tells this story:

“I worked in Trafford then, and all the locals were United fans. I was working nights and when Saturday morning arrived a couple of them asked ‘are you going to see the Rags today?’ I didn’t know what that meant, and then they explained that United fans had started to call the team the ‘Rags’ because they were so poor and that their kit looked liked rags. So after that I knew who they meant, but when I mentioned the Rags, they’d go, ‘who the hel_l are you talking about?’ They didn’t like the opposition saying it.”

The poor level of support continued throughout the 1930s. When war broke out in 1939 an immediate ban was placed on the assembly of large crowds. The joke doing the rounds in Manchester was that United would have nothing to worry about.

There’s another great Rags story told by Howard Burr, secretary of the Reddish Blues. Full story here.

In 1968, Howard’s father was manager of the Umbro factory in Stockport. When United reached the European Cup final they put in a rushed order for the kit. The material his dad used had been lying about in the factory since the place was built and was full of dust and cobwebs.

In fact, some of the machinists were upset it was being used because they used to cut lengths off the roll to take home for dusters.

I have been called a rag and a raghead as a youth,

From the board down, I've never ever denied that I am. I'd rather be a <deleted> than anything else in that sense.....<deleted>, scum, raghead, whatever..............!
This statement is quite clearly pointed at myself....!

redrus

Edited by redrus

Mai pen rai, Red.

I knew what you meant. :o

P.S. For those who aren't aware. RAG means Red Arrogant Git

Cheers mate, I've been seething all day since reading that....!

I don't deny your statement either.... :D

redrus

now now lads a bit of banter is good but not too nasty.we support who we support but as most supporters know,man poo have supporters all over the world and thejoke is that they are not from manchester.true or not true i wish stoke had 76,000 supporters travelling hundreds of miles a week win or lose.

my gripe is with areshole wenger who has a dig about trying to maim his players and the fa not given him a fine,bloody disgusting and i hope arsenal lose every game and get knocked out of the league cup and champions cup.

As you know lads. This is the football forum. I allow certain things to slip by without issuing warnings. Which you would get in others forums of TV. So please refrain from calling each other names like wanke_r and the likes. Other mods look in here also.Not just me. For now no warnings have been handed out. This is just some friendly advice. As you were. :o

Cool redrus, i completely apologies then Mate as i didn't know that Uniter were known as Raghead's..

I too have been called a Raghead many time sin the past redrus, nothing to do with me being a Red Manc though... :D

Sorry, i jumped the Gun but i'm sure you can understand why..:o

PS : The Red Arrogant Git part is all the understanbding i need need..:D

Good luck Stokies this weekend..

Cool redrus, i completely apologies then Mate as i didn't know that Uniter were known as Raghead's..

I too have been called a Raghead many time sin the past redrus, nothing to do with me being a Red Manc though... :D

Sorry, i jumped the Gun but i'm sure you can understand why..:o

PS : The Red Arrogant Git part is all the understanbding i need need..:D

Good luck Stokies this weekend..

Then let us please change the subject. The thought of what was implied honestly made me feel sick....!

Let TV bask in the glory that we all actually kind of get on, I think.... :D

redrus

BOING BOING BAG O'<deleted>!

WE ALWAYS BEAT WEST BROM

:D :D :D

Moanbray what planet do you live on - the reason your poor saps of player couldn't entertain is because they are wank! Wake up and smell the coffee son! :o

Next for the Britannia treatment . .. . Dull . .. . should be an interesting game.. .. 4 wins on the bounce at the Brit for us now if we can start picking up regular points on our travels this Premiership survival lark will be easy enough! :D

But really now we've got the 'easier' games coming up Dull(H), Newcastle(A), Fulham(H), Blackburn(A) we should really be expecting a healthy 8 or 9 point return.

GOOOARNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YOU POTTERS! :(

even kitson starting to score would be a help.

Cheers for the 5.5m :D

What a signing he has turned out to be :D

Just to point out that we haven't actually paid 5.5 mil - yet - thankfully Pulis negotiated a deal which was heavily reliant on his performance. I forget the exact figure but I think it's around 2.3mil we paid upfront - the rest is paid up certain targets (goals scored, appearances, caps etc).

A big shame about his injury yesterday - with Fuller being out it really was his chance to lead the line and show what he could do. :o Hope he's back in action soon, particularly with the Carling Cup Qtr Final and FA games on the horizon we need as much fire power up front as possible.

Just a quick update for any Potters fans (and 'Ull) much to my surprise we are on live tonight on TrueSport 3 - not on one of the Extra channels. So very happy as we don't get TrueSport 5, Extra 1 & 2 on Lao Digital TV just 1, 2 & 3. We obviously have moved up their ranking as they've put us on 3 and Villa v Fulham on 5!

The others are Wigwam v Tesco Bags (Extra 1) & Scumderland v Bolton (Extra 2).