The Hand Grenade Waltz

CuriousGeorge77

Maverick Thai general does the hand-grenade waltz

Fri Nov 21, 11:03 am ET BANGKOK (Reuters) – A maverick Thai general who has threatened to bomb anti-government protesters and drop snakes on them from helicopters has been reassigned as an aerobics teacher, the Bangkok Post said on Friday.

Major-general Khattiya Sawasdipol, a Rambo-esque anti-communist fighter more commonly known as Seh Daeng, reacted with disappointment to his new role as a military instructor promoting public fitness at marketplaces. "It is ridiculous to send me, a warrior, to dance at markets," he said, before launching an attack on his boss, army chief Anupong Paochinda. "The army chief wants me to be a presenter leading aerobics dancers. I have prepared one dance. It's called the 'throwing-a-hand-grenade' dance," he said.

Seh Daeng is something of a folk hero in Thailand on account of his reputed undercover exploits in Cambodia and Laos during the Cold War.

His predictions of grenade attacks against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters occupying Government House made headlines last month, especially when they turned out to be correct.

One protester was killed and 23 wounded by a grenade blast on Thursday.

Seh Daeng has denied any involvement.

Edited by CuriousGeorge77

personaly speaking , having met him and have dinner with him on the same table i think he is a nice guys ,

thing is never what you want to see . best is we just seta back and let it un fold .

sometime the truth is not what we expected or what we hope it would be .

is real life and is not some plotted movie .

the agenda is not offen shared ..

but one thing for sure .. huge sum of MOney is in this game .

trace the money you see the real player .

personaly speaking , having met him and have dinner with him on the same table i think he is a nice guys ,

thing is never what you want to see . best is we just seta back and let it un fold .

Of course he is a nice guy! Nice guys always threaten rallies with hand-grenades and bombs!

well . i am not here to judge if he is right or wrong , i am just offering what i see and feel .

seriously speaking . from what i see thai rallies is much soft compare to china , india , burma , look at others rallies , not one country allow it to cook for so long .

and the P.A.D know well is a matter of time before someone get killed or seriously injury . but their choice is to play along and hope to push all blame to what there dislike .

seriouly in a mass allies like this . more then one party is doing wrong .

and from what i see.. P.A.D is not peacful protestor at all .

look at the home made weapon as well as all the gangster like so called bodyguard .

all there do is use old woman as shield .

so sad to see such act in a country i love so much ,

anyway who is right who is wrong , only time will tell .

and i hope all this will end soon and everyone get back to their normal life .

and may thailand be at peace again like before.

-

is one thing to say what you going to do is another thing when you say what you not going to do and do it .

agenda agenda agenda .

People have been killed already Ta22 --- and 2 more since Sae Daeng announced the new bombing campaign ... but really he's a "nice guy"!

PS. I don't need time to tell me that threatening crowds with hand-grenades and bombs is wrong.

Edited by jdinasia

time will tell .. there is fair more unfair thing in this world ,

look at all the bombing in iraq and pakistan . where even wedding party i stargeted and bomb at. .

i am not saying who is right or wrong .. and i am sure if he is wrong he would have to answer for it .

is too early for us to play judge .

let hope all this rubbish end soon . and nobody else is hurt ,.

kindly stop your debat cos i am not keen to carry on with your cherry picking on my words .

have a nice and happy day .

Of course he is a nice guy! Nice guys always threaten rallies with hand-grenades and bombs!

Mate, you don't know much about people, do you?

The world is not black and white. Mass murders would risk their life to help a grandmum in danger or to feed their dog....

Most of the really sick, terrible people are not bad, they are sick. They have some metal disorder. That's the main problem! Most of the bad people don't think they are bad they think they change everything to the better.

So I think that guy, speaking with you might be a super nice guy, but living in his own weird world.

time will tell .. there is fair more unfair thing in this world ,

look at all the bombing in iraq and pakistan . where even wedding party i stargeted and bomb at. .

i am not saying who is right or wrong .. and i am sure if he is wrong he would have to answer for it .

is too early for us to play judge .

let hope all this rubbish end soon . and nobody else is hurt ,.

kindly stop your debat cos i am not keen to carry on with your cherry picking on my words .

have a nice and happy day .

Well, if you have handsome smiling men in nice uniforms walking into their shining airplanes. Pressing some buttons, some new hightech, we can proud of our scientist, is falling to earth does not look ugly or evil.

An ugly guy stabbing on the victim with his knife and a lot blood.....That seems to be bad and ugly.

But situation 1: several to millions are dead

situation 2: 1 is harmed or dead

We missjudge the things. Falludja raid costs maybe 100.000-300.000 peoples life but no one would be as shocked as if someone shoot into your neighbors leg.

...and the P.A.D know well is a matter of time before someone get killed or seriously injury . but their choice is to play along and hope to push all blame to what there dislike ...

And this is why they should all go home before it gets really nasty.

In 1991, Samak justified the shooting of college students because there was a war in Iraq at the time. Its not much of an excuse, if you ask me. The world is a nasty place. Perhaps Burma and China would not have let the protests simmer so long, but is that your ideal model? India I don't know about, but they do have extenuating circumstances with terrorism.

Does Thailand really want one of its generals activating vigilante violence against relatively peaceful protesters? (That is the de facto result of his publicly sharing his opinions) Political tension or not, the answer should be no. Good on whomever reassigned the guy.

He may be a nice guy to everybody, or he may be nice to some people, or he may be nice only on holidays. Thats the not question. This guy did something really stupid that puts his country in danger, and something needed to be done to counter it.

in my country singapore , if you take over the Boardcasting Unit , you be KIlled on SIGHT ,

wait . i think you get arrest and put to jail even if you take over a Public toilet.

that aside .

i agree is not wise - but as all this un fold .

only time will tell . us saying so much will not made much , especially when we do not know half the story and our only feed is news which is 40% not true ,

killing of 1 and the killing of 10 or 100 is all consider killing ,

before we make a great deal about all this killing .

tell me what would your country had done .

is such protest happen and last for days .

Korea so far had shown something close to what we call a peace protest during the Beer crsis with the US ,

but look at PAD . i am sorry to say there are notthing close to a PEACE protest is all carry homemade bomb ( ping ppong cluster ) and using Metal bots on sling shot - as well as nail spike on flag pole ( with thai flag on it ) whhahaha this is not dealing with peaceful protest anymore .

the long delay in action is already the grace much much given ,

--

if someone rub a BANK - maybe if the Robber say their PEACEFUL ROBBER.. then the police should just hold back and wait till the robber hope to give in .,

WHile all this go on . many people suffer for it .

the Whole thai ecomony is suffering for this Group ..

be it good or bad , is not for me to judge or say who is good or bad.. KAram will do it job ,

--

one who made other suffer whoul suffer when the time come.

Karma is working greater then we think .

in my country singapore , if you take over the Boardcasting Unit , you be KIlled on SIGHT ,

wait . i think you get arrest and put to jail even if you take over a Public toilet.

that aside .

i agree is not wise - but as all this un fold .

only time will tell . us saying so much will not made much , especially when we do not know half the story and our only feed is news which is 40% not true ,

killing of 1 and the killing of 10 or 100 is all consider killing ,

before we make a great deal about all this killing .

tell me what would your country had done .

is such protest happen and last for days .

Korea so far had shown something close to what we call a peace protest during the Beer crsis with the US ,

but look at PAD . i am sorry to say there are notthing close to a PEACE protest is all carry homemade bomb ( ping ppong cluster ) and using Metal bots on sling shot - as well as nail spike on flag pole ( with thai flag on it ) whhahaha this is not dealing with peaceful protest anymore .

the long delay in action is already the grace much much given ,

--

if someone rub a BANK - maybe if the Robber say their PEACEFUL ROBBER.. then the police should just hold back and wait till the robber hope to give in .,

WHile all this go on . many people suffer for it .

the Whole thai ecomony is suffering for this Group ..

be it good or bad , is not for me to judge or say who is good or bad.. KAram will do it job ,

--

one who made other suffer whoul suffer when the time come.

Karma is working greater then we think .

The home-made bombs story is already known as wrong.

And yes in the country I come from, we don't shoot on "peaceful robber" we negotiate till he gives in. If he got harmed there is an investigation to find out who overreact.

Not shooting on peaceful people has something to do with culture which you might not figured out yet.

you are wrongful mistaken what i said about home made bomb ,

PAD carry homemade ping pong bomb , is a common homd made bomb which you can even see during loi katong .

it give a huge bang sound .

anyway . what you refering to is the leg being blow off case.

be it who is right or wrong now .

have a nice day ,

If there weren't some protesters carrying weapons I would be utterly dumbfounded (and proud!) .... A lot of Thai's I knew carry around weapons, just 'cause. Additionally, for the last 50+ years it has been common practice to carry out a version of a "false flag" play ... having your agents in a crowd, roughhousing and giving the whole crowd a bad name. In the 50s, the US did it as part of Operation Ajax to take out the Iranian PM to re-establish British Petroleum's interests in Iranian oil fields. Its since become a standard play

So yes- I agree with you - it is very difficult to tell what is really going on. *That* has been a standard political play for millenia.

However, my previous comment stands, no matter who the "bad guy" is.

That's the proof that apparences can be VERY deceptive.

:o

More than an army unit, more than a dance floor... the guy deserves a position in a psychiatric hospital.

It's a shame for the thai army to actually pay and give a rank to such opera clown.

Hero ? Well maybe. But very long time ago. But now, he's going totally loco.

Enough of those insane guys in uniform (like Panlop...), all of them freaks, big mouth, talking horseshit. Post Traumatic Stress ? You bet !

Bring in the vacuum cleaner. And open the History's garbage bin.

Edited by cclub75

time will tell :o

i am not siding anyone , just giving a account of what i saw . and see .

so what ever you feel or think is up to you .

history had turn hero to shit and shit to hero over and over .

history just love repeating itself don't there ,

is it us human that is stupid or just cos we are too kind and get cheated easy .

well time will tell .

fine line of red

I sat at the same table as Ta22, and he is a very nice guy, really.

I told my Thai partner about Major-general Khattiya Sawasdipol, known as Seh Daeng, and my partner thinks Seh Daeng is a nice guy who is righteous to kill all those peaceful, Thai protestors. After all his years at the wat school, my partner seems to believe that good Thai Buddhists can kill each other....so much for the value of religious education.

personaly speaking , i think he is a nice guys ,

uhmmm... if you say so... :o

redshirtlunatic.jpg

"I would like to say that anyone wanting to join the rally should reserve a temple for his or her own funeral," Kattiya said. "Being united, you will be slain in group."
He said the bomb attack inside the Government House early Thursday would not be the last one but PAD opponents would launch bomb attacks against it every night.
But he said the PAD would face more attacks and PAD guards would be killed everyday if the it did not stop occupying the Government House.
"In the future, the PAD may be attacked with RPG rockets, M-79 grenades," Kattiya said.
"The Army Chief does not have time to read papers. He probably believes the flattering people who mudsling me. If the probe finds me innocent, I will go and slap the mouths of these people,'' he said.

^ the probe, btw, found him guilty, to which he responded to with...

Khattiya yesterday refused to accept the panel's decision and did not sign to acknowledge the report, insisting he had done nothing wrong. He also warned the PAD against staging its rally on Sunday. It would encounter rocket-propelled grenades and many people would die if it did not cancel its plan
Chairman of the Activist Group for Human Rights and Freedom filed a complaint against Army Major-General Kattiya Sawasdiphol for his infringement upon freedom rights and threat attempts to induce fear.
A maverick Thai general who has threatened to bomb anti-government protesters and drop snakes on them from helicopters

personaly speaking , i think he is a nice guys ,

uhmmm... if you say so... :o

redshirtlunatic.jpg

"I would like to say that anyone wanting to join the rally should reserve a temple for his or her own funeral," Kattiya said. "Being united, you will be slain in group."
He said the bomb attack inside the Government House early Thursday would not be the last one but PAD opponents would launch bomb attacks against it every night.
"In the future, the PAD may be attacked with RPG rockets, M-79 grenades," Kattiya said.
"The Army Chief does not have time to read papers. He probably believes the flattering people who mudsling me. If the probe finds me innocent, I will go and slap the mouths of these people,'' he said.

^ the probe, btw, found him guilty, to which he responded to with...

Khattiya yesterday refused to accept the panel's decision and did not sign to acknowledge the report, insisting he had done nothing wrong. He also warned the PAD against staging its rally on Sunday. It would encounter rocket-propelled grenades and many people would die if it did not cancel its plan
Chairman of the Activist Group for Human Rights and Freedom filed a complaint against Army Major-General Kattiya Sawasdiphol for his infringement upon freedom rights and threat attempts to induce fear.
A maverick Thai general who has threatened to bomb anti-government protesters and drop snakes on them from helicopters

cute photo you got there ,

cherry picking Quote , be it he is right or wrong . time will tell .

Would you please share some other quotes of his then, preferably but not necessarily, from your personal relationship with him?

Edited by sriracha john

:o i am sure you had Quoted him enough from all the cherry picked line.

some sound logical to me as i had military training before while i am in singapore.

i heard some of the news report also .. and what he said is not totlaly rubbish .

he maybe a rough man in your view. but what he say about is really common understanding on weapon .. and when such attack come people die in group cos the effect is speard the closer you are the heavier the damge done on a target .

- to be frank . is fun to make fun of people be it small or big , but when reality come .

only those who suffer and is there can tell you the pain .

while i am not supporting any party .

my meeting with him had turn out very fine , and i seen alot of people who respect this guys for is simple and direct talk .

he may not be the best guy on the block , but i am sure he is frank to some extent .

hope you have a nice day .

At the end of the DAYS , who ever win THAILAND LOSE

some sound logical to me as i had military training before while i am in singapore.

So have I, but I must have missed the training exercise whereby we dropped snakes on people from helicopters.

he maybe a rough man in your view.

In light of several of his statements, in my view, he's a mentally imbalanced, rough man.

The fellow is good at PR. Whatever he's done he's achieved 2 things;

1. He's made himself known and,

2. He's scared the crap out of some people. I doubt any of the people calling him crazy would dare to do it to his face. :D

I sense a movie in the making. Sort of a cross between the John Wayne war films thaied up with an Ong Bak twist. This is the kind of guy who would go through soi Cowboy snapping limbs and terrifying farang yobs.

I like him. Maybe his masculinity and personality intimidates the farangs that are so used to bossing around Thais? :o