Overstay Need Advise

Hi All,

We will be in Thailand from 16 january until 19 february included...

so i have 5 days in overtstay... my wife is thai national no problem for she... but for me and my son (baby one year half) i m a few confused

I have read on the board that we can pay the overstay fine at arrival at the airport

What is the best solution :

- Pay the fine at the arrival for me and my son for 2 * 5000 bht

- Asking in my resident country at the thai embassy for a tourrist visa from 16/01 until 19/02 for me and my son

I would like avoid a red stamp or something that can affect a future visa request...

I thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Edited by trackx

Your son will have no problems, overstay is waived for those under 15 (check the age but it's well over 1.5). It would be a good idea to get him a Thai passport sometime soon.

It is never wise to plan an overstay, why not get a tourist visa from a consulate/embassy in your home country, 60 day permit to stay problem solved. usually takes a few days.

OR

Plan a border run during your stay and get another 30 days. NOTE that is is possible that your airline may not let you board if you don't have air travel out within 30 days or a visa.

Thanks Crossy for your answer

2 years ago i have only 1 days overstay no problem but it was only one day

But this times 5 days and one baby

I prefer the security I will ask my wife to call tomorrow the thai embassy in bruxelles for working hour and for the documents required... i think is the best like that... i don't want to be in a black list for the future request of visa application

For the thai visa for my son we planed to do that...

We hope that all problem will be resolved in peacefull in thailand... and the thai people live together in peace and forget all political problem

Thanks a lot for your answer

We have call thai embasssy it takes only 2 hours to do the visas... and the embassy is only about 45 minutes by car from my home...

We will go next week

Thanks a lot for your advise without that we will have strong problem the day of the departure

Best regards

Edited by trackx