Take Away On Koh Samui

rigon

Hello, I'm quite new on the island and sometimes (often) too lazy to go out for dinner after work. Could you recommend descent take aways, where you can order in English, where you have an English menu (online or to pick up). The only one I found so far is Kush (Indian), which I was really happy with. Thanks a lot.

Hello, I'm quite new on the island and sometimes (often) too lazy to go out for dinner after work. Could you recommend descent take aways, where you can order in English, where you have an English menu (online or to pick up). The only one I found so far is Kush (Indian), which I was really happy with. Thanks a lot.

You were really happy with kush, were you? :o

Come on snake, it´s not working. :D

I'm happy with Kush too!

Your profile say you are from kpg. Do kush deleiver there also? :o . In that case i bet you are happy, that would be very impressive!

I WAS HAPPY WITH KUSH AND I HAD A TAKE AWAY AND ATE AT THE PLACE ,I'M NOT ON KPG AND NOT THE SNAKE ,BUT AM A HAPPY CUSTOMER .

MAYBE THEY COULD COOK UP SOME SAURKURALT FOR YOU MAT OR GERMAN SAUSAGE MIGHT BE MORE TO YOUR TASTE

EXCUSE THE SPELLING NOT THAT WELL EDUCATED BUT KNOW MY FOOD

Guys, I'm on Samui for not even one month, have never been to Kush, nor met one of them. I just asked kindly for some advices on other take-aways. And mentioned, that I was quite happy with Kush. No need to get paranoid. Still would appreciate your recommendations.

I'm Austrian, by the way. Don't trust German kitchen! :-)

quote name='rigon' date='2008-12-03 21:56:16' post='2381156']

Guys, I'm on Samui for not even one month, have never been to Kush, nor met one of them. I just asked kindly for some advices on other take-aways. And mentioned, that I was quite happy with Kush. No need to get paranoid. Still would appreciate your recommendations.

Don't trust Austrians either :o

Hey, didnt mean to be rude. If you were a regular poster here you´d know that kush did quite the advertising-campain and got stopped by mods. So, a newbie with one post is little suspect. To answer your question, take away i think you can get in most places. If you are talking about delivered to your home the options are not that many. You have mcdonalds and pizzahut and all that off course. Austrian stuff they have pretty ok (from what i can tell, not being austrian) in Tams café on the ringroad, just after laemdin cross. She will pack it in a box for you if you want to take it home. Don´t have there nr, but if you get it the first time im sure you can call and order your stuff before you go there. Bophutbob: You need to find a botton on your com that says "caps lock" and press it ones. Look at the left side of the keyboard.

I'm happy with Kush too!

Your profile say you are from kpg. Do kush deleiver there also? :o . In that case i bet you are happy, that would be very impressive!

I didn't talk about delivery, just been a couple of times there (there is a ferry Phangan-Samui) and feel satisfied.

I'm happy with Kush too!

I WAS HAPPY WITH KUSH AND I HAD A TAKE AWAY AND ATE AT THE PLACE ,I'M NOT ON KPG AND NOT THE SNAKE ,BUT AM A HAPPY CUSTOMER .

MAYBE THEY COULD COOK UP SOME SAURKURALT FOR YOU MAT OR GERMAN SAUSAGE MIGHT BE MORE TO YOUR TASTE

EXCUSE THE SPELLING NOT THAT WELL EDUCATED BUT KNOW MY FOOD

No need to shout Bob.. :D

I like Kush too..

Anyway, where else ??

Pizza Company, Mcdonalds, Burger King for sure but am struggling wiht others..

Didn't someone recently try to copy the Delivery Service that they have in BKK & tested here but to no avail or am i imagining it ??

Edited by MSingh

Fish & Chips in Bang Rak is always worth a try

i would have to say Kush is the best Indian outlet on Koh Samui by far, and there friday night buffet is spot on and excellent value for money....

the only delivery service i use on samui is

1) Kush

2) Mcdonalds

3) Burger King

I picked up the new Catcandoo take away menu last week from the Bangrak bar opposite the Seatran ferry pier. They also deliver for I think 30 baht. They do the best pizza and ribs Ive had since being on Samui and the new chicken burger is a meal and a half, you can call and order in English as well. It was a life saver when it was lashing down last wek and didnt want to go out and get soaked :o Very reasonalbly priced as well as well If you are passing grab a menu or try calling and see if they will deliver one ? He is starting a steak menu soon as well. :D

Has the Catcandoo,moved out of Green Mango,and still run by Jay Fox,an American,or is this a new bar just opened with the same name???.

Same owner Jay, Catcandoo in Bangrak is there already for a few years......

Open for lunch aswell or only evenings?

Hi all, They will deliver from 11am to 10pm every day. They will deliver to the Bangrak, Chongmon and Maenam areas only at the moment due to getting the food to you hot. The delivery charge is 30 baht with a minimum order of 300 baht. They will deliver you a menu for the 30 baht. I dont know if I can post the rder number, so wont till maybe a mod can clarify, but if anybody wants it they can PM me. It is the same guy that has the green mango one. He makes his own pizza dogh every day and Ive had less meat on some steaks Ive had on Samui than you get on his ribs. My favorite order is the 2 full rack of ribs, BBQ beans, coleslaw and fries :o

Mattias you are so paranoid!!! this is me!!! just got a phone call to alert me to this thread...well first up i am happy with the way the kush service is going and happy with the feed back from our customers....PM me you email address and i will send a larger file for our new menu...

And also the mods did not stop our advertising campaign....it will be back on TV over the weekend....We simply stopped as it was too expensive....but we have now chopped and changed our advertising budget and changed now to a new menu which will focus more on home delivery...now we are ready to come back to TV.

Anyone who has had our food and comments good or bad then that is ok (i want to know) but there is quiet a few people out there who say ..i have heard....to be honest i only prefer feedback or postings from people who have ate our food.

great thread!!!! i would also recommend Subway for sunday morning snacks...they chareg +30b for delivering

post-48367-1228380021_thumb.jpg

post-48367-1228380036_thumb.jpg

Hi all, They will deliver from 11am to 10pm every day. They will deliver to the Bangrak, Chongmon and Maenam areas only at the moment due to getting the food to you hot. The delivery charge is 30 baht with a minimum order of 300 baht. They will deliver you a menu for the 30 baht. I dont know if I can post the rder number, so wont till maybe a mod can clarify, but if anybody wants it they can PM me. It is the same guy that has the green mango one. He makes his own pizza dogh every day and Ive had less meat on some steaks Ive had on Samui than you get on his ribs. My favorite order is the 2 full rack of ribs, BBQ beans, coleslaw and fries :o

Thx for the info. My question was more if it is possible to go there and have the delicios ribs also around lunch time? I´m not eating lunch at home, i like to enjoy it out, but many good restaurants in ban rak, fishermans village, dont open til 5. How about this place?

And more exact position. Where in ban rak is it. Took a drive today but didnt see it?

Thx.

Catcantoo opens in the morning so yes, you should be able to have ribs at lunchtime. Also has a jug of Chang draught at 99 baht all the time.

It is opposite the new pier, near the airport turn off.

Ohh, i think i saw the sign for the draught chang on the road. Never realized they had quality food. I might try that already tommorow then. Thx for the tips.

if so how come....you give in one post such controversial shots...?

ah' well, come on give kush a little push, push, push....sorry but this was a tad bit obvious!

What the heck is wrong with Bratwurst, Hoax'n, mashed Taties, Sauerkraut, Schnitzel, Bretz'n, Roadi and a fresh draft Stein a Festbier?

The spirits of the german wehrmacht are guarding this treasure for ever! :o

Just a quick heads up for those looking for a good, delivered take away. Jay has put the menu on the catcandoo website so you ca go online and choose then sit back and await. There is also a roast beef baguette coming soon. Im looking forward to that one :o

Just a quick heads up for those looking for a good, delivered take away. Jay has put the menu on the catcandoo website so you ca go online and choose then sit back and await. There is also a roast beef baguette coming soon. Im looking forward to that one :D

On an island where Internet service is so erratic you may be waiting a long time before they even see your order. Do they give some kind of order confirmation so you know that a real person received the order and that it will be delievered?

Unless it's a website set up specifically for food delivery, I've always felt a little unsure about using a restaurant's website to order. Can they really monitor it constantly? If I place an order at 19:30, I want them to see my order within a couple minutes, not 30-60 minutes later - or even a week later. :o

Just a quick heads up for those looking for a good, delivered take away. Jay has put the menu on the catcandoo website so you ca go online and choose then sit back and await. There is also a roast beef baguette coming soon. Im looking forward to that one :D

On an island where Internet service is so erratic you may be waiting a long time before they even see your order. Do they give some kind of order confirmation so you know that a real person received the order and that it will be delievered?

Unless it's a website set up specifically for food delivery, I've always felt a little unsure about using a restaurant's website to order. Can they really monitor it constantly? If I place an order at 19:30, I want them to see my order within a couple minutes, not 30-60 minutes later - or even a week later. :o

Probably takes a week to deliver to China.

greensmilies-024.gif

Landhaus Austrian restaurant, Lamai.

Michael will box it up for you, ready to take away. But best to eat in the restaurant.

Edited by mistresserika

Probably takes a week to deliver to China.

greensmilies-024.gif

Poorsucker or is it blind ^&*ker :D at no point in my post did I say you could order online ? The menu is posted online and so is the telephone number to order your food. I didnt post the number as I wasnt sure whether it was allowed but somebody asked if I could post the menu ? You call the number and speak English to the girl and tell her what you want. Same as macdonalds and pizza hut etc and its deliered very quicky even when its pouring down with rain. And Jay said he could probably get your order to China in less than 24 hours if the order was over 500 baht and you paid for the airfair :D

i would have to say Kush is the best Indian outlet on Koh Samui by far, and there friday night buffet is spot on and excellent value for money....

the only delivery service i use on samui is

1) Kush

2) Mcdonalds

3) Burger King

Kush might be a great place but putting them on a list of 3 along with McDonalds and Burger King seems like damnation by faint praise.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Mattias you are so paranoid!!! this is me!!! just got a phone call to alert me to this thread...well first up i am happy with the way the kush service is going and happy with the feed back from our customers....PM me you email address and i will send a larger file for our new menu...

And also the mods did not stop our advertising campaign....it will be back on TV over the weekend....We simply stopped as it was too expensive....but we have now chopped and changed our advertising budget and changed now to a new menu which will focus more on home delivery...now we are ready to come back to TV.

Anyone who has had our food and comments good or bad then that is ok (i want to know) but there is quiet a few people out there who say ..i have heard....to be honest i only prefer feedback or postings from people who have ate our food.

great thread!!!! i would also recommend Subway for sunday morning snacks...they chareg +30b for delivering

How late do you guys deliver? Your answer if important, if I can get channa masala and vegetable korma delivered to the Springer Pub at 1 AM then I can retire. Extra points if you can deliver a couple of bottles of Chimay Blue as well.