Bit Of Research

MJP

We bought a BWW Xmoto last year, we ride a Xcountry also, and comparing the BMW with anything available from the Japanese four in the same price range is just nothing comparable.

Personal I see the Kawasaki D-tracker as competition to the Suzuki DZ-R400, and the BMW is way ahead of them... at road handling.... when 120km/h on a Suzuki or Kawasaki feels like 200km/h on a supersport... my g/f can go 160km/h on her Xmoto without a problem.... On the road business and the adventures touring (semi-off-road-but-not-really) BMW takes the lead....

......And please explain why the new American president will not do business with one of the worlds biggest PICKUP markets, not forget that Thailand sends out a huge amount of products the USA automotive industry depends on, of course Obama can always say became we now not respect our previous trade agreements your cars will be 20% higher in price... (plus America will lose it's only country with influence in S-E Asia).

Matter of fact business doing business with the USA from Thailand expect that after the handover, the Thai-USA trade will pickup.... I belief that the company I work for spent a large amount of money on studies of the effect if this current elected president became president. To this the production for the US market went up, European market production went down......

We bought a BWW Xmoto last year, we ride a Xcountry also, and comparing the BMW with anything available from the Japanese four in the same price range is just nothing comparable.

Personal I see the Kawasaki D-tracker as competition to the Suzuki DZ-R400, and the BMW is way ahead of them... at road handling.... when 120km/h on a Suzuki or Kawasaki feels like 200km/h on a supersport... my g/f can go 160km/h on her Xmoto without a problem.... On the road business and the adventures touring (semi-off-road-but-not-really) BMW takes the lead....

......And please explain why the new American president will not do business with one of the worlds biggest PICKUP markets, not forget that Thailand sends out a huge amount of products the USA automotive industry depends on, of course Obama can always say became we now not respect our previous trade agreements your cars will be 20% higher in price... (plus America will lose it's only country with influence in S-E Asia).

Matter of fact business doing business with the USA from Thailand expect that after the handover, the Thai-USA trade will pickup.... I belief that the company I work for spent a large amount of money on studies of the effect if this current elected president became president. To this the production for the US market went up, European market production went down......

US is going protectionist. Just look at GM/Ford etc. They now realise that off-shoring was the worst possible thing for them to do. Whilst countries like the UK will vacillate and oscillate and do nothing about it, the US will be pro-active at sorting out what is the core problem with their economy.

It won't stop doing business with Thailand, but the preferential FTA's won't be on the table for 2010.

Just my opinion.

Hi all, hi MJP,

I want to make it clear: I never bought a Kawy ER6N made in Thailand at the price of 280 KB... So, please everybody, don't ask me anything about this bike: I know nothing about it and furthermore I HATE IT!

I just bought a brand new Yamaha FZ6 Fazer made in Japan, for 447 KB. This one, yes, I do know and if necessary I can answer your question... :D

IMHO in Thailand, Benz, BMW and Lexus cars are supposed to give a "bright social status" to the owners. It's not yet the case for the big bikes...

About mocyc.com or thaisecondhand.com, or any particular seller or shop, I'd like to second Pikey: up to the buyer to make its own choice. And, please, don't guess ALL THE BIKES in LOS are wrong regards plate/green book. IMHO there are some good purchases that can be done, but for sure a XJR 1300 for 100 KB, don't dream too much about plate/green book...

DON'T BE SCARED BUT BE AWARE of what you can get! True green book, "true" fake green book, fake green book or no green book? Up to the buyer!.. If needed, ask to someone who "knows what to watch first": it is not granted, but it may avoid you some troubles later...

As says Pikey, a "true" fake green book (all the specs same the bike ones: numbers, color, etc) will not actually give any problem. Problems may occur with frame/engine re-stamped or any spec in the book not in accordance with the bike ones.

Well, it could be spoken hours and hours about this... and it has already be done a lot for sure!

I'd like just to add, IMHO, the laws will be enforced in the next years (not a fact, just a feeling through what I hear and see here and there: just look first at the helmet mess for now). And if I am allowed to give an advice, it would be: please, don't play with fire...

:o

Cheers,

Gobs

Hi all, hi MJP,

I want to make it clear: I never bought a Kawy ER6N made in Thailand at the price of 280 KB... So, please everybody, don't ask me anything about this bike: I know nothing about it and furthermore I HATE IT!

I just bought a brand new Yamaha FZ6 Fazer made in Japan, for 447 KB. This one, yes, I do know and if necessary I can answer your question... :D

IMHO in Thailand, Benz, BMW and Lexus cars are supposed to give a "bright social status" to the owners. It's not yet the case for the big bikes...

About mocyc.com or thaisecondhand.com, or any particular seller or shop, I'd like to second Pikey: up to the buyer to make its own choice. And, please, don't guess ALL THE BIKES in LOS are wrong regards plate/green book. IMHO there are some good purchases that can be done, but for sure a XJR 1300 for 100 KB, don't dream too much about plate/green book...

DON'T BE SCARED BUT BE AWARE of what you can get! True green book, "true" fake green book, fake green book or no green book? Up to the buyer!.. If needed, ask to someone who "knows what to watch first": it is not granted, but it may avoid you some troubles later...

As says Pikey, a "true" fake green book (all the specs same the bike ones: numbers, color, etc) will not actually give any problem. Problems may occur with frame/engine re-stamped or any spec in the book not in accordance with the bike ones.

Well, it could be spoken hours and hours about this... and it has already be done a lot for sure!

I'd like just to add, IMHO, the laws will be enforced in the next years (not a fact, just a feeling through what I hear and see here and there: just look first at the helmet mess for now). And if I am allowed to give an advice, it would be: please, don't play with fire...

Cheers,

Gobs

Gobs,

Any chance you come across a decent sized bike in 2009 with all the necessary for around 200,000, give me a shout mate.

Cheers

Mike

Hi all, hi MJP,

Cheers,

Gobs

Gobs,

Any chance you come across a decent sized bike in 2009 with all the necessary for around 200,000, give me a shout mate.

Cheers

Mike

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...1300-13421.html

@LivinginLOS

Sorry to say that you need to wait a bit longer for your 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n, current production is all already planned until March and nothing with a Thai sticker on it. Maybe the planning boys find another way to increase production...otherwise you need to wait until March....

Richard- do you work for Kawasaki? Probably you can't say, but I do have to wonder where you get your inside info and I think you have been known to make mistakes every once in a while. :o

The folks at Kawasaki HQ in BKK are still saying the ER-6N will launch here in January '09. Estimated price will be ~280,000THB

I sure hope it goes on sale soon! Love my little Ninja, but would love to get the additional horsepower of the ER-6N for serious sport touring.

Otherwise I'll get a Yamaha FZ6; I adore the bike but I'm not happy about the 447,000THB price...

Happy Trails!

@LivinginLOS

Sorry to say that you need to wait a bit longer for your 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n, current production is all already planned until March and nothing with a Thai sticker on it. Maybe the planning boys find another way to increase production...otherwise you need to wait until March....

Richard- do you work for Kawasaki? Probably you can't say, but I do have to wonder where you get your inside info and I think you have been known to make mistakes every once in a while. :o

The folks at Kawasaki HQ in BKK are still saying the ER-6N will launch here in January '09. Estimated price will be ~280,000THB

I sure hope it goes on sale soon! Love my little Ninja, but would love to get the additional horsepower of the ER-6N for serious sport touring.

Otherwise I'll get a Yamaha FZ6; I adore the bike but I'm not happy about the 447,000THB price...

Happy Trails!

Indeed I can't say BigBikeBKK,

But trust me, I have more inside in the Thai Kawasaki business then anybody in the world, getting ER-6n's on the Thai market is something as impossible, The factory is running hardly keeping up with the European market demand.. Therefore the 'experimental' Thai market has to wait. I belief that Kawasaki also wants to see what Honda is going to introduce. As the Southeast Asian manager told the press in India that Honda would introduce a full motorcycle line until 800cc in Southeast Asia...

The clearly spoken 800cc has some in the engine designing worried, there where rumors for some time that Honda was working on a MotoGP road legal CBR800RR...

So for some time I’m working on a project what is called Octo-Probo-800, in this project I try to use as much current available affordable technology to create a racing capable performance engine, with a displacement of 798,9cc…. And of course the design has to be road legal, and with very good fuel economics and have course a good live expectancy.

@LivinginLOS

Happy Trails!

Indeed I can't say BigBikeBKK,

But trust me, I have more inside in the Thai Kawasaki business then anybody in the world, getting ER-6n's on the Thai market is something as impossible, The factory is running hardly keeping up with the European market demand.. Therefore the 'experimental' Thai market has to wait. I belief that Kawasaki also wants to see what Honda is going to introduce. As the Southeast Asian manager told the press in India that Honda would introduce a full motorcycle line until 800cc in Southeast Asia...

The clearly spoken 800cc has some in the engine designing worried, there where rumors for some time that Honda was working on a MotoGP road legal CBR800RR...

So for some time I'm working on a project what is called Octo-Probo-800, in this project I try to use as much current available affordable technology to create a racing capable performance engine, with a displacement of 798,9cc…. And of course the design has to be road legal, and with very good fuel economics and have course a good live expectancy.

That Honda VFR800 is an great looking machine.

Wow . . . they can't keep up with European demand? Just goes to show, even in a big recession people refuse to give up what really matters . . . motorbikes!

Please point out my mistakes I made.... please read all may postings back.... people now buying 250cc called me crazy or worse when I said the Thai government was changing the 200cc law.... They did... or I'm wrong?

As I reported, the introduction of the Kawasaki EX250J went as planned, but not expected was the order intake from the European market, which was higher then expected. As the Thai Ninja 250R was link to the European market, it was on hold.....

Currently, I look what Kawasaki production and planning says, and leave marketing for what ever they want to say.... Considering the high amount of orders from Europe we can expect a similar problems when they where introducing the Ninja 250R for the ER-6N

Please point out my mistakes I made.... please read all may postings back.... people now buying 250cc called me crazy or worse when I said the Thai government was changing the 200cc law.... They did... or I'm wrong?

As I reported, the introduction of the Kawasaki EX250J went as planned, but not expected was the order intake from the European market, which was higher then expected. As the Thai Ninja 250R was link to the European market, it was on hold.....

Currently, I look what Kawasaki production and planning says, and leave marketing for what ever they want to say.... Considering the high amount of orders from Europe we can expect a similar problems when they where introducing the Ninja 250R for the ER-6N

You lucky ba$tard! You work in something you love. Few ever get that chance or have the balls to do it.

I work with sub-standard mud. :o

I know what you mean BigBikeBKK...

I WAS not happy giving 447 KB (a lot of money) to get the FZ6F to Mister Yamaha, but my heart was beating strong for it. And NOW I'm very happy to ride it and my heart is STILL beating strong!

On the other hand, I know I NEVER should have been (is it right this spelling?) happy giving 300 KB (an other lot of money) to Mr Kawazaki to get the ER6N, because with it my heart beats down...

I mean that to spend hundreds of KB I have to "feel very happy" with the purchase... For these amounts of money, I don't want to make a choice "by default".

In my point of view there is no contest between the 2 bikes. They are not the same machines. They don't target the same market segment... And I understand the pros and the cons about the two bikes.

Just for the notice, in France, the FZ6F is priced at 7200 Euros or about 330 KB... If I remember well, the VAT is 33% on the motorbikes in France...

If an American here, what's the price in the USA? I guess less than that...

Cheers,

Gobs

Thanks Crobiker,

7000 $... So, that's about 245 KB, no? Look the difference!.. Not far from half the price!

In LOS, for 250 KB, in this range of bikes you can get a legit 6 or 8 y.o. second hand one...

Cheers,

Gobs

Please point out my mistakes I made....

Hi Richard, I do not mean to offend, everyone makes mistakes... I make mistakes all the time and am happy to admit it when I do. A recent example was your statement that some of the Yamaha big bikes being sold in Thailand are made in India... I don't recall which model(s), but I do certainly recall you making this claim. I'm sorry, but all of the Yamaha big bikes in Thailand are made in JAPAN, not India...

Happy Trails!

Thanks Crobiker,

7000 $... So, that's about 245 KB, no? Look the difference!.. Not far from half the price!

In LOS, for 250 KB, in this range of bikes you can get a legit 6 or 8 y.o. second hand one...

Cheers,

Gobs

And if you go to ebay you see dealers who go for volume advertising brand new 0 miles 08 models for 6000 - 6250 !!

Add 1200 USD shipping (to KL) and ride her in.. Total savings and still having the bike here close to half !! And thats with this strong dollar currently. Even if you then legit legalized it (from incountry not the 'import' hassle) its still a major saving.

Of course in the US they dont sell the N model, looking in UK 3000 - 3500 GBP gets a really clean FZ6N S2 with under 5000 miles.. Thats like 150 - 180k baht !!

Hi all, hi MJP,

Cheers,

Gobs

Gobs,

Cheers

Mike

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...1300-13421.html

Yep, clocked that one. It's perfect for me. Just what I'm looking for. Same lot have a nice 2001 CBR929 with the necessary too for 215,000.

It's not that bad in Thailand, just doesn't quite have the range we'd all love to have.

Still, I'd sooner have a Honda C50 in the happiness of LOS, than an AC Schnitzer BMW set against the dull grey misery of the UK.

Maybe I'm getting confused about where Yamaha makes its motorcycles, I know the FZ1 series is made in Japan. But the YZF-R1 is not available in Japan, the R1 is for Japan a import bike and is not available from Yamaha Japan (Yamaha Japan)

Of course I can make a mistake....

Edited by Richard-BKK

No worry friends, we all make some day a mistake or two... Nobody is perfect! And passion makes us sometimes speaking quicker than reason tells...

At least, we are sufficiently numerous here to correct with courtesy...

Cheers,