Democrats To Form New Coalition Government

jdinasia

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to stay away from the won/lost comments and keep it more simple. The Democrats are being given an opportunity to bring this country together AND put to rest their poor reputation in the northeast. I hate to say it, but Newin is right. If they kill the northeast with kindness, these people will not only think of Thaksin as their savior.

The trick is how to do it.

While Newin was referring to pouring money into the northeast, the more important issue is dealing with the mountain of debt that is suffocating the people upcountry. This debt was created during Thaksin's easy credit administration, after he forgave the debt they previously had incurred freeing them up to buy new motorcycles, mobile phones etc. He did this to spur on the economy through consumer spending.

However, with Thailand's export markets declining, coupled with the recent political problems, the only out for Thailand from an economic standpoint is to stress domestic (private) investment and consumption and this is going to be very, very difficult without again providing easy credit.

well easy credits for mobile phones as the solution for the economic crises and the heart of the Isaan people :o

Pheu Thai now calling for a national govt

By Naya Jaikawang

The Nation

Published on December 10, 2008

Pheu Thai Party has changed its stance and decided to push for a national government, claiming no other administration could solve the country's woes.

It has given the job of lobbying other coalition parties to Pracharaj Party leader Snoh Thienthong.

Pheu Thai deputy leader Kanawat Wasinsungworn, secretary-general Sunee Lueangwichit and Chiang Mai MP Surapong Towijakchaikul held a joint press conference to announce this decision yesterday.

Surapong said: "The party has agreed to let Snoh coordinate the formation of a new government with other parties. The Democrats will not be left out. This decision has been made to solve the economic and political crises.

"The new prime minister should come from a smaller party, not Pheu Thai or the Democrats. Otherwise, the conflicts will not be solved," Surapong told the press, before adding that Snoh had a Plan B if the idea fell through.

Surapong said the party did not make this decision because it could not find support to take office, but because it realised all sides should get together to solve the country's problems.

At present, he said, the party had 225 MPs, which might be enough to form a government but it would be difficult to make it work.

And while the caretaker PM could dissolve the House, it would not be the answer. Surapong also said he didn't know if former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had okayed the plan for a national government, but said he thought Thaksin would agree with it.

But Lop Buri MP Suchart Lainamngern was more direct. He said Pheu Thai was using this as a strategy to block the Democrats from forming a government.

MPs are expected to vote for a new prime minister on Monday or Tuesday. If Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva does not win, a national government would have to be formed, Suchart said.

However, a source, who asked not to be named, said Pheu Thai had not given up hope of wooing back MPs from the now disbanded People Power Party and 'Friends of Newin' faction. In fact, the party would do anything to find support, even if it meant using connections and calling in favours, the source said.

Surapong also said he didn't know if former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had okayed the plan for a national government, but said he thought Thaksin would agree with it.

This prove again that Thaksin is still in control of the Pheu Thai. And this is making them lose credibility. They still tributary to Thaksin, and do not distancing themselves from a convicted criminal. And as long this will be, its just one manouevre to bring Thaksin back in politics by the back door. As such their proposal to form a national government who prepare an vote buying free and corrupt elections is a good idea, but it has no crediblity as long as Thaksin is involved.

Pheu Thai now calling for a national govt

By Naya Jaikawang

The Nation

Published on December 10, 2008

Pheu Thai Party has changed its stance and decided to push for a national government, claiming no other administration could solve the country's woes.

It has given the job of lobbying other coalition parties to Pracharaj Party leader Snoh Thienthong.

Pheu Thai deputy leader Kanawat Wasinsungworn, secretary-general Sunee Lueangwichit and Chiang Mai MP Surapong Towijakchaikul held a joint press conference to announce this decision yesterday.

Surapong said: "The party has agreed to let Snoh coordinate the formation of a new government with other parties. The Democrats will not be left out. This decision has been made to solve the economic and political crises.

"The new prime minister should come from a smaller party, not Pheu Thai or the Democrats. Otherwise, the conflicts will not be solved," Surapong told the press, before adding that Snoh had a Plan B if the idea fell through.

Surapong said the party did not make this decision because it could not find support to take office, but because it realised all sides should get together to solve the country's problems.

At present, he said, the party had 225 MPs, which might be enough to form a government but it would be difficult to make it work.

And while the caretaker PM could dissolve the House, it would not be the answer. Surapong also said he didn't know if former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had okayed the plan for a national government, but said he thought Thaksin would agree with it.

But Lop Buri MP Suchart Lainamngern was more direct. He said Pheu Thai was using this as a strategy to block the Democrats from forming a government.

MPs are expected to vote for a new prime minister on Monday or Tuesday. If Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva does not win, a national government would have to be formed, Suchart said.

However, a source, who asked not to be named, said Pheu Thai had not given up hope of wooing back MPs from the now disbanded People Power Party and 'Friends of Newin' faction. In fact, the party would do anything to find support, even if it meant using connections and calling in favours, the source said.

This prove again that they have no intention what so ever to end corruption and vote buying. In there opinion Politicians are just prostitutes you can buy.

Spoil Isaan : Newin tells Abhisit

Former foe links up with Democrats as coalition moves gather strength

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has received good advice from former adversary Newin Chidchob: "If you were to dish Bt100 billion into Isaan, pretty soon the Isaan people would forget Thaksin [shinawatra]."

-- The Nation 2008-12-10

I hope Newin does not mean vote buying. However, who know better than TRT banned #5.

The hidden intension of PAD is to rob Isaan, not charity to Isaan. Conflict of interest?

Put it simple.

Isan : win, check last Newin statement

Newin : Big time winner, I don't like to brag but I was right when I called Newin the "PM maker" in an earlier thread.

Democrat : They sold their soul, what they won is not really clear, but when the only thing you can say about your leader is "he is good looking", you can't expect much.

Thaksin : Doesn't look too good for the time being but he's a survivor. I still support the guy ....

I am going to stay away from the won/lost comments and keep it more simple. The Democrats are being given an opportunity to bring this country together AND put to rest their poor reputation in the northeast. I hate to say it, but Newin is right. If they kill the northeast with kindness, these people will not only think of Thaksin as their savior.

While Newin was referring to pouring money into the northeast, the more important issue is dealing with the mountain of debt that is suffocating the people upcountry. This debt was created during Thaksin's easy credit administration, after he forgave the debt they previously had incurred freeing them up to buy new motorcycles, mobile phones etc. He did this to spur on the economy through consumer spending.

However, with Thailand's export markets declining, coupled with the recent political problems, the only out for Thailand from an economic standpoint is to stress domestic (private) investment and consumption and this is going to be very, very difficult without again providing easy credit.

It is very easy to solve problem with Money. The difficult part is finding the Money to solve the problem.

Newin is right, if we pour enough money in Issan, people will forget Thaksin. However, if the money is syphon from other area (say BKK and South), then people from other part (say BKK and South) will not be happy. I am sure these people will not stay quiet.

I remember once, there was a shorty PM. He is very good in pouring money into Suphan. Of cause all the Suphan people love him (even till today). However, people in Bangkok do not like for exactly that (pouring money into Suphan). So, back to Newin advise. If Democrat starting syphoning money into Issan (presumably from BKK), what would the PAD (Sondhi in particular) would say? "Good lad?"

Edited by samgrowth

............edited......

Surapong also said he didn't know if former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had okayed the plan for a national government, but said he thought Thaksin would agree with it.

This prove again that Thaksin is still in control of the Pheu Thai. And this is making them lose credibility. They still tributary to Thaksin, and do not distancing themselves from a convicted criminal. And as long this will be, its just one manouevre to bring Thaksin back in politics by the back door. As such their proposal to form a national government who prepare an vote buying free and corrupt elections is a good idea, but it has no crediblity as long as Thaksin is involved.

and "The Nantion" comes up today with this:

"I do what I am obligated to do because I have to find a way out for Thailand, regardless of my personal feelings," he said explaining why he had distanced his faction from his Pheu Thai allies.

He said it was painful to have to turn down Thaksin's asking him to reaffirm his political loyalty. He still had fond memories of Thaksin's leadership and had no intention of |severing their ties.

"In my mind, Thaksin is always the boss," he said.

He said his faction members were fully braced for any consequences by voting to install Abhisit as premier.

He refused to speculate on the next move of House Speaker Chai Chidchob, arguing that as a son, he was in no position to dictate his father's decision.

full article:

Newins statement should raise some eyebrows, it certainly raised mine...what is this guys real intention, is he a trojan horse?

Edited by Samuian

Spoil Isaan : Newin tells Abhisit

Former foe links up with Democrats as coalition moves gather strength

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has received good advice from former adversary Newin Chidchob: "If you were to dish Bt100 billion into Isaan, pretty soon the Isaan people would forget Thaksin [shinawatra]."

The irony of Thai politics was played out fully at the Siam City Hotel yesterday when Abhisit presented a bouquet of roses to Newin before hugging and shaking hands.

Newin, who has been banned from politics for five years, still musters serious political clout because a faction of 37 MPs from the defunct People Power Party offer a crucial swing vote to catapult Abhisit into the premiership.

In 1995, Newin launched a fierce no-confidence debate that critically brought down the Democrat-led government. And until just recently he had been considered Thaksin's right-hand man.

Newin told Abhisit that if, after assuming the top office, he were to focus on helping people in the Northeast - such as raising the guaranteed price for maize from Bt1.80 to Bt2 per kilo - he would certainly win their hearts.

"If the Democrats can perform in a way that wins over the Isaan people's hearts, the people there would soon forget Thaksin," he reportedly told Abhisit. "Other programmes at the ground level for the Northeast must be clear and tangible. The Isaan people would give the Democrats a chance. The government should stay on for at least two years."

Abhisit now appears to be just a few steps away from taking over as Thailand's 27th prime minister.

Yesterday key leaders of the Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana, Puea Pandin, Matchima Thipataya and Chart Thai Pattana parties met at the Four Seasons Hotel to reaffirm their support for the Democrats to become the core of a new coalition government.

Along with additional support from the Newin faction and other MPs, Democrat Party secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban claimed he already had commitments from 260 MPs, a comfortable margin over the necessary 215. Parliament currently has 428 MPs.

The emergence of a Democrat-led government would deal a big blow to ex-prime minister Thaksin's comeback ambitions. His Pheu Thai Party, a reincarnation of the defunct People Power, looks more fragile than previously. The prospect of Pheu Thai serving in opposition will undermine Thaksin's influence in Parliament, the police and the bureaucracy, which has helped prop up his power.

Sanan Kachornprasart, a leader of the Chart Thai Pattana Party, said the four parties had resolved to stick together and, if they faced problems, would reach a decision together. They had vowed not to steal MPs from each other, he said.

Asked whether Abhisit could not be voted in as PM because he did not pass military conscription, Sanan said if the Democrat had committed any offence he would not have been hired to teach at the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy - or given a military rank.

Leading Democrats, including secretary-general Suthep, and core members of the 'Friends of Newin' faction turned out to witness Abhisit and Newin seal their political deal.

Seen smiling at the event was former Thai Rak Thai executive Anuthin Chanweerakul, son of caretaker Prime Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul. This quelled fears Chaovarat might dissolve the House in order to prevent an Abhisit-led government.

Newin said he had based his shift on four things: hope the Democrats can lift the country out of turmoil, the need to urgently address the plight of the poor, rewrite the charter and uphold the law.

"I want to ensure every Democrat that nothing can make me waver in my stand on the vote for prime minister," he said in reference to intense lobbying efforts for the coalition led by the Pheu Thai Party.

It was no time for games that could fuel further political uncertainty, he noted.

-- The Nation 2008-12-10

Asked whether Abhisit could not be voted in as PM because he did not pass military conscription, Sanan said if the Democrat had committed any offence he would not have been hired to teach at the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy - or given a military rank.

I just give this for what it is. In my country once a minister of defence had never been a conscript, he got an exemption on grounds of conscience, so he perform his civic duty by doing voluntary work. The first thing he did was reforming the army to be an professional army and abolish conscription, because there where too many loopholes to avoid conscription(sounds familiar with LOS).

The UK with almost the same population don't have an army of conscripts, and we all know that its one of the best performing army's in the world.

It is very easy to solve problem with Money. The difficult part is finding the Money to solve the problem.

Newin is right, if we pour enough money in Issan, people will forget Thaksin. However, if the money is syphon from other area (say BKK and South), then people from other part (say BKK and South) will not be happy. I am sure these people will not stay quiet.

I remember once, there was a shorty PM. He is very good in pouring money into Suphan. Of cause all the Suphan people love him (even till today). However, people in Bangkok do not like for exactly that (pouring money into Suphan). So, back to Newin advise. If Democrat starting syphoning money into Issan (presumably from BKK), what would the PAD (Sondhi in particular) would say? "Good lad?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I don't believe the difficult part is finding the money to solve the problem.

The next few years during this recession are going to be very difficult, but IF, and it's a big IF, the taxpayer's money is utilized fairly and distributed to those areas in need, particularly Isaan, and far less ends up in the politicians pockets, then there's a chance that a new government under Abhisit can eventually prove effective.

Under Thaksin vast amounts were siphoned off and ended up in his family's, and his cronies, bank accounts.

JMHO :o

Edited by ratcatcher

No, I don't believe the difficult part is finding the money to solve the problem.

The next few years during this recession are going to be very difficult, but IF, and it's a big IF, the taxpayer's money is utilized fairly and distributed to those areas in need, particularly Isaan, and far less ends up in the politicians pockets, then there's a chance that a new government under Abhisit can eventually prove effective.

Under Thaksin vast amounts were siphoned off and ended up in his family's, and his cronies, bank accounts.

JMHO :o

Every thai governments that i know of spend to their limits. If they can borrow more, they have done that already. There is no more money left in the system without syphoning from other place. Money in Thailand is finite.

The government right now is in no position of increasing tax. In fact, they have been doing the opposite of gain voters favour. Cut in petrol tax, cut in perperties transfer tax, more tax incentive to RMF/LTF, thinking of reducing VAT to 3%. This will do no good for govt coffer. The only way govt could raise tax is SIN TAX (beer, cigarette, bg, bathers, etc), which is not a lot.

By maintain the current tax structure, there will be less money coming next year. More jobless, businesses not doing well, and people spending (VAT) less.

I don't see how the new govt can get pour 100 billion into Issan without upsetting everyone else.

In the west there is vote buying too, its called welfare, the only difference is that its paid out after you vote a party in rather then before, the problem is that that would never work in Thailand because given the choice of 200b now or welfare after you vote a party in they will take the 200b every time.

Just reviewing some of the recent posting on here and I'm getting the message that the police and the army were complicit in the yellow PAD faschist , illegal occupation of the airport, so stood back.

However if the reds were to similarly occupy the airport in protest at their grievances, they are to be wiped out by the police and army.

And as that does seem like a fair assessment.. No one wonders WHY the 'rural' Reds feel like downtrodden and ruled from above by a group that doesnt have thier interests.. Is there any way to create more division in this society than sending these clear signals ??

I dislike Tacky, but I dislike the PAD even more..

Also, there were plenty of Army to ensure the Puppet Coup Court could disband the PPP last week.

The begining of something is this. Certainly not the end.

Militias forming in the North! A sheep coming to the helm in Abhisit and if the PAD want to see a puppet, they could do no better than watch this sap take his orders from the Army and "educated" hi-so's,

Isaan Democrat Party AbhisitAVejjajivajjajivasIsaneecIsand good achecNewint NewinrstaNewintyNewinhobhidchob: "If you were to dish Bt100 billioIsaano Isaan, prettNewindaNewinsaan people would ThaksinThShinawatranawatra]."

-- The Nation 2008-12-10

Newine Newin does not mean vote buying. However, who know better than TRT banned #5.

The intensiontension of PADexpectThaksinaThaksin charIsaano Isaan. Conflict of interest?

Put it sIsane.

Isan : win, checNewint Newin staNewint

Newin : Big time winner, I don't like to brag but I was right when I Newind Newin theThaksinker" in an earlier thread.

Democrat : They sold their sNewinwhat they won is not really clear, but when the only thing yoimportanNewinue your leader is "he is good looking", you can't expectThaksin

Thaksin : Doesn't look deThaksincreated time beThaksin'se's a survivor. I still suppoafNewineuy ....

right. If they kill the northeast with kindness, these people will not only think of Thaksin as their savior.

While Newin was referrinThaksin'ssng money into the northeast, the more importanNewinue is dealing with the mountain of debt that is suffocating the people upcountry. This deThaksincreated during Thaksin's easy credit administration, afNewine forgave the debt they previously had incurred freeing them up to buy new motorcycles, mobile phones etc. He did this to spur on the economy through consumer spending.

However, with Thaksin'ss export markets declining, coupled withIsan recent political problems, the only out for Thailand from an economic standpoint is to stress domestic (private) investment and consumption and this is going to be Isan, very difficult without again providing easy credit.

Just pouring the money into Isan and North is IMHO not the correct way. Modernizing the agriculture and invest money for that is a better idea. Because the productivity and profits in Isan farming is far to low. While in the industrialized western countries the farmers become more and more managers with an degree in agriculture and management, in Isan and North they still work as they did 40 years ago, they must reform agriculture, otherwise it will the agro-businesses like PC chicken who put the farmers out of the market. In fact Isan depends too much on the production of rice, therefore they must diversify. Produce other crops who have an higher profit, beef and dairy production of high quality produced by modern techniques. Co-operatives of farmers should build new slaughter houses who meet the EEC quality standards, and take also the distribution and manufacturing of derivates from fruit, vegetables, beef and seafood products in their own hands. Also the farming co-operatives must establish computerized auction vegetable and fish markets. So those profits also

remain in their hands

This will create jobs and prosperity

The farmers can't take this in their own hands alone, so the government should support this co-operatives financially and by Know-how. Its also the task of the government to explore new export markets for the agriculture and seafood products. And the markets are their, but regrettably at this moment in many cases the agriculture, beef and seafood products don't meet the quality standards needed for the export markets.

At this moment Thailand is one of the main exporters together with Brazil)in the world for chicken products and this is all in the hands of only one company (PC chicken). You can find their products in almost every EU supermarket chain.

Because, we can like it or not the small farmers with only a few pady fields have no future. They will get poorer and poorer and therefore an easy victim for populists like Thaksin.

That's where the challenge is for a new government. Present a plan to the farmers in Isan and North that will give them the tools to progress and have a better future for them and their children. Tell them franckly and in all honesty that it wil take time to establish it. Convince them that such a plan is much better idea than the hand outs who only benefit a very very short time and don't improve their future at all, on the contrary. Tell them to take their future in their own hands and if they do so the government wil be there to support them doing so, and this a far better option than to believe some miracle worker who promisses golden mountains and giving hand outs like they where beggars. convince them that the future is yours, but you have to work for it by yourself, and we will be there to help you. Create good jobs for your children at home, so they don't have to leave to find a job far away from home, or prostitute themselves in Pattaya or Pat-pong road.

Thailand is a country who have a lot of oppertunity's, to become a good place to live in for the people. So stop bickering and playing political games, but start to work to improve the live of the public. If not, the country will glide away to anarchy and poverty each day more and more.

This is only a personal view of an Farang who was and is upset when he travelled arround in Isan and North and when he leaves the tourist tracks, he saw the blatant poverty in the small villages all around. Those people deserve much better.

I realize most people, if given a choice, would like to have money dumped in their laps (Issan folks, as well as others). Better would be to fund programs which educate them on smarter ways to make and save money.

Example, all poor Thais I know will buy brand new things (mobile phones, motorbikes) without hesitation. There seems to be an unmentioned taboo in Thailand about buying 2nd hand. Perhaps, with such a superstitious lot, they all think 2nd hand carries the ghost or vibes of whomever owned it before. So even the dirt-poorest folks will opt for a brand new Honda motorbike if given a half a chance of getting one. What they don't fathom is, with monthly payments + %, they wind up paying two to three times the purchase price - if they can afford to complete the payments. Meanwhile, they're skimping on food and fuel and other essentials - kids are malnourished, sometimes family members shiver all night for lack of blankets, etc etc. - all so elder sibling and/or parents can get the shiniest new motorbikes and mobile phones, because anything less would be a loss of face with neighbors.

Funding could also be allocated to programs which teach better money-making skills to the disadvantaged. Such things would be much better - then simply dishing out funds to village headmen - as TRT / PPP did for years - mostly to keep those votes coming in for their side. It's the "give a person a basket of fish, or give them the knowledge and tools to become fishermen" - sort of concept.

Ok, maybe not a Trojan Horse, but how 'bout this? Newin was banned from running for office for 5 years in 2006. It is now nearly 2009, he is nearly 3 years into the ban. Technically, in two years, unless I got something wrong, he could run for PM himself, especially if he plays any kind of concilliatory role in bringing Thailand away from the brink?? Maybe would not work if too many disenfranchised PPP folks look at it differently, but if he brings Isaan with him, could be? What does anyone think?

Ok, maybe not a Trojan Horse, but how 'bout this? Newin was banned from running for office for 5 years in 2006. It is now nearly 2009, he is nearly 3 years into the ban. Technically, in two years, unless I got something wrong, he could run for PM himself, especially if he plays any kind of concilliatory role in bringing Thailand away from the brink?? Maybe would not work if too many disenfranchised PPP folks look at it differently, but if he brings Isaan with him, could be? What does anyone think?

What's about that he's still closely related to Thaksin?!

Thaksin may see that "his" parties wouldn't make it now but he need to keep some control and here Newin could enter the "game"! And in case of "emergency" Newin can change his mind and support and ask the Question of Confidence in the Parliment and that's is it!

Don't forget that Newin was telling openly in an Interview that he still is a close alley of thaksin, even if he "supports" the Democrats!

Cheers.

You guys have far to much time on your hands.
Of course we do, j! Wait until those retirement checks come streaming in and you run out of tunes to play. You may be out-typing all of us. :o

On a more serious note, can we stop arguing who killed the most political opponents this year, since it tends to be off topic, at least in this thread?

Chai says no House dissolution during extra parliamentary session

Parliament President Chai Chidchob said the caretaker prime minister has no justification to dissolve the House after a royal command is signed to convene an extraordinary parliamentary session.

Chai was commenting on speculation that caretaker prime minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul of the Pheu Thai party would dissolve the House to prevent the Democrat from winning the post of prime minister.

Chai said although the laws permit the caretaker prime minister to dissolve the House, no caretaker prime minister would do it once the royal command has come forth.

Chai said His Majesty has not yet handed down a royal command to open the special session for MPs to elect the prime minister.

Once the royal command comes forth, he will inform MPs to attend a meeting within three days, Chai said.

The Nation

Thaksin may see that "his" parties wouldn't make it now but he need to keep some control and here Newin could enter the "game"! And in case of "emergency" Newin can change his mind and support and ask the Question of Confidence in the Parliment and that's is it!

Don't forget that Newin was telling openly in an Interview that he still is a close alley of thaksin, even if he "supports" the Democrats!

Cheers.

Well you think too difficult....I never saw some difficult masterplan from the Thaksin side. Just obvious show of power.....

Well you think too difficult....I never saw some difficult masterplan from the Thaksin side. Just obvious show of power.....

Newin will maintain the swing vote in the coalition, what greater power to tame the Dems agression, I for one support this scenerio where Taksin can be treated fairly, Sondthi L and PAD idiots can end up doing jail time with Mr T and that moron Prasong Soonsiri can be shipped off to a re-education camp in Laos.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

what a funny.

remember that team of urophagist that recently hold a meditation session called "hiroshima" at the airport? peaceful asphalt & tarmac Camper, cute litte yellow smurfs and a anorexic teletubby as leader. but some people don't get it and that caused lot of noise and disturbance. ohh boy, i tell you, big action, you can google the story. but actually,and not many people know that, they had a mission "support for good people to manage the country and blocking of evil people from coming to power". kinda buffy the vampire slayer, but full show 24/7 on television.

one of the evil forces they saw in a man with the name Newin Chidchob, he is a evil khmer wizard.

Spiritual rites and incantations have been performed by the PAD on numerous occasions.

The rituals, which have been conducted in various forms, have usually been held after Mr Sondhi has told demonstrators about black magic performed by his enemies, especially the one he calls the "Khmer wizard", as they attempt to destroy the PAD and strengthen their side.

The Khmer wizard is said to be Newin Chidchob, a former Thai Rak Thai executive and one of Thaksin's close aides.

There have also been reports of PAD members placing used sanitary napkins at the statue of King Rama V to counter the black magic of the Khmer wizard, which is supposedly blocking the statue's power backing the PAD.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/101108_News/10Nov2008_news09.php

that is of course utter BS like the other stories of PAD, but it got firmly believed by cult fellowers and little brainers. PAD was not just a fad, much more, PAD is obsessive belief in the power of trashy plastic clappers. last week they declared a victory and dispered, but now is that evil khmer wizard in the news and Abhisit the man believed to be the next PM give him roses. are they not afraid that this can bring back the yellow mob? and here on TVforum how will PAD compurgation low style troll mob react on this. different things motivates them envy on rich people, hate of police, misogyny, gerontophilia and lot of them really get hooked up on that devil story. they have FEAR. now they must watch how Abhisit listen to the Khmer wizard.

Newin is also banned from politics for 5 years by the constitutional tribunal (may 2007). did't he could send his wife, brother, uncle, dad, whoever to tell Abhisit whats going on now and wait behind in the background to make it not to obviously.can nobody in newins 'yes men rat pack' speak for themself?

is that a victory now? will PAD issue a blessing, is it the big reconciliation? after so much drama about democracy back to the daily soap show. funny.

PD I understand that English is not your first language, and I therefore try to make allowances for that when I (try to) read your posts/rants.

However, after struggling through the above, I have now come to the conclusion that you must write your posts in your native language, and then use a very, very bad online translator to arrive at something like the above.

Perhaps if you tried to simplify your (English) language you may have more success in getting your messages across. And you could still fill them with bile and hatred.

sorry for that. but the PAD and their witch hunt sessions are so gaga, same as their new politics: "2.1 Support for good people to manage the country and blocking of evil people from coming to power so all sectors of society are ensured justice." it was my intention to write a text that mirrored the woolly thoughts. i got my inspiration from all the thaksin bashing threads.

my english is not good, i know. but the "khmer wizard" is now the PM maker. any opinion?

my english is not good, i know. but the "khmer wizard" is now the PM maker. any opinion?

Your English is fine P_D. however, your ideology is somewhat (sadly) lost in translation imho:

Defectors 'offered millions' by pro-Thaksin party

---------------------------------------------------------

SEE-SAW BATTLE

Defectors 'offered millions' by Pheu Thai

By The Nation

Published on December 11, 2008

Bt55m each said to be up for grabs to lure Newin's MPs and others back

The Pheu Thai Party has gone on the offensive to lure back defecting MPs in a desperate battle to form the next government ahead of the Democrats.

Party sources said several MPs in the Friends of Newin faction, who switched sides to join the Democrat-led coalition, were being offered a large amount of cash to change their mind.

"The last three days prior to the vote for the PM in Parliament [which may take place as early as Monday] is the most sensitive period," one source said yesterday.

"We heard that the financial incentives are very generous with an immediate Bt5-million down payment as soon as each of the MPs signs applications to join the new party.

"Another Bt25 million will be paid if the applications are approved and they become party members. Finally, each will get a last instalment of another Bt25 million after the vote for the PM," the source said.

Pheu Thai, backed by ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, currently has around 193 MPs plus another five from the Pracharaj Party headed by Snoh Thienthong.

Pheu Thai was set up recently for former government MPs in case the People Power Party was disbanded for electoral violations. The Constitution Court ruled against the PPP last week.

Meanwhile, the Democrat Party says it has support from three minor parties from the former government and the Friends of Newin faction. It claimed to have a majority - about 240 MPs - and has sought to convene a special House session to elect Abhisit Vejjajiva, the Democrat leader, as the new prime minister.

Pheu Thai has assigned Sompong Amornwiwat and its leader Yongyuth Wichaidit to woo back former government MPs, with the emphasis on Newin's faction.

Pheu Thai believes that if enough MPs from this 37-member group leave the Democrats' coalition, it will kill their rivals' bid to form the new government.

Snoh, who remains a Pheu Thai ally, invited leaders of former government parties - namely, the Puea Pandin, Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana and Chart Thai parties - to a grand dinner at his home in the Muang Thong Thani estate last night, but no prominent figures from these parties attended.

Snoh has proposed forming a national unity government headed by a minor party.

Earlier, it was reported that Pheu Thai expected to lure back more than 30 MPs after a cash injection from Thaksin.

A Pheu Thai source said about 18 defecting MPs from Newin's group, plus five from Puea Pandin and four from Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana, would return to their side.

However, Democrat secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban said he was still confident his coalition would get about 40 MPs more than the Pheu Thai camp.

Currently, the House of Representatives has a total of 438 MPs.

Meanwhile, Thaksin, who is reportedly in the United Arab Emirates, is expected to try to upset any efforts to favour the Democrats taking office when he makes a public phone-in to supporters on Saturday.

Pheu Thai MP Jatuporn Phrompan said yesterday the ex-PM would try to break up the Democrat coalition through comments on his phone-in session from overseas.

"Thaksin will lay bare all details, and after listening and seeing him via the teleconference, his supporters across the country will demand their MPs to return to the fold," he said.

EDIT/ to add: and by ANY means, even via 'The Economist' and Sam Moon... nuff said

Edited by baht&sold

Newin will maintain the swing vote in the coalition, what greater power to tame the Dems agression, I for one support this scenerio where Taksin can be treated fairly, Sondthi L and PAD idiots can end up doing jail time with Mr T and that moron Prasong Soonsiri can be shipped off to a re-education camp in Laos.

When the red shirt fans going to put something constructive, because till now 99,9 % of their comments is ranting and bashing.

TRT and PPP never have been really happy with Newin (banned) & Friends. and i guess the Dem's are now in the same situation.

in a coalition government sometimes the smallest parties, factions, interest groups have the biggest influence. i am waiting for news that will go like this:

62.jpg

House Speaker and People Power Party Member Chai Chidchob

House Speaker Denies Being Next in Line for Premier Post

House Speaker Chai Chidchob has denied being next in line for the premier post if the People Power Party is forced to dissolve Parliament as the Party dissolution case looms.

As the dissolution case against the People Power Party approaches, many media organizations are widely speculating on the identity of the new premier. Many believe House Speaker Chai Chidchob could be appointed as the new prime minister, replacing PM Somchai Wongsawat.

But Chai denies the speculation, saying the post of House Speaker will be the highest post he'll ever assume in his political career.

Chai is one of the most elderly members of Parliament.

- TOC / 2008-11-19

UPDATE!

Chai says he will not accept Cabinet seat

Parliament President Chai Chidchob he will not step down as the head of the legislative to become a member of the Democrat Party-led Cabinet.

"Even if they offer me to become the prime minister, I won't accept it, let alone a normal Cabinet seat," Chai said.

"I won't accept any post because I've already climbed up to the highest point of my political career."

He said he will not leave his House speaker post unless the Democrat Party wants the post for one of its MPs.

Chai, a former People Power Party MP, said he had yet to consider which political party to join.

The Nation December 11, 2008

282.jpg

Former PPP MP and current PTP MP Worrawat Eua-apinyakul

We may dissolve the House : Puea Thai

A Phrae MP from the dissolved People Power Party government said the Party, now called Puea Thai Party (PTP), may seek to dissolve the House if it cannot muster enough votes to form a new administration.

Worrawat Eua-apinyakul claimed PTP had enough votes to form government, but with only a slim majority.

Pracharaj Party Leader Snoh Thienthong was coordinating with other parties to ensure they have more votes. "If we cannot, then a House dissolution is an alternative," he said.

Former constitution drafter Kanin Bunsuwan said the caretaker PM could issue a Royal decree to dissolve the House. He said the caretaker PM or caretaker Cabinet had full authority to work and issue any Royal decree, including one to dissolve the House.

In regard to Party-list MPs from political parties that were dissolved, Kanin said they had full authority to carry out their duties 60 days after party dissolution.

There have been legal doubts over whether caretaker PM Chaovarat Chanweerakul could dissolve the House and whether House Speaker Chai Chidchob might lose his status as an MP given he is a Party-list MP from the disbanded People Power.

Meanwhile, Chai Chidchob said the caretaker prime minister had no justification to dissolve the House after a royal command is issued to convene an extraordinary parliamentary session.

Chai was commenting on speculation that caretaker prime minister Chaovarat would dissolve the House to prevent the Democrats from taking over. Chai said that though the law permitted a caretaker premier to dissolve the House, no such PM would do it once a royal command has come through.

The parliament chief said His Majesty had not yet handed down a command to open a special session for the MPs to elect a new prime minister.

Once the royal command comes forth, he will tell the MPs to attend a meeting within three days, Chai said.

- The Nation / 2008-12-11

When the red shirt fans going to put something constructive, because till now 99,9 % of their comments is ranting and bashing.

Don't place me as a fan of anyone. I do not fully support the red shirts, they might be in oppostion to PAD and on that ground we are common. I have my own thoughts, much more extensive than your drivel. Read back through my posts on this topic of political control within this country for the last 18 months and my thoughts are constructive and critical of many. More than can be said for Johnny come lately......... There are key figures in this witch-hunt, Prasong is one, Prem in one and Sonthi L is one. I don't believe either of these three are well balanced persons contributing to the countries best interest.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

610x-5.jpg

Former TRT Party executive and current Pracharaj Party Leader Sanoh Thienthong (right)

Sanoh unity government a no-show

Coalition leaders steer clear of house party

Pracharaj Party Leader Sanoh Thienthong's attempt to form a national unity government faced a blow yesterday as no politicians from the former governing coalition joined his house party held to woo them into supporting his idea. Former Chart Thai Party Deputy Leader Somsak Prissananantakul remarked briefly that "things are over" when asked by reporters whether his Party members would visit Sanoh's house. "Our Party will not hold any more talks with anybody. Talking too much would cause confusion," he said. His Party, dissolved for vote-buying in last year's election, has decided to join MPs from the dissolved Matchima Thipataya, Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana, and key factions in the Puea Pandin parties, as well as the Friends of Newin faction to support the Democrat-led government. Though some senior members of former coalition Parties from the Somchai Wongsawat government agreed with Sanoh's idea, they did not appear at his house yesterday. Puea Pandin Party Leader Pracha Promnok and Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana Party Leader Chettha Thanajaro said they supported a government of national unity. However, Pracha called Sanoh to say he had a sore throat while Chettha has fallen ill and said he was in hospital. Former Matchima Thipataya Party Leader Anongwan Thepsuthin and her husband Somsak said they were busy. "This is enough to conclude what is happening," Sanoh later told reporters as he observed the empty dining tables at his house. In Phrae, 70 members of a red-clad group, the Thaksin loyalists, yesterday launched a campaign calling for Thaksin's return from abroad. They want him to lead the government again. In another development, police have found a second hand grenade near a fence at the home of Nakhon Ratchasima MP Boonjong Wongtrairat, a member of the Newin faction.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/111208_News/11Dec2008_news10.php

Cheers.

actually.... one needs to figure out who Newin's financial backers are. Once you have that worked out, a few other things will be clear as to why he is now siding with the Dems.

heres a clue - somebody linked to airport, figure out that, and see whos on the board, and who that person is linked to :o