last year i shopped around the khaosan road area in bangkok

until i found the three lowest prices for the same airline ticket

this year i am looking in pattaya

who offers the best deals in pattaya?

perhaps i can purchase remotely (ie credit card) from and agent in bangkok

if that will get me a better discount

flying to new york and back

took cathay pacific last year and was very pleased for around 40k baht

i think china and Kuwait air were the cheapest then but not sure of quality comfort and service

i assume the difference in fare quotes i found last year was due to the difference in take on commission

from what i could gather the lowest commissions were about 300 baht a ticket

while some agents i suppose were taking thousands of baht

not sure how this works

never had much luck finding low, lower, or lowest fares online

thanks in advance

I glanced at one of TV's sponsors (SaveFlights.com) and see the lowest advertised flight (round-trip) to NYC is 38.800 on Kuwait Air.

Having used SaveFlights quite a few times, I've found that they can often get even better prices. A lot depends on dates, class of flight and so on.

I'd contact them, let them know what you are looking for, and see what they can do. Just make sure you tell them you are only looking for a quote, and not to confirm seats/flights.

As an example. I had searched some travel sights (Expedia, Kayak, FlightCenter, etc) and some airline websites looking for Dubai-Bangkok flights. I kept notes on the different options (airlines, schedules, prices, class of seat), and then decided to try SaveFlights.

Tom was able to get me Business Class seats on Emirates. Even with the fees and the cost of having to courier the paper tickets to me in Afghanistan, it still came out cheaper than any other option I could find.

Doesn't hurt to check it out, or the ThaiVisa Travel Service (links in the Thailand Travel and Suvarnabhumi Airport forums).