Attention Eak, Your Sunglasses Are At Gecko Books

Ulysses G.

Hi Gerge,

This has been in my head for decades.

In my younger days I was given a book, titled " The Lion Mask" (if I remember correctly). I was reading in Thai version. It was a story about a group of lepers in India, sustaining their survival by begging or doing a little freak side show at the carnival around the country. I was taken by the several charactors portrait among members in the group.

I wish to read this novel again, but this time prefer English version.

Not sure if this the right place to ask, if your store happens to come across this particular old book. I like to buy it from you.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Tink

For an easily read primer on economics, I prefer The Worldly Philosphers by Heilbroner, which I first got as a textbook in 1960, and read again around 1995.. More a collection of biographies, with human interest (Marx's children referred to him as 'the Moor'; Ricardo amassed a fortune by doing currency speculation whilst reading the morning paper). But it covers their economic theories, and includes Malthus, Adam Smith, J. M. Keynes, et al.

Dear Mr Gecko,

can you or anyone suggest a good book that will help me fathom whats going on at the moment re: recession/depression..

maybe an old book, maybe there is a new book out...

I just got a book called the Trillion Dollar Meltdown by Charles R. Morris which sounds like the type of thing that you are looking for and is a New York Times best seller. Let me know if you want mr to hold it for you!

:o

Yes please: Trillion Dollar Meltdown

please hold until 26th if you can Mr G! i am off on visa run tomorrow by bike (assuming i actually log off thai visa NOW and go and change the bike fluids)

thank you.. :o

The Worldly Philosphers : on wish list, sounds perfect! thanks

on the count of three... go and fix bike.. one... two... arrghh its hot out there... thr....

Tinkelbell, could it be: The Mask of a Lion. By: A T W Simeons?

I could not find the other title online, but I will look for both coming through my stores.

Could be, as long as it was a story about time and life of the group of lepers in India.

Please let me know when you have. I may pick up myself (if I happen to be in CM at that time) or arrange a Thai friend in CM to go to your store.

You have made this one a happy customer. :D

Plus a steak dinner is riding on you.... George if you have the book. :o

Thanks with much appreciation.

Tink

I have not found a site that descrbes the story yet, but if I see a copy of either title, I will skim it first to make sure. I like steaks! :D

I hope you found this book long before your steak is cooked way over well done . :D:D

Most people like them rare, aren't they ? :o

I asked my staff to hold it for you. It might be better to ask for me (main store, Gecko Books signs side of street, I'm George) when you come in, so I can track it down. :D

Thanks George, good book! will sell it back to you (hopefully)

Please look out for this book for me :D .. (or if anyone wants to sell me these) :

http://www.amazon.ca/Globalization-Poverty...y/dp/0973714700

51BC0T0TP5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

and

41GWM2ZA94L._SL500_SS100_.jpgAmerica's War on Terrorism by Michel Chossudovsky

THANK YOU!

just watching his video again, saw it 2 years ago... but looking back at it now, its rather scary... especially the currency wars :o

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=31...ovsky&hl=en

Edited by UKWEBPRO