Hi,

I work at a school and they transfer the full amount of my wages into my bank account each month. Should they be deducting the necessary tax or is it my responsibility to pay it myself at the end of the tax year?

If so could anyone give me an idea of how much/how I would do this please.

Thanks in advance for any information

S

Hi,

I work at a school and they transfer the full amount of my wages into my bank account each month. Should they be deducting the necessary tax or is it my responsibility to pay it myself at the end of the tax year?

If so could anyone give me an idea of how much/how I would do this please.

Thanks in advance for any information

S

Are sure you are even registered for tax ?, by rights the school should be deducting money, if they are not and you are registered for tax you are going to get a big bill at the end of the year

your employer has to deduct PIT(personal income tax) from your salary..and other things like provident fund etc..

if not, my eyebrows would be raising very quickly.......

Yes take this piece of advice very serious as kiakaha has been in thailand 15 years without breaking service. What he says goes my freind. :o:D:D:D

your employer has to deduct PIT(personal income tax) from your salary..and other things like provident fund etc..

My eyebrows would be raised very quickly if a school in Thailand is paying into a provident fund for a English teacher... :o

My eyebrows would be raised very quickly if a school in Thailand is paying into a provident fund for a English teacher... :o

Mate have you been here 15 years continous? IF not you have to be wrong. :D

Do you have a work permit?

If you don't then they can't deduct tax.

If you do then they should be deducting and paying to the Revenue Department.

Ask some of you co-workers what happens to their salary.

I do have a work permit and just presumed that the school would deduct any applicable taxes etc but realised that they are transferring the full amount of my salary into my bank account each month. Guess I should register for tax pretty soon then as I have a Thai wife and may need to show tax payments in the future if I change the type of Visa I have.

Any idea the rate of Tax I should be paying?

I do have a work permit and just presumed that the school would deduct any applicable taxes etc but realised that they are transferring the full amount of my salary into my bank account each month. Guess I should register for tax pretty soon then as I have a Thai wife and may need to show tax payments in the future if I change the type of Visa I have.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

Are you sure they are not paying the tax for you, a lot of expats here an agreed salary or day rate and the company pays the tax for them...If you are not registered for tax, or the school is not paying it for you... you are going to get a big bill off the tax man

Why dont you talk to the admin dept and see what exactly they are doing, If they have taken the time, trouble and expense getting you a work permit etc cant see them skimping on paying the tax man..