Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Hello All,

Just an update.

Gave my bike the 12kms service yesterday with 10500 kms on the clock. (Yeh I couldn't wait until the full 12 rolled up but needed to get that oil changed hahaha).

1100 baht all in for complete check, oil, oil filter, air filter, chain, tensioned, (not sure when the chain will need to be replaced any pointers?), computer check and test ride.

All checked OK.

While I was there I paid 1000 baht to go on some sort of day out at a local circuit with Kawasaki on June 6th.

Not sure what happens as my Thai is not brilliant.

Anyone else going?

After 3 weeks of waiting I'm still waiting for those inserts for each side of the bike where the passenger hold rails were. Arh!

Keep those good times rolling.

NormanW.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello All,

Just an update.

Gave my bike the 12kms service yesterday with 10500 kms on the clock. (Yeh I couldn't wait until the full 12 rolled up but needed to get that oil changed hahaha).

1100 baht all in for complete check, oil, oil filter, air filter, chain, tensioned, (not sure when the chain will need to be replaced any pointers?), computer check and test ride.

All checked OK.

While I was there I paid 1000 baht to go on some sort of day out at a local circuit with Kawasaki on June 6th.

Not sure what happens as my Thai is not brilliant.

Anyone else going?

After 3 weeks of waiting I'm still waiting for those inserts for each side of the bike where the passenger hold rails were. Arh!

Keep those good times rolling.

NormanW.

I can't remember what I paid for the 12000 km check but that sounds about right. Are you using the semi-synthetic oil that Kawasaki recommends? If using full synthetic that will of course drive the price up some.

Replace your chain when you reach the limit of adjustment or when it starts getting kinked, makes a ton of noise and looks like crap. Trust me- you'll know when it's time to get a new one! Chain life can vary a lot depending on how you ride and maintain your chain but according the the mechanics at Kawasaki Big Bike in Bangkok they've been replacing most EX650 chains around ~15000-20000 km (which is a VERY low lifespan for a 520 chain) When you change your chain I recommend you upgrade to a better quality chain. The Thai-made DID chain on the EX650 is a piece of junk.

I'm out of the country at the moment so not up to date on upcoming Kawasaki events- you say "local circuit"- are they having another track day at BIRA? I'd love to make that if that's the case so please let us know if you can find some more details and hope to see you there.

The grab bar inserts are out of stock? You might want to call the parts dept. at Rama 9 in Bangkok to see if they have them. Could be quicker than waiting for your local dealer to get them in. 02247 7935-38

Ride On!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

I've seen pictures of Yoshi systems for the ER6 and it clearly has a fitting already welded in to take the o2 sensor. Are you sure they just didn't bother to fit it when they put it on your bike? Assuming someone did the work for you of course.

Not so sure about that- as the Yoshi system is made for the US market and the ER6n / Ninja 650R in the US doesn't have the O2 sensor so most US manufacturers don't include a bung on their pipes. Then again, it's quite possible that Yoshimura makes two versions- one without for the US market and one with for export. Perhaps the poster ordered the wrong pipe? At any rate- it will only cost a few hundred baht to have the bung added to the pipe. DO NOT RUN YOUR BIKE WITHOUT IT- you risk running lean and cooking your engine!

Calif spec should have O2 sensor to manage Calif emision similar to LOS emission

Edited by katabeachbum

I've seen pictures of Yoshi systems for the ER6 and it clearly has a fitting already welded in to take the o2 sensor. Are you sure they just didn't bother to fit it when they put it on your bike? Assuming someone did the work for you of course.

Not so sure about that- as the Yoshi system is made for the US market and the ER6n / Ninja 650R in the US doesn't have the O2 sensor so most US manufacturers don't include a bung on their pipes. Then again, it's quite possible that Yoshimura makes two versions- one without for the US market and one with for export. Perhaps the poster ordered the wrong pipe? At any rate- it will only cost a few hundred baht to have the bung added to the pipe. DO NOT RUN YOUR BIKE WITHOUT IT- you risk running lean and cooking your engine!

Calif spec should have O2 sensor to manage Calif emision similar to LOS emission

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that Kata- TWO BROS is a California company and their pipes for the EX650 don't come with bungs for an O2 sensor. I suspect that massive 3 cat stock can plus Euro evap pollution equipment is enough to get the bike past California's strict emissions standards. Anyway- I'll be in San Francisco this coming weekend and if I have time I'll swing by a Kwackerzaki dealer and have a look.

Ride On!

Tony

Simple question.

How much range in Km can I expect from a Tank of fuel ?

I calculate it to be 200Km so that would be 3 stops to get to Surin.

Depends a lot on your speed, but generally you can get AT LEAST 200km/tank before the FUEL warning, at which point you still have about 3 liters left.

hi,

i changed the ugly, big, plastic license plate holder. now i need some small turn lights for the back.

anyone knows where to get it in phuket or online in thailand??

whiteer6nkarn1.jpg

anyone know where to get this nice cover (under the brake light) in black and how much is it??

thanks

alex

if anyone is interested in some pictures of a er6n with an leo vince gp-styple exhaust, i could make some pictures (or a small video with sound) :)

hi,

i changed the ugly, big, plastic license plate holder. now i need some small turn lights for the back.

anyone knows where to get it in phuket or online in thailand??

whiteer6nkarn1.jpg

anyone know where to get this nice cover (under the brake light) in black and how much is it??

thanks

alex

if anyone is interested in some pictures of a er6n with an leo vince gp-styple exhaust, i could make some pictures (or a small video with sound) :D

My local Kawasaki dealer on Sukhumvit Pattaya sells them for around 2000 baht.

Maybe yours does too?

There is a store online if you look back in the threads I think Tony posted it before. I can't remember, sorry.

Keep those good times rolling. :)

A new BARRACUDA screen for the ER6n! Best looking I've seen. Sorry I don't know the price.

BARRACUDA2.jpg

BARRACUDA1.jpg

BARRACUDA3.jpg

BARRACUDA5.jpg

BARRACUDA6.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

2008 Ninja 250R

2009 Kawasaki Diablo Black ER6n: Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Aluminum Slip-On, Two Brothers Juice Box, Winning G1.3 Power Ignition Booster, PAIR Valve Plugged, Air Box Baffles Removed, DIY Tail Tidy, Aluminum and Delrin Frame Sliders and Swing Arm Spools, ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R is here! w00t.gif Arrow Exhaust, Sport Bars, Integrated Tail Light, Tail Tidy, Lotsa Carbon Fiber Bling! naughty.gif PCV and Autotune, Spiegler Lines EBC HH Pads woot.gif

2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 K6 aka THE BEAST! worshippy.gif

I called the number in the pics and was told price is 6500 Baht. Is that expensive? How much is the Puig? When I try to order this from their site why does Barracuda add 20% tax?!?!

The Puig is 6000 (Kawa dealer in CM).

The stock Ninja 650R screen remains by far the best deal, even if it's not as pretty as this one.

I called the number in the pics and was told price is 6500 Baht. Is that expensive? How much is the Puig? When I try to order this from their site why does Barracuda add 20% tax?!?!

Oh man, yeh expensive for me, the Puig is around 6000 baht I think Tony.

A couple of thousand would do the trick!

It's amazing what we pay for a piece of plastic isn't it?

7 weeks off coming up Tony, counting the days dude.

Keep those good times rolling and the beast as well hehehe.

NormanW

Oh man, yeh expensive for me, the Puig is around 6000 baht I think Tony.

A couple of thousand would do the trick!

It's amazing what we pay for a piece of plastic isn't it?

7 weeks off coming up Tony, counting the days dude.

Keep those good times rolling and the beast as well hehehe.

NormanW

Well, you could always order it direct from Barracuda in Italy and have it shipped to a friend in Europe and ask them to bring it over or ship it to you since it seems Barracuda doesn't ship to Thailand. 99 Euros plus shipping certainly beats 6500 Baht!

7 weeks off! Nice! Any big rides planned? Weather permitting let's hit the road!

Ride On!

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd add these pics of 2 ER-6N's I saw whilst getting my 650R serviced at Kawasaki Surtthani last week (Tony suggested it actually).

They were getting them ready for the Samui bike weekend.

What is the device on the handle bars?

Matt.

post-90892-044078500 1276732043_thumb.jp

post-90892-002069900 1276732156_thumb.jp

post-90892-042031000 1276732233_thumb.jp

post-90892-025610000 1276732306_thumb.jp

post-90892-006462700 1276732405_thumb.jp

LOL- I haven't seen the GPR Steering Damper on an EX650 before but looks good.

Most popular here in Bangkok seem to be the Scott and Ohlins steering dampers.

A steering damper is pretty handy for the EX650 which suffers from a twitchy front end.

For some reason my Ninja 650R seems a lot more stable than my old ER6n.

I think the difference may be the better tires on the 2010 Ninja 650R (Bridgestone Battleax BT021 vs Dunlop Roadsmarts on the 2009 ER6n) and ditching the stock bars in favor of the more aggressive sport bars I installed on the Ninja 650R.

Ride On!

Tony

Stopped Kawasaki Rama 9 today and spotted this ER6n with these heavy duty SW-Motech engine guards:

ER6nSWMotechCrashCageSSR.jpg

Wow- these look TOUGH! Bolted to the frame in 4 points on each side- talk about armor!

ER6nSWMotechCrashCage1SSR.jpg

Look closely at the pic above and you can see that the right side engine guard has already been "tested" :)

Ride On!

Tony

Ha ha! This'll piss off Rustic Charmless no doubt :D

A friend has painted his ER6n to match his Ducati Hypermotard-

ER6nDucRed2SSR.jpg

Funny thing is, a lot of Thai guys ran out and bought the new Ducati Hypermotard because of the name and sweet finance terms, but many are already selling their bikes now that they've discovered how uncomfortable and finnicky these bikes are... :D

ER6nDucRed1SSR.jpg

What do you guys think? Tasteful or tacky? I can't quite decide... :)

ER6nDucRedSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Somebody recently asked me if there are stainless steel headers available for the ER6n and Ninja 650R. I know Arrow makes a full system including headers but I'm not sure if they're stainless.

But I did find a shop here in Bangkok that can polish stock headers and wow- it really looks awesome!

Before:

EX650HeadersBeforeSSR.jpg

After:

EX650HeadersAfterSSR.jpg

Of course with time they'll rust again but we're lucky to live in a country where labor is cheap :)

Ride On!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

New color for the 2011 Kawasaki ER6n:

2011ER6nPersimmonRedSSR.jpg

They're calling this color "Candy Persimmon Red". (Who comes up with these names???) dunno.gif

2011ER6nPersimmonRed1SSR.jpg

The other color for 2011 will be Diablo Black (same as 2009)

Ride On!

Tony __________________

2008 Ninja 250R

2009 Kawasaki Diablo Black ER6n: Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Aluminum Slip-On, Two Brothers Juice Box, Winning G1.3 Power Ignition Booster, PAIR Valve Plugged, Air Box Baffles Removed, DIY Tail Tidy, Aluminum and Delrin Frame Sliders and Swing Arm Spools, ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R w00t.gif Arrow Exhaust, Sport Bars, Integrated Tail Light, Tail Tidy, Lotsa Carbon Fiber Bling! naughty.gif PCV and Autotune, Spiegler Lines EBC HH Pads woot.gif

2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 K6 aka THE BEAST! worshippy.gif

I guess they sell mostly black ones and switch the other color every year to keep things fresh.

BTW I like the Ducati Red paint job above better. But, obviously, Kawasaki can't really do that.

Also, I suppose white will continue to be an option for 10k baht extra - e.g. the white kit.

Edited by nikster