South Pattaya And Transport

Sessachief

Hello, new to the forum, and I need some advise. I believe we wil be staying in a house in South Pattaya off the Phratamnack rd. There will be up to 8 of us, And I believe we will be staying close o Casa Espana.. I just checked on one of your online maps.

So basically how best to get around, and how much should one pay ?

I hope to visit the Islands , and also get into town, Island being Koh Lan I think!

So Tuk tuk prices or is there a Baht bus that one can walk to and pick up?

Finally is the water park close ?

Suggestions and help most welcome, and is there a good night market anywhere near. ?

Thanks in advance & excuse my spelling.

Basically there's no regular songthaew route in the area so you'll be looking at charter hires of the songthaews and they'll have you by the short and curlies.

However sharing the 150-250 Baht fare into Pattaya between 8 shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Yes the water park is near but not wiothin walking disatnace, unless you like ~1 hour uphill hikes to get there?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, new to the forum, and I need some advise. I believe we wil be staying in a house in South Pattaya off the Phratamnack rd. There will be up to 8 of us, And I believe we will be staying close o Casa Espana.. I just checked on one of your online maps.

I hope to visit the Islands , and also get into town, Island being Koh Lan I think!

Suggestions and help most welcome, and is there a good night market anywhere near. ?

It really depends on your stay in Pattaya here, but from your trip plans at least 1/2 - 1 week. I recommend you either rent a car MPV preferably, which will cost you at least 2,000 - 3,000 baht a day excluding gas. This will help your transportation and trip much more flexible, if not than hire a baht bus for the day. I am not sure about the cost it really depends on your negotiation skills. As for the water park, I recommend you get transportation. Pattaya is a city where you will need at least a motor bike to travel around, motor bike rentals are from 150 -250 baht depending on CC.

Enjoy!

Really depends how far you are up the road but like someone else said, you will have to charter one and they know you have no choice ! This can really start to annoy you if your group want to get around multiple times a day ! I'd be looking to pay Bt100 on my own but perhaps Bt150-200 for a full truck. Think about alternative options because I assure you, this will really start to annoy you if you are there for any length of time.

Baht bus private hire runs abut Bt200 an hour but can be had for Bt150 an hour. More at night, less in the daytime.

The water part is relatively near, but again, you'll need to charter a bus,

Getting to Koh Larn is best done by speedboat. Chartering one for the best part of the day is around Bt1500 or a bit more but he should stay with you all day, not run back to fetch other people then cme back for you. You can get one from Jomtien or Pattaya beaches or even Bali Hai pier.

Night market ? for what ? tourist stuff ? All over but Tuesday and Friday market on Sio Buakhow can be worth a look if not too warm.

For getting around town, Bt10 each. If 4 of you, get one person to pay Bt40. etc.