Your Nominations, Please

Steve2UK

A category that will have many contenders - "Most ignorant racist slur against the Thais".

I nominate this clown (he/she will remain anonymous to protect the stupid) - In a forum topic concerning the global economic meltdown & the Thai banks relative immunity to it, I quote...

"Simple explanation for their non-failiure....... Thai banks were too dumb to buy Lehman Brothers CDOs"

A category that will have many contenders - "Most ignorant racist slur against the Thais".

I nominate this clown (he/she will remain anonymous to protect the stupid) - In a forum topic concerning the global economic meltdown & the Thai banks relative immunity to it, I quote...

"Simple explanation for their non-failiure....... Thai banks were too dumb to buy Lehman Brothers CDOs"

Fair enough.

How about some other categories:

Thai-ier Than Thou, the poster who has gone to greatest ends to bend over backwards to internalize what they imagine are Thai values

Also, the right wing oriented poster Least Likely to run for Political Office as a Compassionate Conservative

Also, the non-banned poster who has stirred up the most shit: Molotov Cocktail Award or perhaps the Sanuk Maak Maak Airport Closure Party Award

And why not the poster who takes the most pains never to offend anyone: the Caspar Milquetoast Award

Edited by Jingthing

Oh, and don't forget the poster most fanatic in defending perpetual Visa Runners:

The Backpacker D'or

And why not the farang poster most dedicated to advocating Thai immigration's efforts to weed out all of the "undesirable" farangs who somehow still cling to existence in Thailand? The

Farang Mai Rak Farang Award

Edited by Jingthing

How about an award for the most incomprehendable sentence?

I'm still trying to fathom this one:

For that price in patong, u get a foil with 4 wood stick holding it to sell soup or a built in 1920 condo. i really dont get people who'd buy anything there. i could be a billionaire, i wouldnt like to get ripped off just because im staying 5mins from a terrible beach+hoo
Edited by Old Croc

Seasons Greetings to all!

Well, we seem to be getting moving........ Jingthing and others have certainly caught the spirit I had in mind for this thread :o

@ dingdongrub - the committee needs some clarification. In your post #35, are you nominating your own post #17 - and, if so, could you please be more specific about the category? If you are intending to enter it for "The most ridiculous thing I have read yet" - please be aware that this category is certain to get a HUGE number of entries and will probably need a week-long Awards ceremony all to itself...........

@ h90 - the committee wishes to inform you that your post #15 has now also been entered for the "Frank Admission" Award (and looks set to be a hot favourite) :D

(Many of us know that feeling very well - me included)

Some further categories:

The "Does this member have a life outside ThaiVisa?" Award

The "How on earth did this topic get to have so many views/replies?" Award

(please note "What - no free water?" is not eligible because it's already entered for the "Hmmm......whatever happened to that topic? :D" Award)

The "This post is so unbelievably outrageous I'm sure he/she secretly supports the opposite view" Award

(News Clippings only)

Good to see some categories/nominations with relevant quotes included. Also good to keep them anonymous - no flaming, remember! :D

:D

there has to be an award for naam and bendix... keep it nice

only weaklings and cowards are able to "keep it nice" when replying to posts which contain rubbish that confuses or misguides advice seeking other TV-members.

please remember if you have concerns about a moderation action, please take it up via PM with the said MOD, or you can contact an ADMIN if you do not get satisfactory answer from the MOD.

discussing moderation in open forum is against forum rules.

Impossible :o

On behalf of Naam and I, I'd like to signal our appreciation to those who value our small contributions to thaivisa.

To everyone else: sod off, you asinine pussies. :-)

I'll get my coat.

Impossible :o

On behalf of Naam and I, I'd like to signal our appreciation to those who value our small contributions to thaivisa.

I'll get my coat.

Just for my personal knowledge, what does asinine mean ?

And I am one of those who value your delectable contributions, as well as Naam's ones

Keep them coming

Happy new Year

I'll get my coat.

I'll hold your coat. You may be battling Torlae ruk Torlae.

Oh, and special thanks to those who contribute more emoticons than words :wai: :jerk: :P:D:D:D:D:o

"Most eye-catching use of available colours / fonts / formatting

in

a

post"

(entries should include a sample)

"Most inappropriate use of a term" - Grammar-Nazi

"The Sam (Super)Moon Award" for being the most obvious Thaksin-Lover*/PAD-Hater* stooge

"The Invisible Hand Award" for being the most obvious Thaksin-Hater**/PAD-Lover** stooge

* Apparently these terms are interchangeable.......

** Apparently these terms are interchangeable.......

Edited by Steve2UK