91.5fm

N47HAN

Is that the radio station in Patong ? I only listen on the car radio when I happen to be driving, but some of the 'canned programmes are terrible, old fashioned I do like DJ Doris from 12 - 15 weekdays. Some of the voice overs (as in most) on the ads are not very professional.

I ask as because we actually advertise on there , so does the ad fall onto deaf ears ?

I actually think its ok

I have to wonder just how many people actually listen to this radio station. I don't know anyone who listens. I guess the station must conduct some sort of research to convince potential advertisers.

I ask as because we actually advertise on there , so does the ad fall onto deaf ears ?

I actually think its ok

Agree 100% with Living in Kata. Why do nearly all the ads have this pseudo cockney voice? DJ Doris is the only professional sounding voice on the station from what I have heard.

N47HAN, which is your ad and I'll let you know if it falls on deaf ears (well, mine anyway)?

I actually think its ok

Agree 100% with Living in Kata. Why do nearly all the ads have this pseudo cockney voice? DJ Doris is the only professional sounding voice on the station from what I have heard.

N47HAN, which is your ad and I'll let you know if it falls on deaf ears (well, mine anyway)?

Ahem , Dare I say :o

The Pvc window Ads ?

I actually think its ok

Ahem , Dare I say :o

The Pvc window Ads ?

I know the ad which must be a good thing and it's better than most of the others.

Actually with the karaoke bar opposite me................................

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that at 91.5fm they think it is cool to have a cockney accent indeed, to me it sounds low-class and pethatic, incl DJ Doris. Frankly, to me most of the music is crap, practically no recent music, just old stuff (the Carpenters are not really my favourite, sorry). Is it meant for the 60+ year old expat on Phuket?

In the morning it seems even worse, trying to bore you to death while you drive. If it is not the Thai drivers, it is 91.5fm that is killing me.

Why is there no music station with mainly uptodate music? Back home they do manage, is it too difficult here? (or is it a budget-problem?)

I have been listening to it for a a while now and must be honest I think it's getting better, (I'm not 60+ either) it can't be easy setting up a Radio station let alone doing it in Thailand.

I'll wait and see before I comment anymore other than to say I think you'll find Doris is from Scotland.

When not in your car, you can listen to all the top Thai radio stations online at sanookdotcom. Just click on the music symbol on the left side and it brings up all the stations, which all work well. However, it doesn't seem to work in firefox, only ms internet explorer.

It seems that at 91.5fm they think it is cool to have a cockney accent indeed, to me it sounds low-class and pethatic, incl DJ Doris. Frankly, to me most of the music is crap, practically no recent music, just old stuff (the Carpenters are not really my favourite, sorry). Is it meant for the 60+ year old expat on Phuket?

In the morning it seems even worse, trying to bore you to death while you drive. If it is not the Thai drivers, it is 91.5fm that is killing me.

Why is there no music station with mainly uptodate music? Back home they do manage, is it too difficult here? (or is it a budget-problem?)

Well now simonphuket, that's very elitist of you to say that cockney accents are low class and pethatic. in fact some would say rather rude.

Frankly, to me most of the music is crap, practically no recent music, just old stuff (the Carpenters are not really my favourite, sorry). Is it meant for the 60+ year old expat on Phuket?

They are obviously playing to the majority farang demographic that live here (bet they're popular in Rawai and Laguna).

Well now simonphuket, that's very elitist of you to say that cockney accents are low class and pethatic. in fact some would say rather rude.
Guess you're right there. Not so much talking about cockney accents in particular, but where I'm from, radio and TV presentators try not too speak with any accent for this reason. Guess in the UK people look at it differently, so please do not take offense. Btw, this is totally off-topic :o. Still they could play some more modern music, and in the morning something to wake us up, instead of trying to put us back to sleep.

After what I've read here about 91.5 I tune in today for the first time to see what it's all about. I have to say that I am very impressed.

Since my iPod broke down 2 weeks ago I've been tuning in to b95. And oh boy, I can't stand it for the life of me - pure torture 95% of the time. Where do they get the DJs and music from? One can't even read the news properly (e.g. "I can't pronounce this, ok but I can spell it for you, it's...") :D it's like listening to a school kid doing reading comprehension. I have to turn the volume down every now and then just to have some background noise, and it's gotten to a point where it's so bad that it's starting to get entertaining, ha!

So today I am quite relieved to be able to listen to a radio station for 30 continuous minutes without turning it off. Today's selection on 91.5 includes Patti Labelle, Wonderstuff, Arrested Development, Shaman, David Bryne (Lazy), couple of average others, some dancey and 70s disco-ey tunes, all pretty decent in their time.

Adverts I hear today: Project Supplies, Newspaper delivery, Tai Pan.

The accent doesn't bother me at all, considering all the waffles I have to listen to at b95. 91.5 DJ is certainly a lot smoother and more professional sounding than the DJs I've heard previously - yes he has an accent, but so what? He sounds like a real DJ to me.

My only complaint about 91.5 is that the reception is not as good. In Phuket town it's fine, but in Chalong it's mostly static when the vehicle is moving.

I'll go for tracks from the 70s anytime than listening to Linkin Park, and I am not in my 40s, 50s or 60s. I'll be tuning in to 91.5 from now onwards and see how they fare from here. :o

Just need someone with more uptodate music to push the station.

MC

What new music do you suggest MC?

• 4 weeks later...

Actually visited the station last Thursday for a Q and A afternoon , and after talking to the owner and the Djs there I must admit I was impressed with their set up.

Looks like there here for the long term .

Our latest showroom opened last Sunday at Homeworks and we've allready had a few people through the door saying they heard about us on 91.5fm , so seems their audience is getting bigger.

P.s Lady Marmalade (?) looks kinda cute too ! :o

• 2 weeks later...