Picture Gallery Of Visa And Extension Stamps

I have started a picture gallery of stamps of visas and extensions of stay, so that when I and other ThaiVisa members feel the need to show a poster an example of what is being talked about we can

www.thaivisa.com/forum/galleryuploads/1230904223/med_gallery_21260_1006_107205.jpg

Or I might post a thumbnail picture which, when clicked on, brings up the full-size picture, like this:

tn_gallery_21260_1006_107205.jpg

At the moment there are only a few pictures in the gallery and I would be grateful if members uploaded in this topic pictures of other recent stamps or visa stickers so that I may add them to my gallery, which is accessible to all ThaiVisa members. Identifying items such as names, passport numbers, etc should be rendered illegible; if you don’t have the software to do so you can send me the picture in a PM and I will pixelate confidential information.

For visas, some Thai consulates use stickers, others use rubber stamps. Where stamps are used, the text may vary from one consulate to another and if you have a stamp with a text that is different from the same type of visa already in the gallery from another consulate, please post it, too, for inclusion in the gallery.

--

Maestro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maestro: great idea.

I checked my current passport, but all the stamps I have are already represented in your picture gallery.

One stamp I have in my old passport, I will ask first before posting it there because I'm not sure it's currently in use. It's from Sept 2006 when I converted my 30-day visa-exempt stamp to a retirement extension, and it's a special one-day Non Immigrant O visa:

1-day-Non-Imm-O-visa.thumb.jpg

Is that particular stamp still being used when converting to a retirement extension in Thailand? If so, I will post it in your picture gallery. If not, I won't, to avoid confusion.

Thank you for that stamp, wpcoe. I believe it is no longer used with a one-day validity but I keep it in case I am going to make a separate album with old, disused stamps as a historical record. I’ve got a few interesting ones, too, in my passports.

Until about a year ago the change of visa and annual extension was done in one visit to the immigration office and your stamp shows that some officers used a non-O visa valid for only one day. Now they give the non-O valid for 90 days, added on to the current permission to stay, and with rare exceptions the applicant has to go for a second visit during the last 30 days for the annual extension.

--

Maestro

Thank you for that stamp, wpcoe. I believe it is no longer used with a one-day validity but I keep it in case I am going to make a separate album with old, disused stamps as a historical record. I’ve got a few interesting ones, too, in my passports.

Will have to dig out my first passport I entered Thailand on as my visa stamp is in it from 15 years ago and am on my 3rd passport without having left the country. Will compare it and see if it is different from the current ones. Actually I think it has stamps in it from about 20+ years ago and will check them too.

Until about a year ago the change of visa and annual extension was done in one visit to the immigration office and your stamp shows that some officers used a non-O visa valid for only one day. Now they give the non-O valid for 90 days, added on to the current permission to stay, and with rare exceptions the applicant has to go for a second visit during the last 30 days for the annual extension.

If an applicant wants to "convert" a 30-day visa-exempt stamp or, say, a Tourist Visa to a retirement extension, and is using income as a qualifying component so that there is no 60-day money seasoning required, does Immigration still issue the 90-day Non-Immigration O and tell the applicant to return later, or do they simply process the retirement that day?

In the cases I've heard of where they issue the 90-day visa, and ask applicant to return, was when money was the sole qualification and hadn't been seasoned enough. e.g. A friend of mine went the B800,000 route, and about 4 weeks into the 90-days, he met the (then) 90-day money-seasoning requirement and they issued the retirement extension at that point -- he didn't need to wait any longer. We both wondered at that time, had he waited until after his money was in the bank for 90 days for the initial contact with Immigrations, would they have made him return, or would they have issued the retirement extension on the initial visit?

Different immigration offices different results.

For example in Chiang Mai a member who had all the requirements met they gave him the 90 day extension and the one year at the same time and he ended up with a permit to stay 15 months long.

Others might make you come back or issue a one day visa.

Two less common stamps below:

The first extension stamp you get after your application for Permanent Residency is accepted

PRextension1.jpg

Subsequent automatic six-month extensions while you are waiting (and waiting, and waiting!) for the result

PRextension2.jpg

Both show the application number: I think "B" means British, and the "49" is the year the application was submitted.

Hope this is helpful :o

Edited by grtaylor

Thank you for these two stamps. Being duly added to the picture gallery.

I doubt that B stands for British, as there are a number of other countries strting with the letter B and anyway it would be more likely to use an abbreviation like UK for United Kingdom. If the application number includes a code identifying the country, this code would probably be B-12 and we would be left to puzzle what the 6 stands for.

Now you’ve given me sleepless nights until I figure this one out :o

--

Maestro

Thank you for these two stamps. Being duly added to the picture gallery.

I doubt that B stands for British, as there are a number of other countries strting with the letter B and anyway it would be more likely to use an abbreviation like UK for United Kingdom. If the application number includes a code identifying the country, this code would probably be B-12 and we would be left to puzzle what the 6 stands for.

Now you’ve given me sleepless nights until I figure this one out :o

--

Maestro

You could right, B12=British, in which case I could be applicant #6 from UK. Only 12 Brits were given PR the previous year, so I suspect thats all who applied.

Here's a recent multi entry non-o from Birmingham UK.

Thank you for this stamp. Although a very recent stamp it seems old-fashioned in the sense that the “fee paid” text is included in it. Perhaps upholding the British reputation for tradition :o

--

Maestro

The more 'modern' sticker type visa. This is a non-o from Delhi, KL are using exactly the same stickers.

post-14979-1230959887_thumb.jpg

Note that the 'family visit, not for employment' annotation did not prevent me getting a work permit against this visa :o

Edited by Crossy

One for the history book as I don't know if Cardiff are still using this stamp (note the spelling of 'Cardief').

post-14979-1230961036_thumb.jpg

At least one person told me this is a fake (because of the spelloing), but I actually went to the consulate to get it, so no fake. Never gave me any issues at immigration although one eagle-eyed BA check-in lady noticed.

Again the overstamp 'no extension of stay' had zero effect on work permit or extension (employment).

Edited by Crossy

Some stamps from my WP.

I take it these are extensions of the work permit. Four stamps, three of them variations with the addition of different small stamps.

I like to include the place and date of the stamps’ issue in the file name but as these stamps are all in Thai with the exception of one date, which might be the expiration date, I wonder if you can give me this additional information, ie place (town) and date of issue.

Thanks.

--

Maestro

The stamps are coming in plentiful and I am having great fun adding them to my gallery. Thank you all.

If you already see a stamp of a particular visa in the gallery from a particular consulate, don’t let this stop you from giving me you stamp of the same visa but from another conslulate. I am collecting one stamp or sticker per visa type per consulate, extension stamps per type per immigration office.

In the meantime I have started a separate gallery with old, disused stamps, to which I have added the CARDIEF stamp as an oddity.

--

Maestro

Guest readers, please note that only logged in members have access to the picture galleries. This is not my choice or configuration of my albums but apparently a function of the forum software. Another reason to register on ThaiVisa, if you have not already done so (the principal reason, of course, being the freedom to make posts and join in parties organised by ThaiVisa)

--

Maestro

Some stamps from my WP.

I take it these are extensions of the work permit. Four stamps, three of them variations with the addition of different small stamps.

I like to include the place and date of the stamps’ issue in the file name but as these stamps are all in Thai with the exception of one date, which might be the expiration date, I wonder if you can give me this additional information, ie place (town) and date of issue.

Thanks.

--

Maestro

Extensions from the time I was on a multiple B from Penang.

Koh Samui.

10 Jul to 22 Jan 2008.

Really would like to know what it says on stamp with "VISA".

Koh Samui.

10 Jul to 22 Jan 2008

I figured out the dates, I think. The vertical, stamped date in Thai is the application date, the horizontal, handwritten date in Thai and English is the expiration date of the work permit extension.

Don’t know what the Thai text in this “VISA” stamp says but somebody will come along and tell us, I’m sure:

post-21260-1230973523_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

P.S. I have now asked for a translation in the Thai Language Forum with this post.

Edited by Maestro
Added postscript - Maestro

Translation arrived: “visa used”

I saw that the extension with that additional stamp was a very short one, perhaps based on the last entry stamp you were able to get out of the multiple-entry non-B visa you had at the time.

Extension issue date: 17 JAN 2008

Extension expiration date: 22 JAN 2008

--

Maestro

Here are a few of my PP entries:

1. original visa (obtained based on having Thai wife):

post-3742-1231007551_thumb.jpg

2. the upper part in red is WP related, the lower part states that visa info has been tranferred to a new PP:

post-3742-1231007658_thumb.jpg

3. info of original extension of stay info entered into new PP:

post-3742-1231007768_thumb.jpg

4. a single re-entry permit:

post-3742-1231007815_thumb.jpg

5. my latest extension of stay based on Thai wife:

post-3742-1231007868_thumb.jpg

Guess most of the info is redundant by now but anyway use them if needed otherwise discard.

opalhort

Looking through the stamps, I haven't seen the addendum stamped below my visa. (Extension of Stay Not Permitted)

Comments? (U.S., multi non-O, family (wife),

Extension of stay stamp means means nothing. You can still get an extension at immigration.

I have no idea why they even bother putting that stamp on visas.

Looking through the stamps, I haven't seen the addendum stamped below my visa. (Extension of Stay Not Permitted)

Comments? (U.S., multi non-O, family (wife),

Extension of stay stamp means means nothing. You can still get an extension at immigration.

I have no idea why they even bother putting that stamp on visas.

Had this on my non-B visas from Penang, but corrected.

Se some post above.