Internet Service In Pattaya!

jumpstart

Yes, there has been several discussions over this topic, but I have a very specific questions concerning it. I moved here about 4 months ago and they automatically set me up on a internet program that's ~1000 bht a month for 2m and connects through a small device I plug into the electrical outlet. It is EXTREMELY unreliable. It cuts out about every 5 minutes, and they will not fix it simply because it "begins to work" even if it's only up for a short time. I am a computer programmer, so this has become a big issue. The only thing I know about my current ISP is that I purchase a paper slip monthly that says "Access Convergence Management Co." I've already emailed Banglamung([email protected]) to get their pricing, but I want to make sure they actually run through a cable outlet and not some electrical outlet. Reliability is of great importance here.

It sounds like you are not connected to an ISP, but to some local internet distribution system.

Probably set up by your condo, and using Ethernet over Powerline technology.

So they will have some internet connection and then resell (share) on towards the residents inn the building.

Your best bet would be to get a TT&T phone line into your place and subscribe to their Premier Maxnet ADSL package. 3M/1M for 1990 Baht/month +VAT.

Banglamung TV and Supernet are only sharing internet themselves. They have 4MB CAT ADSL packages and then resell/share them through their cable network, using Ethernet over cable technology.

So speeds can vary a lot...

It sounds like you are not connected to an ISP, but to some local internet distribution system.

Probably set up by your condo, and using Ethernet over Powerline technology.

So they will have some internet connection and then resell (share) on towards the residents inn the building.

Your best bet would be to get a TT&T phone line into your place and subscribe to their Premier Maxnet ADSL package. 3M/1M for 1990 Baht/month +VAT.

Banglamung TV and Supernet are only sharing internet themselves. They have 4MB CAT ADSL packages and then resell/share them through their cable network, using Ethernet over cable technology.

So speeds can vary a lot...

Thanks Monty. Why would you recommend the TT&T over Banglamung? Is it a reliability issue? And, yes... I believe I'm paying for Ether over powerline.

I have Banglamung cable internet service at 2 mbps @ B 2000 per month and am very happy with it. The main thing for me was that they could set it up in a day (which they did) and the connection has been very good (resets a few times a day but no big deal for me). At this moment, I'm downloading about 8 torrent files at slightly over 200 kB/s and this is not unusual.

The problem for me with TT&T and Maxnet is that first, getting the telephone line itself is not always easy and 2nd everytime I used to check-in with their office at Carrefour, they would always say there were no connections available at the time in my area (Nernplubwan).

I have Banglamung cable internet service at 2 mbps @ B 2000 per month and am very happy with it. The main thing for me was that they could set it up in a day (which they did) and the connection has been very good (resets a few times a day but no big deal for me). At this moment, I'm downloading about 8 torrent files at slightly over 200 kB/s and this is not unusual.

The problem for me with TT&T and Maxnet is that first, getting the telephone line itself is not always easy and 2nd everytime I used to check-in with their office at Carrefour, they would always say there were no connections available at the time in my area (Nernplubwan).

About 3 months ago I enquired for Internet at TT&T and TOT and was told by both that there is no cable to serve us at Soi 12/1 Soi Wat Boon Samphan. I then contacted the head office in Bangkok to complain and was the next day offered the option to pay 10,000 Baht to have my own cable and that was installed about a week later. I have the Premier 2MBdown/800 KB up packages for roughly 1,100 Baht a month and I get the whole bandwidth as I don't have to share the cable with anyone elese. Almost anything can be solutioned if you are willing to go the extra mile, or better: pay extra for what you want.

Edited by Dario