90-day "in Person" Reporting In Bangkok Experience

This is just an experience report for what it's worth.

I am a Bangkok resident and my 90-day report is due January 17. Sunday, January 11 I will leave Bangkok to travel around up north in Thailand. So I *thought is would be OK* to renew my 90-day address report today (8 days early) since the "7 days early" falls on the weekend. I went (first time ever) to the "One Stop Shop" in Rasa II tower since many said they felt is was easier than Suan Plu. Lots of people there, but the 90-day window was free. However the young ladies there said I could not renew because it was 8 days early and the rule is "7 days early to 7 days late is OK". They had me go talk to the supervisor and he absolutely would not yield even though the "7 days early" falls on the weekend. He said I could make the 90-day report at any immigration place in Thailand (even the airports). Maybe so, but I remember once a couple of years ago I tried that up north and they were very disturbed that I didn't do it in Bangkok. That northern Immigration office didn't want to do it since I was not living in their area. (They finally yielded at that time and went ahead and did it for me, grudgingly.)

So, I then went to Suan Plu, with lots of people but the 90-day window #3 wasn't very busy. They renewed my 90-day report without question, BUT for 90 days from today, not 90 days from when the report time was due 8 days hence, so I "lost" 8 days by renewing early this way. Anyway, guess Suan Plu has more lattitude to make judgment calls and are not "locked into the rule book" as much as the "One Stop Shop".

I am a Bangkok resident and my 90-day report is due January 17. Sunday, January 11 I will leave Bangkok to travel around up north in Thailand. So I *thought is would be OK* to renew my 90-day address report today (8 days early) since the "7 days early" falls on the weekend. I went (first time ever) to the "One Stop Shop" in Rasa II tower since many said they felt is was easier than Suan Plu. Lots of people there, but the 90-day window was free. However the young ladies there said I could not renew because it was 8 days early and the rule is "7 days early to 7 days late is OK". They had me go talk to the supervisor and he absolutely would not yield even though the "7 days early" falls on the weekend. He said I could make the 90-day report at any immigration place in Thailand (even the airports). Maybe so, but I remember once a couple of years ago I tried that up north and they were very disturbed that I didn't do it in Bangkok. That northern Immigration office didn't want to do it since I was not living in their area. (They finally yielded at that time and went ahead and did it for me, grudgingly.)

So, I then went to Suan Plu, with lots of people but the 90-day window #3 wasn't very busy. They renewed my 90-day report without question, BUT for 90 days from today, not 90 days from when the report time was due 8 days hence, so I "lost" 8 days by renewing early this way. Anyway, guess Suan Plu has more lattitude to make judgment calls and are not "locked into the rule book" as much as the "One Stop Shop".

I went to Nongkai immigration a week early and they renewed my 90 day's starting on the date one week later.5 minutes I was in and out.

I went to Nongkai immigration a week early and they renewed my 90 day's starting on the date one week later.5 minutes I was in and out.

I find presenting the officer with an inexpensive bottle of wine as a gift has whatever my request flying right on through.

Amazing Thailand !