Atv For Sale In Phuket "dealers? Private?"

phuketsunsets

I am looking for a ATV for my wife as she is scared of scooters, are there any dealership in phuket or surrounding areas?? or does anyone has a good second hand for sale maybe??

i have searched Google and there seem not be much available in Thailand.

Q: Can you License/Register and insure them ?

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks to you all :D

marc :o

Legally anyway. I see huge caravans of them on the road between the kata viewpoint and going towards Nai

Yes .... I have been caught behind that group a few times. I wonder if the drivers are aware that their tour guide is leading them into an illegal activity. But we all know that the police never patrol that road ... :o

better to get one of the little 2stroke, 3 wheel hondas that are about. they are legal for town use but only normally have maung(municipal)registration plate at least they do here in Nakhom Pathom but we are a university town so 100's of these 2stroke things about. or better still teach her how to ride safely then she will not be scared and get her a small auto like yamaha mio or honda click. dont forget a decent helmet. also ATV's are very difficult to ride on the road especially through traffic.

Allan

better to get one of the little 2stroke, 3 wheel hondas that are about. they are legal for town use but only normally have maung(municipal)registration plate at least they do here in Nakhom Pathom but we are a university town so 100's of these 2stroke things about. or better still teach her how to ride safely then she will not be scared and get her a small auto like yamaha mio or honda click. dont forget a decent helmet. also ATV's are very difficult to ride on the road especially through traffic.

Allan

Unplated on phuket and illegal here.. As are the ATV's..

Basically the OP is S.O.L.

Yes .... I have been caught behind that group a few times. I wonder if the drivers are aware that their tour guide is leading them into an illegal activity.
If I recall an answer to a question in the Phuket Gazette correctly, it is allowed to drive them on the public road if you have to drive that way to reach the track (or something like that), so it would not surprise me if those guys actually are allowed to drive there.

Yes .... I have been caught behind that group a few times. I wonder if the drivers are aware that their tour guide is leading them into an illegal activity.
If I recall an answer to a question in the Phuket Gazette correctly, it is allowed to drive them on the public road if you have to drive that way to reach the track (or something like that), so it would not surprise me if those guys actually are allowed to drive there.

You sure.. I remember it saying the exact opposite

http://www.phuketgazette.com/issuesanswers...ails.asp?id=867

“ATVs are unregistered vehicles. According to the Traffic Act, Section 6, anyone using an unregistered vehicle on public roads is subject to a fine of up to 10,000 baht.”

http://www.phuketgazette.com/issuesanswers...ails.asp?id=692

http://www.phuketgazette.com/issuesanswers...ails.asp?id=494

Obviously my memory was not correct.

Funny though, this quotation from November 2005:

I was not aware that people were driving ATVs on the roads or on the beach.

The OrBorTor will order them not to do so. We will warn them first not to drive on the beach and, if they persist in doing it, we will find a more suitable place for them to go

Maybe the OrBorTor did not tell them?

Obviously my memory was not correct.

Funny though, this quotation from November 2005:

I was not aware that people were driving ATVs on the roads or on the beach.

The OrBorTor will order them not to do so. We will warn them first not to drive on the beach and, if they persist in doing it, we will find a more suitable place for them to go

Maybe the OrBorTor did not tell them?

ATV's are always on the beach at low tide at Cape Yamu. Some police ride them in phuket, but only when there is flooding on the roads. Get a bike with a side-car if you have proplems staying upright!!!

Syl

Get a bike with a side-car if you have problems staying upright!!!

Aaahh ... but a side car or trolley is also an illegal modification and should be pulled off the road by our magnificent boys in brown. So, Thais get away with it, and I have seen a few Farangs driving them. I suppose they just pay the occasional fine .... :o Why not get your wife a little Mira car or one of those small Madza half trucks.

I also drive a sidecar on occasion and never get pulled over or fined. Also the yearly renewal is never a problem.

But to anyone having problems driving a motorbike, I would not recommend driving a sidecar. They really are quite difficult to drive.

Get a bike with a side-car if you have problems staying upright!!!

Aaahh ... but a side car or trolley is also an illegal modification and should be pulled off the road by our magnificent boys in brown. So, Thais get away with it, and I have seen a few Farangs driving them. I suppose they just pay the occasional fine .... :D Why not get your wife a little Mira car or one of those small Madza half trucks.

she already got a spec up fortuner with all bells and whistle's , just need something for around the jungle and to go to local shop or so , were in the ao por area where it is quite and nice to go driving around , an ATV for her comfort and the little one on the back is a good idea i thought , i was only inquiring for a dealer not opinions to buy something else or so... :o

Obviously the OP has a bit of trouble finding his way around as this the visa forum.

yeah i am new to this and to phuket .. all i try to do is getting my family started here and maybe some other expaths are helpfull with giving some decent info .. i didn't know it was the visa forum .. my apologies