Thai Family

designersing

Also, most Thais that don't have much money or are poor don't really think about a rainy day. If they had £1M baht tomorrow it wouldn't last long.

If they had 1m Baht tomorrow they would not have got it today - they would have got it tomorrow.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe this thread.. just after spending two days googling farang kii nok...

Set the scene..

My spoken Thai is okay for everyday stuff...no politics or deep conversation but more than enough for normal communication.

On Monday i was standing at the reception counter of the badmintom club i have been playing at daily for over a year. The one receptionist was on duty and was rabbiting away to her friend on the telephone and asked me to wait a moment...This i duly did then the person on the other end of the telephone

must of heard me and could tell it wasn't a Thai person speaking and must have asked her.."who is that"....

The receptionist who i have been dealing with daily for a year said into the telephone...."oh la la farang kii nok waiting blah blah blah"""

I said loudly enough for her to listen while speaking on the telephone and know i was pissed off. "tammai pood mai suparp krap?" and left it at that...

Tuesday I went to the counter and all the staff are working and start to talking to me and i just ignored the casual conversation ordered my drink and said thanks and walked off..leaving them in no doubt there was a problem with me even more so as the owners son was there so they were more than polite.

The one staff afterwards asked my wife what was wrong and she told her... about the other receptionist calling me a farang kii nok

Since then i haven't been back and have gone to another club...

I am voting with my feet on this one and staying away from this club. I have alot of friends there and they will be asking where i am as i play there daily..

It will be interesting when i go back on Sunday to found out what is said to me by the receptionists...

Anyway... The phrase farang kii nok in this instance is just plain rude and there is no defending it....

I would take it lightly from my misses or her close mates if we were playing around but not from service staff to a customer...

Edited by sanook2me

I saw a Thai cut up on his Mcycle, by some shit in a pick up, as the lights turned red, the traffic stopped - The Thai pulls up next to the pickup and roars at the driver "AI HEAR MAH" - it seemed to do the trick! (my son tells me - he is half thai - that that is probably the worst thing you can say to a Thai - the guy in the pick up was well pissed!

Yep, sure is and likey to get you smoked..as in D E A D.

Means that your something preverse with your mom. Pronounced "he ra" but sounds like "here".

I'm sure you all knew that. :)